Daniele Rugani (65 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
taking into account gross wages, he's the 6th best paid CB in the league. he's good enough to be a backup at Juve, but we're definitely not lucky to pay him that salary to be our 4th/5th CB.
not his fault that he still has a tici contract. his extension will only happen because it will include a wage reduction. acceptable squad player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
The only player who learned from BBC and he has imepoved over the last 2 years. If the rumored extension salary is true (2m) i am okay with him staying. Reliable Serie A player who never complains for being on the bench.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The only player who learned from BBC and he has imepoved over the last 2 years. If the rumored extension salary is true (2m) i am okay with him staying. Reliable Serie A player who never complains for being on the bench.
It's difficult to find good 5th choice defenders who will stay for multiple seasons. And it's no surprise if they come in after 15 rounds and make a mistake, players need continuity. He might end up like fricking Barzagli for all we know if he played every game.

But seriously, the thing that really has counted against him his whole career is his timidity and lack of personality. That's probably why he's still here and in the role he is rather than being a leading defender for a good side.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
A couple of thoughts about Rugani:

- The last 8 games he has started, we have only recieve 1 goal with him on the field.

- In the last 2 seasons I bet you can remember mistakes that lead to a goal against us from Bremer, Danilo, Gatti and Alex Sandro… but probably you can’t remember one from Rugani.

I’m not saying he should be a starting player but like Jay said, I can’t think of a 5th defender who is more reliable than Rugani in Italy and probably in Europe at the moment.

And here’s something to be controversial… with the current form in Italy’s NT, Rugani could play for Italy NT.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004

- The last 8 games he has started, we have only recieve 1 goal with him on the field.

- In the last 2 seasons I bet you can remember mistakes that lead to a goal against us from Bremer, Danilo, Gatti and Alex Sandro… but probably you can’t remember one from Rugani.

I’m not saying he should be a starting player but like Jay said, I can’t think of a 5th defender who is more reliable than Rugani in Italy and probably in Europe at the moment.

And here’s something to be controversial… with the current form in Italy’s NT, Rugani could play for Italy NT.
Can't make mistakes if you never play

giphy.gif

Jun 16, 2020

Besides his salary I never really had any problems with Rugani. He’s a decent defender, good enough to play against every team in the Serie A. If he felt more responsible he could’ve achieved more than being the 5th or 6th choice.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
TBF Hellas did jerk all. Only issue was how to get the long balls from the massive bean stalk.
I guess maybe it’s just that we’ve reached a boiling point where simply having a defender doing his job and not handing out cheap gifts to the opponents is already worth some considerable praise. :lol:

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
People remind his mistake vs villareal , but in this game until that mistske he was playing like prime canavaro , and how many mistakes did bonnuci made ,and other defenders no one was put down do much as him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)