Datasport Top 20 Players (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Why do they insist on giving players such a low rank anyway. OK don't go over the moon with 9's & 10's but please reward a players hard work. What's the use of 8,9 & 10 if no player will touch that zone?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
Why do they insist on giving players such a low rank anyway. OK don't go over the moon with 9's & 10's but please reward a players hard work. What's the use of 8,9 & 10 if no player will touch that zone?
8,9,10 are reserved for the winners when they publish the year-long's at the end of the season. That way, they make it look like they are always right about who is playing the best.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
The markings are relative, so whether player get seven, eight, or nine, it doesn't matter too much to me.:).
Beside, I think Italian journalist are too "harsh" and "perfectionist".

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
That's exactly how it works, 4 is the bottom limit, 8 is the absolute top. I've seen Zidane get a 10 twice but that is so rare you see it a handful of times a season if at all.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

That's exactly how it works, 4 is the bottom limit, 8 is the absolute top. I've seen Zidane get a 10 twice but that is so rare you see it a handful of times a season if at all.
either that or the hournalist is a real fan;)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
8,9,10 are reserved for the winners when they publish the year-long's at the end of the season. That way, they make it look like they are always right about who is playing the best.
I thought they would use the averages to award the players at the end of the season. :confused:

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Not very helpful. We need realistic ratings.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
What on earth are you guys talking about?

Are you complaining that we haven't got anyone with an AVERAGE rating above 7? When there's not a single player in the league with such a rating?

And what's with the talk about the ratings being sort of a hoax at seasons end?

Datasport will give it's awards to the average leaders of their various categories. They always do.

The top 20 is only based on Datasport's own votes; just like Gazzetta Dello Sport have their rankings that are quite far from looking like Datasport's by the way, yet of course with many of the same players in the top zone.

The perhaps less suspect rankings are to be found at Datasport.it though, under 'Pagelle' where all the major papers ratings are used to make the average- not just their own. When you look at the ratings at the site teamwise however- they do use their own.

But maybe I missed some punchlines here and you all knew this in advance :). I just don't understand the conversation in this tread :D .

Ciao.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Gazzetta's top ratings so far:

Totti Roma CEN 6.65

Nedved Juventus CEN 6.64

Maldini Milan DIF 6.64

Mutu Parma ATT 6.61

Del Piero Juventus ATT 6.53

Lopez Lazio ATT 6.52

Stankovic Lazio CEN 6.5

Vieri Inter ATT 6.47

Appiah Brescia CEN 6.45

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
But maybe I missed some punchlines here and you all knew this in advance :). I just don't understand the conversation in this tread :D .

Ciao.
Well, my ascertion about the conspiracy was mostly conjecture and conspiracy theory humour for those who are wise to it.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Gazzetta's top ratings so far:

Totti Roma CEN 6.65

Nedved Juventus CEN 6.64

Maldini Milan DIF 6.64

Mutu Parma ATT 6.61

Del Piero Juventus ATT 6.53

Lopez Lazio ATT 6.52

Stankovic Lazio CEN 6.5

Vieri Inter ATT 6.47

Appiah Brescia CEN 6.45
Totti is better than Neddy?????:shocked: Where did they put their eyes?:confused:

Btw, I like your avatar!:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)