David Albelda (2 Viewers)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
As someone who sees a lot of La Liga, invariably matches involving Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético and Valencia, I have witnessed the sad decline of Valencia this season.

Albelda, like several others, looks tired, and, at 30, unwilling or incapable of inspiring his teammates to raise their game.

Koeman has seen enough by now to make the decision that some of his more senior players are going to have to make way for players who will show more hunger.

For Juventus to take Albelda who do nothing other than add one further player that lacks pace. At this crucial time in the rebuiding of the squad, we need to focus on the talent at our disposal which include younger players currently on loan.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
As someone who sees a lot of La Liga, invariably matches involving Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético and Valencia, I have witnessed the sad decline of Valencia this season.

Albelda, like several others, looks tired, and, at 30, unwilling or incapable of inspiring his teammates to raise their game.

Koeman has seen enough by now to make the decision that some of his more senior players are going to have to make way for players who will show more hunger.

For Juventus to take Albelda who do nothing other than add one further player that lacks pace. At this crucial time in the rebuiding of the squad, we need to focus on the talent at our disposal which include younger players currently on loan.

I have little info on Los ches in La Liga ... how is Baraja doing there?
I used to see him popping goals from midfield
And i rate him higher than Albeda

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
from valencia only silva and the guy who broke burdisso's nose (navarro i think) is accepteble, otherwise no one else, not even d. villa.
you would take Navarro (an average defender) over Villa who is arguably a world class striker?
Exactly what i was thinking.

I have little info on Los ches in La Liga ... how is Baraja doing there?
I used to see him popping goals from midfield
And i rate him higher than Albeda
Baraja is washed up and past it, and he's become injury prone too.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Baraja is washed up and past it, and he's become injury prone too.
Thanks ...

Its sad to see the once omnipotent Valencia finding itself in such a state with its coach driving away its players out the Mestella

Los Ches is my fav La Liga side, the team with Canizeres, Marchena, Baraja, Albeda, Vicente, Aimar are pretty awesome ...

If Lippi is not in-charge of Juve, I thought he would be good to lead Valencia. :p

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
people saying the same thing about Canna and how he was washed up when he was at inter, yet he joins us gets his old form back and everybody praises him. he was around the same age as Albelda as well, maybe a bit older.

I think a change of environment could do him wonders. If he comes for free I would love to have him. remember Juve more often than not tends to make its players raise their game.

but then he is spanish and spanish players dont exactly adapt well. Especially ones who have lived their entire lives in Spain, Maybe if he was younger he could have adapted more easily.

OP
Jim_Boi

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #50
    I just was watching the news and they stated that Valencia had released Angulo, Albelda and Canizares. They are now free agent and won't have to pay any amount of money for their services. Do you guys think Juve will try to sign Angulo and Albelda now that they are free agents?>

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    Valencia now is in a position were all players might go if proper offers are presented as there is the system in the club is falling down.
    Juve management as well as any other team will try to snatch players now. we should take advantage of the situation as other teams did with us in 06

OP
    Jim_Boi

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #53
    Thanks ...

Its sad to see the once omnipotent Valencia finding itself in such a state with its coach driving away its players out the Mestella

Los Ches is my fav La Liga side, the team with Canizeres, Marchena, Baraja, Albeda, Vicente, Aimar are pretty awesome ...

If Lippi is not in-charge of Juve, I thought he would be good to lead Valencia. :p
    Aimar playED for Valencia.
    DelPieroForLife we know that Aimar played for Valencia but THE WAY enoran posted it seems as if he is still with Valencia.

Dec 26, 2004
    Thanks ...

DelPieroForLife we know that Aimar played for Valencia but THE WAY enoran posted it seems as if he is still with Valencia.

He was talking about the era when Lippi was in charge of Juve... the very same era when Aimar was a Valencia player;)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    I was really referring to the Valencia team which won La Liga under Benetiz and was in the CL Final a couple of times, the one with Aimar in it.

Thanks for pointing out though and apologies for any misunderstanding ...

Juz hope that one of the great La Liga side dun self-destruct :xfinger:

Err... I was actually suggesting Lippi can come back to mgmt with Valencia instead of Mr. Koeman who looks to me as doing more harm than good

Albeda was the captain of the side for many years ... and the way he was treated by the Valencia Mgmt was kind of humiliating IMO.

OP
    Jim_Boi

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #56
    I was really referring to the Valencia team which won La Liga under Benetiz and was in the CL Final a couple of times, the one with Aimar in it.

Thanks for pointing out though and apologies for any misunderstanding ...

Juz hope that one of the great La Liga side dun self-destruct :xfinger:
    Ok, I just hope that David Villa doesn't end up in the English League. I really don't want Chelsea or Manchester United to get their hand on him.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    I just was watching the news and they stated that Valencia had released Angulo, Albelda and Canizares. They are now free agent and won't have to pay any amount of money for their services. Do you guys think Juve will try to sign Angulo and Albelda now that they are free agents?>
    I always thought Albelda was the heart and soul of Valencia's midfield,he is like Galasek for Ajax before and the Vieira for Arsenal,probably even more essential than Gattuso is to Milan,he pours his heart to win every ball..Its very sad to see him getting kicked out of his childhood club..I see this situation quite similar to the Tacchinardi situation when we were under Capello,but at least he was loaned out to a decent club..

I wouldn't mind Albelda to play for Juve,but for his own sake,i really think he should stay in Spain and show what his capable of right onto Koeman's face..

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    I always thought Albelda was the heart and soul of Valencia's midfield, ...

he pours his heart to win every ball..Its very sad to see him getting kicked out of his childhood club..I see this situation quite similar to the Tacchinardi situation when we were under Capello,but at least he was loaned out to a decent club..
    In a certain sense quite similar to Tacchi ... but Albeda is club captain. Capello was a respectable coach while Koeman has won nothing yet. Furthermore, Koeman is barely a few months into his Mestella hotseat and he already has the backing of the Valencia mgmt to oust Canizares, Albeda, Angulo ...

The way i saw Albeda in tears in the video do suggest how emotionally hurt the man is.

But ur rite that Albeda should stay in Spain and kick Koeman and Valencia 's ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)