David Pizarro (1 Viewer)

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Well... supposedly the meeting for Pizarro is tomorrow, so it's not unlikely that we'll know more then.

Until we learn more though, I think many would benefit from going back to look at some of, I believe it was Shadowfax and denco's, comments about our financial state from other topics.
We DON'T have the money to buy big names. We just don't.

Seing how that is so, that we've got Maresca who is an attacking midfielder primarily- one who can both play central and behind the forwards; seing how we have Nedved who has ben used behind the forwards for the past 2 years; seing how Kapo will arrive on a free- Kapo who is either deployed as left forward/left winger or behind the forwards.... is a trequartista really what we need?

In my opinion- what sets the fluidity of Milan and Roma apart from us is not that they have Kaka/Rui Costa or Totti in attacking midfield. It is that Pirlo/Seedorff/Ambrosini/Redondo and Emerson/Dacourt/De Rossi are so much more composed passers of the ball than Tacchi/Appiah/Conte. They can receive the ball under pressure and move it about fast. With us- such pressure most of the time results in a missed pass or an aimless punt upfield for an isolated Trezeguet (most glaringly in evidence in the Inter matches, the away match at Roma and at Depor).

Had we not taken in Kapo; if we knew that Nedved would be sold- yes then I would agree that a playmaker ace would be a great, even fundamental, addition. But right now I believe we have more to gain from getting a midfielder to replace the ghost of Davids. One who is combattive, but at the same time offers creativity from a Pirlo like outset. Whether that is Pizarro, Pedretti or other... that all depends on the price. If they're too expensive- then we'll end up with Blasi/Brighi.... which would be unfortunate in terms of our quality, but necessary financially.

Tough, but those are the realitites. Same goes for defensive options. Money will be the decisive factor.

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
who is the best for us?

Diego, Jank, Rosicky or Pizzaro?
personally i would say Rosicky ..never liked Pizaro as he does not have a stable performance ...something that you must have to be successful in Juve

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Good post glen, I agree.

As you have said money will be the key deciding factor IMO, because majority our funds I believe is going to refurbishing the stadium.
This means that we got 1) reduce our cost 2) finanance our debt.

In addition that, our team is aging and lacking quality in defence, which means that we do need some reinforcement.

This is why I strongly believe that Nedved, Thuram, Trezeguet, Del Piero (yes Alex) could be sold this year; unlikely that they all be sold but at least two of the players from the list could leave.
Their sale could reduce wage burden while providing finance to reinforce certain areas of the team. Hence I believe signing players like Aimar and Rosicky is critical to our team next year.:). Furthermore, it sets out the message that Juve is not just a selling team but one that is commited to winning long run which is vital to keep the fanbase.

Paradoxally, keeping Nedved, Alex, and Thuram would be more costly in terms of rent than Rosicky, & Aimar, considering higher wages and depreciating value. I think it is quite rational to get big name replacement for big name players be it through sales of those players, bank loans, or equity.
After all Kaka, Totti, are ultimate game winners.;). But nonetheless, I cannot agree more with the sentiment that we need more natural passers in the team.

Jul 28, 2002
fianacially, signing the youngsters is gonna have to happen, how long can this aging defense last before totally collapsing?? Are we gonna fill it with totally crap or mediocre players?? Free transfers and bargains are what we should look for. Kapo is a step in the rigght direction, and there are other bargain outs there, even diego.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
fianacially, signing the youngsters is gonna have to happen, how long can this aging defense last before totally collapsing?? Are we gonna fill it with totally crap or mediocre players?? Free transfers and bargains are what we should look for. Kapo is a step in the rigght direction, and there are other bargain outs there, even diego.
Diego, Mexes, Cavenaghi, Gasbarroni, they sound great and pretty cheap... I'm sure that Trez leaves, maybe Thuram will go too... And btw, how much are they asking for Ferrari??

di_vatai

Mar 30, 2004
I didn't want to open a new topic about pizarro, just pushed the wrong button. anyway, I don't think he has the skills to play in Juve, i can't even imagine his position in our midfiled. why don't we buy jankulovski from his team? even jörgensen would be a better choice.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't know about Jank, cuz if there is no room in midfield, and with Zambro at left back, I think there is no need for Jank. IMO he is just another Nedved, not a natural playmaker that we need. Yo sIAMO, who is that hotty in your Avatar?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I am eating Pizza-ro right now, and it is! So why would we need Jank? I would rather have Pedretti, as he could be the succesor to Deschamps that we never found. So no Jank, maybe Pizarro, but definitly Pedretti.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
Well... supposedly the meeting for Pizarro is tomorrow, so it's not unlikely that we'll know more then.

Until we learn more though, I think many would benefit from going back to look at some of, I believe it was Shadowfax and denco's, comments about our financial state from other topics.
We DON'T have the money to buy big names. We just don't.

Seing how that is so, that we've got Maresca who is an attacking midfielder primarily- one who can both play central and behind the forwards; seing how we have Nedved who has ben used behind the forwards for the past 2 years; seing how Kapo will arrive on a free- Kapo who is either deployed as left forward/left winger or behind the forwards.... is a trequartista really what we need?

In my opinion- what sets the fluidity of Milan and Roma apart from us is not that they have Kaka/Rui Costa or Totti in attacking midfield. It is that Pirlo/Seedorff/Ambrosini/Redondo and Emerson/Dacourt/De Rossi are so much more composed passers of the ball than Tacchi/Appiah/Conte. They can receive the ball under pressure and move it about fast. With us- such pressure most of the time results in a missed pass or an aimless punt upfield for an isolated Trezeguet (most glaringly in evidence in the Inter matches, the away match at Roma and at Depor).

Had we not taken in Kapo; if we knew that Nedved would be sold- yes then I would agree that a playmaker ace would be a great, even fundamental, addition. But right now I believe we have more to gain from getting a midfielder to replace the ghost of Davids. One who is combattive, but at the same time offers creativity from a Pirlo like outset. Whether that is Pizarro, Pedretti or other... that all depends on the price. If they're too expensive- then we'll end up with Blasi/Brighi.... which would be unfortunate in terms of our quality, but necessary financially.

Tough, but those are the realitites. Same goes for defensive options. Money will be the decisive factor.
Excellent post - I'm in total agreement :thumb:

Chileno

May 4, 2004
People just because he is a chilean doesn't mean he cant succeed so is luis jimenez just another salas? another think aweonaos Pizarro is good!! Ive seen him play, and I must say he would really help the team.

Don't be racist

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Nothing but I think he'll go to Inter. we had a chance last year to get him but I think Moggi decided that he was not in their plans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)