Deco (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
No way to Give away 20 Million for 31 years Old player despite he has the quality , if Deco value around 20million why don't buy VDV or add 5-6 Millions for Diego :shifty: Younger and same class for sure .

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
20mil for a 31 year old Deco? 2 years ago, yeah, but now I think that's too much mate. A straight swap with Tiago could be more likely IMO.
a straight swap for tiago?i think if we get offered this we should atke it straight away. i personally was a big fan of tiago and thought he could eb great for us but lets be honest it is not gonna happen for him here.
deco has shown his quality and the fact he has slipped down the pecking order in barca should not detract from his quality, after all it is rijkaard in charge and he has less tactical awareness than ranieri

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
You know the old saying though form is temporary and class is..

I'd welcome Deco in a heartbeat. Fantastic player. He has the class, technique and elegance only few players have. He does everything with such cognitive ease, like Pirlo for example.

Deco might be on the old side, but he'd improve our midfield so much. I'd love him here.
I second that. Though lately he seems very incosistent and a bit of a choker. However, he still is good enough.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
2-3 years ago for sure. Now I'll pass. Cigarini, Lucho...would be my choices. We need one of them for creativity with Sissoko, Nocerino, Zanetti and Marchisio. If Tiago plays well till the end of the season then we can keep the current mid inserting Marchisio back from loan.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Cigarini or Lucho over Deco?

You're seriously underrating Deco here. Cigarini is a talented player, he'd start as fringe player in even the current juve squad, having to work his way into the team slowly. He's still very raw and at the very beginnings of his carreer. He's still somewhat of a risk and he wont be cheap either.

Lucho is a strong player, but not a creative playmaker that will make the midfield tick. He's midfield-all rounder, a decent player, but not a star like Deco. Lucho could be another Tiago case?

Deco right now is still superiour to Diego and VdV, even though the latter have the better years of their carreer still to come. Deco's an old-fashioned playmaker and he'll make the entire team function better, where Diego and especially VdV are more individualistic players.

Deco would mean immediate, guaranteed topquality. Yes, he's somewhat old, but that also means experience. His experience will prove all the more useful in the CL. And yes he'll be cheaper as well, Diego's speculated costs are immense.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Deco to Inter.

You could buy Deco for cheap(like no other club will enter the race to get him) and have Giovinco fit in the squad gradually. I doubt it will happen though. Deco will ask for a lot of $$$.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

A straight swap with Tiago? :lol: wake up!
A 30 year old Henry, got transfered to Barcelona for what, 18mil Euro? Tiago's value is surely not much under 10mil and Deco's will certainly be somewhere around that amount at the age of 31.

As players they're surely not on par but when it comes to value I think they're pretty close, a few mil give or take.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rejecting Deco is probably the dumbest notion I've pondered today.

But it's early, so there will probably be another idiotic idea coming up in the mix.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am yet to see a great player that has been touted on here that has not been rejected.

I am not even sure what you guys want. You cry out for creativity and you have 1 that has creativity coming out of his ears and you say no.

Dont wanna alarm ya but i read on yahoo that we are interested in John Carew.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Waaaaaait, why am I reading so much crap underrating Deco?

Cigarini? (YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME) Tiago? Only reason to not sign Deco would be too high fee or if you dont want a 30 year old. In all else, he is fantastic. That he isnt as good for Barca as before and declining matters little, he is twice the player Tiago is (defensively even stronger despite being playmaker), and would be quite the improvement for us.

He is a CM and not an AM, so you can still play with an AM like Diego while having him. Bit of a Seedorf role so to say, and Seedorf is hugely important for Milan. Signing him DOES not mean you cant sign Diego or any other AM, Deco has been a regista for a long while and played with AMs.

It would an absolute steal if all they asked was to swap Deco for Tiago. I wouldnt waste much money on Deco just to be stingy because its a short term signing, but he so insanely superior to Almiron, Tiago and Sissoko that all them put together cant touch him, and they costed frigging 35m together.

Unless Barca wants to overcharge for him, it would be insanely retarded to reject Deco. The age thing is over emphasized, both Thuram, Canna and Nedved were all signed around his age.

No offense, but waaaaaaay to many morons on this forum. Deco oooozes creativity in every aspect of the world, period. Excells massively in exactly the thing we need, and is facing his last days in Barca and will leave not so pricey (they cant demand much, they would want to get rid of him), and all I read is saying no to him????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)