Davids eyes Juve extension (1 Viewer)

TroGeee

Jun 3, 2003
Davids eyes Juve extension Tuesday 19 August, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgar Davids wants to extend his current contract with Italian champions Juventus, according to his agent.

The Dutchman only has a year left on his present deal in Turin but he wants to remain despite interest from Chelsea.

"It is true that the Premiership side made him an offer but he turned them down because he wants to continue at Juventus," Robert Geerlings told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"There is a very real possibility that Edgar will renew his contract with the Bianconeri because that is his desire."

Speculation suggests that the former Ajax man will probably leave the club as talks over a new contract have stalled.

But Geerlings maintains those claims are untrue as contract negotiations have not even begun.

"Davids hasn’t received an offer from Juve as of yet," he continued. "I haven’t been in Turin since April and have not heard from the club since then. I am simply waiting for the call."

However, there is a distinct possibility that the Delle Alpi outfit will release the 30-year-old after the arrival of Stephan Appiah.

The Ghanaian youngster has quickly settled in Turin and has even replaced Davids in the first team so far this pre-season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slash ] ++

but now how to fit all Appiah, Tacchinardi and Davids in one system?
Davids and Tacchi does not play the same position! They were both in the starting 11 through the whole season.

But Davids will have to battle with Appiah, this will be interesting :extatic:

Jul 12, 2002
Davids is the superior player, and thus he should start, but I think that Appiah is more like Tacch than he is like Davids, but that Appiah will displace one of them this season. Personally, I'd rather it were Tacch, but either way it seems inevitable...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
1 mil and 1 roumours going out there but nothing for for sure yet.....sigh.....well, i hope this 1 is true and that David's does remain with us :)

As for the Appiah/Davids/Tacchi thing. I think that Tacchi will remain the same. Competition will be between Davids and Appiah cos Appiah was brought to juve as a back up for Davids and possibly replace him in the future.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Poor Maresca....his a** will be growing roots to the bench :down:

i hope he doesn't leave, and i hope he finds some more space. it's time Conte left.

with all the midfielders we have, maybe we could try the 3-5-2 sometime...

Jul 7, 2003
That's very good news!

In uors midifield will be great fight for place and who will be in best form he will play-that's very good for Juve and us-supporters ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Majed - Maresca is actually the only player that can play as AM C instead of Nedved. Finally the Czech can rest in a couple of matches thanks to Enzo, so I think he will be playing quite a bit.

Still I'm notconvinced by the words of the David's agent. Maybe he's saying those things to hide the fact there might be some sort of deal going behind the juve backs, or maybe he's trying to make it look like Davids is the good guy and wants to stay with juve, but juve don't want him. Before anything is signed, there will be a lot of talking.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
These words dont mean anything.
All agents always talk like this. These are just media manipulations. If davids wants to leave he will. So we really shudnt believe what these guys say.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
I don't think Davids will stay, all these words mean nothing, we have to wait and see.
yap, but when he`ll extend his contract hes a real bianconero:cheesy:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Poor Maresca....his a** will be growing roots to the bench :down:

i hope he doesn't leave, and i hope he finds some more space. it's time Conte left.

with all the midfielders we have, maybe we could try the 3-5-2 sometime...
what position is Maresca playing exactly DM or AM (I mean where is he playing better as an AM or as an DM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)