Daniele Rugani (16 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Football players are allready at a "athlete level" of fat%. They train for general speed, resistance and stamina. But also strenght to win duels, agility for technique and turning, etc.

At top, european level, players are perfectly conditionned as they are. Yeah, beeing Christiano Ronaldo levels of dedicated will allow you to make even more improvement, but its alot down to how your natural body works.

You cant just get as freakingly fast as cuadrado, AND have insane distance covered with your exceptional stamina, AND still be quite strong to shrug off duels. Thats simply because he's more naturally gifted.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
it was one of thge toughest games of his carrier, he will learn from it, this is what will make him better.
No individual error frtom his part has led to a goal and dont forget that defence needs more time for bonding.
Change from a 3 man defence to a 4 man defence and change more than 50% of the composition would have its toll even with experienced defenders.
We have given far more chances to much weaker defenders, he will be a starter 2 years from now

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
it was one of thge toughest games of his carrier, he will learn from it, this is what will make him better.
No individual error frtom his part has led to a goal and dont forget that defence needs more time for bonding.
Change from a 3 man defence to a 4 man defence and change more than 50% of the composition would have its toll even with experienced defenders.
We have given far more chances to much weaker defenders, he will be a starter 2 years from now
you mean other than getting totally burned and bringing Perisic in the box?

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
I don't even think he was our worst performer.

Remember how Totti owned Criscito? Rugani was nowhere near that bad.

I think the kid has talent and lots of it, he's got three of the world's best centrebacks playing with him and he's very, very young and used to playing regulary. Give him time.

On the positive note, even if it was off yesterday, I think the kid's got good passing skills. Definitely better than Chiellini (not that hard tbh) and possibly Barzagli too.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Our Italian fans really are morons, aren't they?
Dude anyone who watched him realised he was SO afraid to make a mistake and he made 2 which lead us to conceding.
I've watched him and Romagnoli and the latter looks much better and with the right attitude when playing.
Anyway He should be Barzagli replacement but look at how many games he played. Allegri even when it was logical for him to be a starter had alway chosen someonelse.
Sorry once he'll start delivering i'll change my idea so far i can't make to him any compliment.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Isn't he just another italian brought in for nationalistic purposes?

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
When you play for Juventus 1. the pressure is higher 2. "weak" teams step up against us 3. competition overall is way better.

As a young defender for Juve, he faces good players who will expose his weaknesses. It's up to him and Allegri/staff to work on those. Against Inter f.ex, his pace and passing got brutally exposed (even though the pitch was soaking wet). He's not going to get faster with age, so he has to work on his positioning to make up for the lack of pace. You can't write him off after the Inter game, even Barzagli got fooled a couple of times.

But god damn I miss Caceres.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If attitude and temperament is the issue then Rugani is at the perfect place to grow, he can make mistakes and not have to think about it for too long because we did still be winning. That's something many other young Italian players at Roma, Inter or Fiorentina don't get. Playing with continuity could be an issue but I like to giving a winning mentality the edge over playing more games. I hope he stays here for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)