Capitano Danilo (5 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
He made one of the best crosses I've ever seen in the same game for a Ronaldo goal.

Just because a player has some problems with his game doesn't mean you give up on him.

It took the likes of Barca's Alba - who is very similar to Cancelo - years to become better in defence, and Barca waited because he was so good in attack.

1 good cross doesn't make up the shit he has caused in those 6 clubs or whatever is the amount he has played for in the past 4-5 seasons.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If I was a Juve coach I would bitchslap him.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk
You wouldn't want to do that. Danilo probably knows a few bad people down in the Favelas. He'd likely end up having you raped by a few trannies, before the drug lords over there force you to OD on a potent cocktail of crack, meth, and cocaine.

- - - Updated - - -

@Bianconero81 did you like Danilo’s performance last night?
I have very low expectations, so when he does perform adequately, I am relieved, more than anything, to be honest.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nothing new, but we had to sell to balance the books and there were personal issues with cancelo, including disruption in the camp. City were the only club to make a serious offer. It wasn't ideal but the move was a necessity.

Tbh Cancelo hasn't exactly set the world alight at city either, tbh Cuadrado for the large parts has been fairly solid this season, defensively more reliable than cancelo imo, in hindsight City were the ones who got rekt

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
He hasn't performed awful. He's had a few good matches, a few bad matches and some averages matches. We knew what we were getting.

Cancelo has basically disappeared at City and when he has played has been AWFUL.

Danilo offers something and can improve from where he's at but I don't think he's some trash blackhole when he plays. He isn't MDS.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
For a guy who is supposed to be able to play left back he sure has some work to do there.

Danilo is a squad player, just one we put down with a valuation of €37m.
Why do you say he had a valuation of 37 mil.?
At value did we sell cancelo to city?

The Premier League title holders will send €28 million (£25.8/$31.4m) and the Brazilian defender to Juve for Cancelo

So basically cancelo was what 65 lol.
Cancelo never did anything to be considered a player over 40 mil. the price we bought him, let alone 65
Maybe 50 mil., but that would put Danilo at 22 mil.
At 40 mil., cancelo value, Danilo is worth 12.
Don't get me started on his attitude problems.
Both bench players in their respective teams.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

The Premier League title holders will send €28 million (£25.8/$31.4m) and the Brazilian defender to Juve for Cancelo

Cancelo never did anything to be considered a player over 40 mil. the price we bought him, let alone 65
Obviously it was for accounting reasons, but his book value was €37m.

What I'm saying is that perhaps people expect more from Danilo than he can give. He was a squad player at City and it's the same for Juve. He lacks being good at one particular thing to be seen as better, he's just decent at most things.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Don't get me started on his attitude problems.
with these swaps, it's always separate sales in the contracts between the clubs, and cash flow is adjusted as necessary. that's the point of these inflated deals. i have no idea why other clubs won't do this more often. now we have a complete history with spina-pellegrini, pjanic-arthur and cancelo-danilo. it's basically a cheap and effective lifeline in case you have ffp issues.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Obviously it was for accounting reasons, but his book value was €37m.

What I'm saying is that perhaps people expect more from Danilo than he can give. He was a squad player at City and it's the same for Juve. He lacks being good at one particular thing to be seen as better, he's just decent at most things.
Yeah, but people plays the 37 mil. card to much on him.
He is just a squad player, like cancelo. He is here to be a backup, not some kind of wc full back.
I see this a lot. Fans of teams tend to overvalue their players a lot.
We wanted the 28 mil. and that's that. We can probably assume that nobody was willing to pay more upfront for cancelo, because I doubt that if a club came to Juve and offered more than 40 mil. for him Juve would have said no and wanted to pay for Danilo.

- - - Updated - - -

with these swaps, it's always separate sales in the contracts between the clubs, and cash flow is adjusted as necessary. that's the point of these inflated deals. i have no idea why other clubs won't do this more often. now we have a complete history with spina-pellegrini, pjanic-arthur and cancelo-danilo. it's basically a cheap and effective lifeline in case you have ffp issues.
That's what I've said. At 40 mil. cancelo value, Danilo is worth 12.
Inflated prices for backup players for accounting purposes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)