David Albelda (2 Viewers)

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Juventus Line Up Possible Albelda Swoop

Valencia star David Albelda is the latest big-name player to be linked to a move to Juventus.

The Bianconeri are well-known to be in the market for a midfielder, and La Stampa claims that the club could take advantage of Albelda’s delicate situation at his club.

The 30-year-old, along with veteran goalkeeper Santiago Canizares, has been sensationally axed from the Valencia starting line-up for the remaining two games of the year by Coach Ronald Koeman, and the pair’s long-term future at the club is under question.

"With respect to everyone and to Cañizares and Albelda, I have explained everything to them,” Koeman said.

"We have decided that they will not be in the squad. They will not play in the next two games and then we shall see about the future.

"These are strong decisions that we have to take for the good of Valencia and that is most important."

Albelda’s contract with Valencia runs until 2011, but Juventus could offer him an immediate route out of the club during the January transfer window.

Bianconeri boss Claudio Ranieri is a big admirer of the player, having worked with him during his two spells as boss at the Mestalla.

Albelda also has international pedigree, having played for the Spain national team on 46 occasions.

Gianni Wilson

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=519434

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Jim_Boi

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    He isn't my favorite DM but I would take him since he has experience in the CL.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
    Don't really see the point, bringing him to Torino (30 years, an 8m€ price tag, no way HoSay)...Better choice is Luca Cigarini, exchange with Almiron...

Sep 26, 2007
    There's a reason Albelda's been axed, you know.
    He was axed for his attitude toward Valencia not his actual skill. His performance has been bad due to his negative attitude. Albelda still has got it.

Well not that this transfer is even realistic, I find it hard to beleive that Albelda would leave Valencia considering he came through the youth system and planned to retire with Valencia. I guess who knows. He is just a symbol of the club.

Kosta

The Eccentric
    Jul 16, 2006
    After Valencia exit from CL, it was just a matter of days, some journalist with spare time to invent new rumor about one of their players coming to Juve.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Angulo and Vicente have been given the axe too,no?Angulo could be handy as a RB,a position that he can play.His versatility and work rate could be assets for us.Vicente could be great on the wings,only he's made of glass.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I knew this rumour will come when I red that Albelda is axed. Still I hope that this is another rumour which will not happen.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    Koeman just said Nikola Zigic, Manuel Fernandes and Vicente are also not going to be a part of his plan. Well, we were after Zigic a while ago, and Vicente could be useful...I'm sure we can get them for a reasonable price.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Albelda has a year or two left in him at most, he was a very good DM a couple of seasons back, but from the few Valencia games i watched this season, he's been below par, and at best nothing better than solid.

Angulo and Vicente have been given the axe too,no?Angulo could be handy as a RB,a position that he can play.His versatility and work rate could be assets for us.Vicente could be great on the wings,only he's made of glass.
    Angulo can play RB??are you sure mate? i've never seen him play there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)