Data Usage Per Month (2 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So i've been handed a ban from my isp for not in keeping with their Acceptable Use Policy. I was pushing 1TB of data per month on a 4mb adsl line. I know it's slow for the rest of the world.:D

How much are you doing a month on average? Just trying to get some understanding of other isp offerings before i move onto another isp.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I don't think I've concerned myself with data usage since the very early 2000s. Guess that's still a thing in the rest of the world?

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    I don't think I've concerned myself with data usage since the very early 2000s. Guess that's still a thing in the rest of the world?
    You're probably for a Scandinavian country right? Fucking hate you guys.

Some of us still rely on carrier pigeons.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
    Yeah, aryan masterrace internet right hurr. Actually, I might look into my own usage somehow just out of pure interest.

1 TB sounds like a lot though?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    So i've been handed a ban from my isp for not in keeping with their Acceptable Use Policy. I was pushing 1TB of data per month on a 4mb adsl line. I know it's slow for the rest of the world.:D

How much are you doing a month on average? Just trying to get some understanding of other isp offerings before i move onto another isp.
    So that is why you disappeared :D
    No cap here 100mbps. :D

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Yeah, aryan masterrace internet right hurr. Actually, I might look into my own usage somehow just out of pure interest.

1 TB sounds like a lot though?
    We do have 4G/LTE networks up & running but it's unstable for the moment, besides im not prepared to cough up their asking fees for super speeds. Out of curiosity , what line speed are you on & whats the highest available?

1TB is a lot but i know of some IT guys at corporate companies that take home over 3TB of data a month from company servers.:D

So that is why you disappeared :D
    No cap here 100mbps. :D
    Nah, the forum blows tbh. Screw you, damn all the popcorn i could get with that speed.:D

- - - Updated - - -

My friend is working for an outsource firm in Japan. Arsehole is working on 1Gbps at home.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
    I'm on some thingmajig that's basically owned by the users. It started years and years back in 2003 with one or two blocks setting up own servers, connecting with fibre, etc. and eventually setting up dark fibre or whatever it is. It's up to close to 20.000 users in the area now and it being non-profit means I pay like €9/month for a 50/50 line. No data limits, obviously. Been like that since around 2004ish I think. Except it was around €8/month back then :)

Power to the people, yo.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    We do have 4G/LTE networks up & running but it's unstable for the moment, besides im not prepared to cough up their asking fees for super speeds. Out of curiosity , what line speed are you on & whats the highest available?

1TB is a lot but i know of some IT guys at corporate companies that take home over 3TB of data a month from company servers.:D

Nah, the forum blows tbh. Screw you, damn all the popcorn i could get with that speed.:D

- - - Updated - - -

My friend is working for an outsource firm in Japan. Arsehole is working on 1Gbps at home.
    Don't say you got married? :D
    I think it's possible to get 1Gbps here. I thought SA had better internet speeds than that.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    As i said, i hate you Scandinavians. You using torrents, nzbs or direct site?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I'm on some thingmajig that's basically owned by the users. It started years and years back in 2003 with one or two blocks setting up own servers, connecting with fibre, etc. and eventually setting up dark fibre or whatever it is. It's up to close to 20.000 users in the area now and it being non-profit means I pay like €9/month for a 50/50 line. No data limits, obviously. Been like that since around 2004ish I think. Except it was around €8/month back then :)

Power to the people, yo.
    That's really cool :tup:

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    Don't say you got married? :D
    I think it's possible to get 1Gbps here. I thought SA had better internet speeds than that.
    Me married, pls.:D

Son of a biscuit. We do, it's just the isp's are greedy & ask way too much for good speed. Thing is most of the big companies are state owned, so its monopolised, run poorly & state funds are unaccounted for along with being abused of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't download much these days but when I do I use torrents and a closed tracker.
    Which one you using?

Using Peer Block?

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
    I use IPtorrents. It's a pretty decent invite only tracker but I'm not really an expert on what's the best out there anymore. And I use another private one called acrossthetasman.something for rugby and cricket.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    Ali im looking at upgrading my rig.

i7 920 2.6ghz
    120 SSD (OSD)
    12G RAM DDR3
    HD Radeon 6950

Any suggestions? One of my friends is selling a i7 - 3770k, it's awfully tempting.

- - - Updated - - -

I use IPtorrents. It's a pretty decent invite only tracker but I'm not really an expert on what's the best out there anymore. And I use another private one called acrossthetasman.something for rugby and cricket.
    Thanks.

Where's Vlatko when you need him.:tdown:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Me married, pls.:D

Son of a biscuit. We do, it's just the isp's are greedy & ask way too much for good speed. Thing is most of the big companies are state owned, so its monopolised, run poorly & state funds are unaccounted for along with being abused of course.
    I know exactly what you are talking about.
    - - - Updated - - -

Which one you using?

Using Peer Block?
    BitTorrent. Don't download much nowadays.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Ali im looking at upgrading my rig.

i7 920 2.6ghz
    120 SSD (OSD)
    12G RAM DDR3
    HD Radeon 6950

Any suggestions? One of my friends is selling a i7 - 3770k, it's awfully tempting.
    You will not notice a huge difference on performance between the 920 & 3770k. You might save on electricity bills with 3770k so go for either. Both will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate BitTorrent, whenever i tried my minimize upload speeds, it would decrease my download speeds. Anyway torrents are in the past for me.
    What do you use?

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    You will not notice a huge difference on performance between the 920 & 3770k. You might save on electricity bills with 3770k so go for either. Both will do.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you use?
    I see. What about the graphics card though?

When i was using torrents, uTorrent was much, much better. I use a direct download site now, €20 for the year, unlimited download with awesome direct site speeds. Plus everything is in HD.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I see. What about the graphics card though?

When i was using torrents, uTorrent was much, much better. I use a direct download site now, €20 for the year, unlimited download with awesome direct site speeds. Plus everything is in HD.
    Direct download sounds great but with thousands of peers BitTorrent has served me well. What are you planning to do with the rig? That is a decent almost budget card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)