Deco to Juve (1 Viewer)

juve1717

Jun 14, 2004
Juventus After Deco
6/15/2004 10:39:00 PM
"Juventus are after Porto star Deco according to the Portuguese press and they are trying to get the midfielder to sign before Chelsea make their move.
The bianconeri general manager Luciano Moggi met Deco's agent Guimaraes today but Peter Kenyon is also in Portugal so it's a question of which side will offer the most interesting deal for the player and if it's up to the money then it will be very difficult for Juventus to splash for cash than Abramovich."

www.goal.com (soccerage)

What do you think about this?
Moggi would be my hero if he does this!!:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He would be an even better replacement for Nedved. He is a natural playmaker, and has some of the best passing and vision in the world today, possibly second to Zidane. Deco would be a great signing, but I don't think it will happen though.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
A decent defender or two hopefully....
Indeed. I find it a bit worrying that (according to the tabloids anyway) our priorities have shifted more and more up the pitch

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not say to anything, but if deco, emerson, joaquin and vicente all joined, it would be an awesome midfield indeed.

----------emerson

joaquin--------------vincente

-------------deco

very nice!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Without Nedved??? I think you are all missing the point! Something every side and favourite lacked till now in Euro 2004 was movement. Deco was shit against Greece, and Nedved played very well against Latvia, because he was one of the only playmakers, who moved around the pitch and passed the ball very well. I am against Deco, and would welcome a winger like Vicente, but defenetly not Deco. He is not the type of player I like.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
still, deco gives us something nedved doesnt. And thats creativity...he is able to create a lot more than nedved can.

if its possible to play nedved in the midfield along with emerson and maresca, then i'm all for it as im sure he can run a muck from a deeper position anyway. but i think capello will want a creative player as such. every team he has coahed has had a good creative player behdin the forwards.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Nedved is more creative than Deco. He doesn't do anything outstanding, instead concentrates on the teamplay, and tries to keep the game running. Thats creative IMO. Deco is a player like Totti. He thinks that only he can do it. Nedved is 10, no sorry 100 times better than Deco. Really, I hope this is just a rumour and we won't get him. Vicente or Joaquin, but never Deco. Also, Mourinho will take him to Chelsea. He wants to go to the Stamfordbridge, and will get his move.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Talking about nedved...he looked very sharp aganist latvia..

OK it was latvia... but he did his job very very well. It seems he regained his form.!!

Dont sell him.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Deco is a good playmaker but dont overrate him. I will like to see him in another team to really calibrate his class. What he does at Porto is in a great part product of Mourinho years of polishing a machine who become a very strong team with good-only players.

He is creative but he is slow as playmaker. I dont think he is the kind of Juve player. Also, (opposit to Zizou) he is so full of himself....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
im not saying that nedved isnt better than deco, im just saying that he has more skill in terms of passing and creating, ie. through balls etc. no playmaker on this planet is as hard working as nedved is, he is one of a kind. however, capello's style of play needs a player like deco behind the forwards.

lets not forget nedveds age as well and past season for juventus.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Deco is a good player but somehow I prefer other playmaker
and Deco is not in Totti`s league IMO at least from what I remember Deco (haven`t seen him for years...)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I don't like him at all and this is luckily just soccerage shit, he's not coming... But this one is funny, I wasn't able to watch Czech-Latvia yesterday, so I asked from my nerazzurri-friend how did Nedved play and he answered that he only watched 1st half, Nedved played like crap... I just watched the game on video and realized that wasn't true at all... So beauty really is in spectator's eye...

NZjuvefan

Jun 2, 2004
Deco is overrated. IMO no one Porto player is that great, but they r a great team. (actually some of their defenders are class- Carvhalo, Ferriera ) Maybe we should be looking at these Porto players instead of slow, overrated Deco

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
dont understand why people are saying that deco is overrated. he isnt rated that highly at all. in fact, the seaosn before he played very good football and no one even noticed him because porto only won the UEFA which isnt taken as seriously as the CL. But now that Porto have been a great success, suddenly deco is rated higher because the media need to find a player to talk about from their team.

however, deco may not be a totti, but he is still a good player nonetheless. And at the end of the day, Capello is going to ask for a playmaker. If he doesnt see nedved as being that player behind the forwards, whoelse is there to get? Rosicky isnt any better than deco. Aimar is more of a dream signing.

so i think Deco isnt a bad player to look at right now, unless of course we can get ronaldinho:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)