David Trezeguet Q & A (1 Viewer)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
This is an Interview made with D Trezegeut , where he talks about Juve's season so far:

*How do you see Juve's Champions League quarter-final tie against Barcelona?

We should get two great games. This is a better than being drawn against one of the other Italian sides left in the competition, but, obviously, they will provide us with a good test. Barcelona have achieved great results in the Champions League this season and have top class players all over the field.

Playing at the Nou Camp is something to enjoy and we all fancy our chances of making the last four. We recently came from behind to beat Deportivo La Coruna and if we show the character we did that night, we will be OK.

*Juventus were knocked out at the second round stage of the Champions League last season. In what way have the team improved over the last year?

Mentally we are stronger, I think. Right till the end of a game we believe we can produce that special something to win a match. There's great self-belief here.

I also think the Italian clubs in general have changed in their approach to Europe. They have realised it's not enough just to defend, that you have to go out and score goals, to play good football.

*How flexible are Juventus tactically?

Tactics are very important in Italian football and we have the ability to play in a number of ways. We often go for a 4-3-1-2 system, but we've had success with a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1. Being able to change formation in a certain situation is a key to success.

*Despite numerous injury worries this season, Juventus are in pole position to retain the Italian championship and in the last eight of the Champions League. What is the secret?

We have a large quality squad and everyone has this great battling spirit. When Alex Del Piero, Pavel Nedved or myself have been out injured, others have come in to do a fantastic job. That's a sign of a top club.

*You have been out injured for much of this season. Are the problems with your right knee finally behind you?

I hope so. The knee is no longer giving me any pain. I injured it in pre-season but then made the mistake of coming back too quickly and I broke down again. I took too much of a risk. It was the same type of injury as Ronaldo suffered, though of course, his was much more serious.

All in all, I missed the best part of six months but the the one plus point was that I didn't need an operation.

*How did you cope with It is the first serious injury of your career?

It was a little difficult to get through. I wasn't used to spending such a long time on the sidelines. It's not easy to watch your teammates playing and doing well without you.

*Apart from winning the Serie A title with Juventus last season, you were also the league's top scorer and Italy's Players' Player of the Year. Did it go better than you could have hoped?

Absolutely. When I arrived in Italy in 2000 from Monaco, I was far from the most popular player in the country. I had just scored the Golden Goal for France against Italy in the Final of Euro 2000 and you could say I had a lot of ground to make up.

So to be awarded the Player of the Year award by my fellow professionals was a huge thrill. It was my first individual honour and I was following in the footsteps of Zinedine Zidane, a legend.

*Your Juventus coach Marcelo Lippi says in a couple of years, you will be an even more complete player?

I hope he's right. I must continue working hard to improve my game and I'm still only 25.

*Did it concern you when Juve signed highly-rated Parma striker Marco Di Vaio last summer?
No. I proved I have what it takes to score lots goals in Italy last season and he doesn't really play in the same position as me, often operating out wide.

Marco is a very good attacker and goalscorer. His arrival was good for Juve. We now have five strikers of high quality and it's up to our coach Marcello Lippi to choose.

*What is your reaction to speculation that you might leave Juventus?

I can only say that I feel good at Juve and the Italian championship is one which suits me. I have two years left on my contract and I'd like to stay here for a long time. I came to Juventus to win important trophies and I think I made a good choice.

Serie A is the most difficult and competitive league around. Here every game is a battle. You have show a lot of will-to-win and be able to cope with high pressure. I believe I can do that.

forza Trezegol :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++

*Juventus were knocked out at the second round stage of the Champions League last season. In what way have the team improved over the last year?

Mentally we are stronger, I think. Right till the end of a game we believe we can produce that special something to win a match . There's great self-belief here.
IN my opinion this is the GREAT difference between the last season´s juve amd the juve of our days.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
eventhough he is not on form now...but don't letting him go...no juventini doesn't like him....he's good...

he will bring the success for the Juve remaining match...bring both trophies to Turin....we hope so.....:cool:

as Buffon said, it is very hard but it is possible...

Forza JUVE &TREZEGOL

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
of course treze must continue with juve. Maybe he is not the "all on one" striker, and people criticize him a lot, but, he really scores!.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
trezeguet is a very good striker!!!!

he has a different style than Henry and Ruud Van Nistleroy

trezegoal seems to lurk in the box and waits for the right pass to do the lethal finish and there is nothing wrong with that!!!!
too bad he has had a bad form this year! hope it improves!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)