Deco (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't see him leave for less than 15m € and 4-5m €/year for wages.

Barca can easily get more for him. Many teams will want to get him so we're out of the race, simple as that.

We should get on the phone and see what they want but with the current management we have I see us buying a younger player that's less talented now but could become a very good player. We don't participate in bidding wars.

The only exception Juve could make is on Diego since J. Elkann and Ranieri really want him. The thing is that he'll be the only buy of the season(+ freebies and loan) because it will take our whole transfer budget to get him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our whole budget is 30m?

I get the pessimissm for Deco. I do think we will get stiff competition for him (that says alot of what a fantastic player he is), but if we are lucky, we can get him for 12m or so. I think Inter will poach him before us, and he will just lead them to glory even more.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
yeah there's CL money(if we get there) :xfinger: but we bought Sissoko this winter, we have to pay for the co-ownership deals and won't get much for the players we'll sell.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Deco can be an awesome player. On the Portuguese NT, he is often the most pivotal player on the pitch -- the whole team plays differently when he's on.

That said, he's been in a rough patch this past year. I worry that he's well past his prime, perhaps, and is going to go for prices on his way down.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Deco is a creative force, but I wouldn't lump him together with player's like VDV and Diego. They share many attacking characteristics, but Deco is more robust than either as he wont shy away from battles in midfield. He can and isn't afraid to tackle, and is usually all over the place. We could play him next to Zanetti, with Giovinco and Camo also on.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I don't see him leave for less than 15m € and 4-5m €/year for wages.

Barca can easily get more for him. Many teams will want to get him so we're out of the race, simple as that.

We should get on the phone and see what they want but with the current management we have I see us buying a younger player that's less talented now but could become a very good player. We don't participate in bidding wars.

The only exception Juve could make is on Diego since J. Elkann and Ranieri really want him. The thing is that he'll be the only buy of the season(+ freebies and loan) because it will take our whole transfer budget to get him.
the way i see it, ranieri and elkann or whoever has the fucking money, wont blow it all on deco, i think they know we need someone like vdv or diego, so i wouldpredict that it would be a younger player who wont command such a high price or salary in comparison to deco.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Deco's been seriously underrated his whole career, I don't think we'd have too much competition for him, especially at this age.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Juve are known to create stars, not buy fallen ones.
You mean like Cannavaro, Mutu and Mellberg?

Yes i know Mutu wasnt old when we signed him, but his career was doomed when we signed him. And we revived it, like we did with Cannavaro aswell...

Im sure just because a player is 31, doesnt make him a fallen star.

Ohhh, and the creating stars comment, we have yet to see Secco showing his "talent".

Deco is more than welcome if you ask me, he might not be a long-term solution, but he surely would add a spark for us.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Deco has looked rusty, old and past it this season for Barca, furthermore he really looks like he cant give a damn anymore..

In all fairness though ,when on form he's a classy playmaker that makes the team click..it would be a risk, but a new environment and another league might be exactly what he needs to get back to his best..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No offense, but waaaaaaay to many morons on this forum. Deco oooozes creativity in every aspect of the world, period. Excells massively in exactly the thing we need, and is facing his last days in Barca and will leave not so pricey (they cant demand much, they would want to get rid of him), and all I read is saying no to him????
Agreed, especially about the moron part.

Deco is one of the best in the game today.

Apr 19, 2007
It could be really hard for him to adjust too. What if it takes him a half season to adjust and then were paying those wages and he isnt what we need. We ahave bought players to play 2 cdm. The cm we have(sissoko,zanetti,marchisio,nocerino tiago0 All quality players and not what we lack. I swear if we keep buying players in the positions we dont need most im gonna be pissed. Is he good yes. So is our other mids. Tiago could begin to make progress. I think I would rather keep him then lose money on him and buy Deco for more who is so much older. Were paying money for a player to adapt to a diff league and pay 3-5 million(if we sell tiago and use that money) and have higher sallaries.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Perhaps so. I like Hamsik too, but this team is desperately in need of immediate quality. We need someone who can somewhat guarantee an improvement to our midfield as well as creativity, such a pressure would kill Hamsik. Right now Deco is a lot better and someone we could rely on, Hamsik would need time. Hamsik has been great this past half year, but it's exactly that; just a half year. Deco is proven, he's a multiple CL winner.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What is it with all this bundled up hate regarding Barca players? People say no to Ronaldinho, people say no to Marquez, people say fuck off to Eto'o, state Iniesta would be a failure in Italy, and now people say no to Deco. What the hell is going on here? I think I know.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wait a fucking minute, no to the wizz that is Iniesta and the best striker in the world Eto'O????

Good thing Messi is so awesome that no retard would even think to say no to him. But then again, if you say that to Eto'O, hehehe amazing.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
would be great to see deco in a juve jersy but i think for that role we need a long term solution and not an expensive stop gap, it would of course depend on the price. Definately the type of player that we should be looking at, and one of the best of that genre

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
What is it with all this bundled up hate regarding Barca players? People say no to Ronaldinho, people say no to Marquez, people say fuck off to Eto'o, state Iniesta would be a failure in Italy, and now people say no to Deco. What the hell is going on here? I think I know.
:agree: , I am not a Barca fan. But I would be happy with any of those players. Most of the Barca players that were mentioned above only need ambition and for that to happen they need a new environment: Ronaldhino, Marquez & Deco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)