Daniele Rugani (8 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I wonder if we are asking for specifically 18m just to offset the Higuain minusvalenza.
higuain minusvalenza is already considered for the previous financial year. for that season, we can't counter it with any sales - and honestly, who cares, ffp is suspended for that year anyway.

if we sell rugani, this is pure plusvalenza for this season.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
higuain minusvalenza is already considered for the previous financial year. for that season, we can't counter it with any sales - and honestly, who cares, ffp is suspended for that year anyway.

if we sell rugani, this is pure plusvalenza for this season.
FFP was relaxed this summer and as far as I understand -correct me if I am wrong as usual please- by the current financial year (End of June 2021) and the previous one (June 2020) will be treated as one financial year, so even if Higuaín’s loss is already burdened on the previous financial year we should aim for some plusvalenza before July 2021.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
FFP was relaxed this summer and as far as I understand -correct me if I am wrong as usual please- by the current financial year (End of June 2021) and the previous one (June 2020) will be treated as one financial year, so even if Higuaín’s loss is already burdened on the previous financial year we should aim for some plusvalenza before July 2021.
ah, so you meant ffp originally. you're not wrong at all, uefa said that the two years will be aggregated, and assessed together as one single period, and they even added that "specific covid adjustments" will be allowed, whatever it means. i read some explanations stating that if clubs manage to prove that their inevitable loss is due to the pandemic, not financial mismanagement, then there won't be any sanctions. our loss for 2019/20 is mainly due to the special situation, and it will be the case for 2020 too. i expect no ffp sanctions, it would be retarded from uefa, because basically all clubs are very heavily affected.

as for the need for plusvalenza, that's given with juventus. it drove our (financial) success until marotta left, and we should keep doing it to balance the books, regardless of the actual ffp rules. we'd need much more than the potential 18m for rugani. we'll be likely to sell some important players before next july.

Jun 16, 2020
ah, so you meant ffp originally. you're not wrong at all, uefa said that the two years will be aggregated, and assessed together as one single period, and they even added that "specific covid adjustments" will be allowed, whatever it means. i read some explanations stating that if clubs manage to prove that their inevitable loss is due to the pandemic, not financial mismanagement, then there won't be any sanctions. our loss for 2019/20 is mainly due to the special situation, and it will be the case for 2020 too. i expect no ffp sanctions, it would be retarded from uefa, because basically all clubs are very heavily affected.

as for the need for plusvalenza, that's given with juventus. it drove our (financial) success until marotta left, and we should keep doing it to balance the books, regardless of the actual ffp rules. we'd need much more than the potential 18m for rugani. we'll be likely to sell some important players before next july.
Important players like who?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
New'astle are getting beaten by Newport County at the moment, they are definitely going to knee-jerk a signing or two even before this. £18m should do it for this prime Italy international.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
:boh: we don't have too many marketable players to pick from, do we.

who would you sell if you wanted plusvalenza? tici probably has the same ideas.
I can already draw a realistic scenario:
Next Summer Real goes balls deep for Mbappe who will be on a very short contract. PSG will replace him with Dybala who will be on a very short contract too. Tici will be happy to fix the books with a 'nice' plusvalenza, especially if there's no renewal by then :baus:

Jun 16, 2020
:boh: we don't have too many marketable players to pick from, do we.

who would you sell if you wanted plusvalenza? tici probably has the same ideas.
Our finances can go in many directions as you know. Selling was almost impossible for us, but if Perin, Pjaca etc actually play and have a good year we might have some more luck next summer. New tv deal, few new sponsors this month, and who knows what’s in the making. And the virus is still around of course.

We should figure out what the difference in gross wages are compared to last year when the mercato is closed btw.

Things can go in many ways, but i feel relaxed now we have more young players. If we sign Chiesa I’d sell/release players like Chiellini, Costa, Cuadrado, all of them are getting old and/or very injury prone, so replacing them doesn’t necessarily have to be a new 50m player, but we’ll save a lot of gross wages if we put a youngster in their position (U23 like Frabotta now, or deals similar like McKennie’s). I’d pick the expensive players who don’t play a big role in the starting 11 (assuming we sign Chiesa and Chiellini gets injured again like last 2 season). Lowering operating costs instead of sacrificing a big fish. Not sure if possible, but this is my first idea that comes in mind, as I want us to avoid selling players like Demiral and Dybala.

Wouldnt suprise me if this is Chiellini’s last year btw. The same for Buffon.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Unlike with other players, we've a smidgen of leverage with him. Because him staying till January won't be the end of the world bc of deLight injury.

Sell him for decent fee now or try again in January. No loan this mercato.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)