Daniele Rugani (15 Viewers)

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Daniele Rugani assured he feels “ready” to star in the Juventus defence after a perfect debut Serie A season at Empoli.

The 20-year-old is the only man to have played every single minute of the 2014-15 campaign and, remarkably for a centre-back, did so without receiving a yellow card.

“It’s an honour that some people are comparing me to Gaetano Scirea, not just as a player, but as a person. It’s frankly too much right now, though.

“I got three yellow cards in 40 Serie B games, but I only really deserved one,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I am not an instinctive player, so always try to think carefully before I make an intervention. I also never protest to the referee. After all, I’ve never seen one change his mind after blowing the whistle.”

Rugani was also strongly wanted by Napoli and Arsenal, but seems set to stay at Juventus.

“I feel ready for Juventus, then of course they will be the ones to decide. The locker room will certainly be different to Empoli, but I am not afraid. I’m curious and hungry to see if I’m up to the level of those champions.

“Perhaps I should learn to be more instinctive rather than think everything over. I ought to care less, in a certain sense. You can tell a champion when he gets a game wrong and reacts by focusing on the next task. I can’t do that, as I take days to get over a disappointment.

“I’m very careful when it comes to my diet and never break away from that, even when I’m out to dinner. At Empoli we were a very united group, so one night a week we’d all go out for a meal. I like to do the cooking at home, as it’s relaxing.

“I eat white meat or fish, but rarely pasta in the evening, as I prefer soups with rice. I have a little machine to turn vegetables into juice. I’ve got a good selection of items in my kitchen.

“I also do extra stretching exercises before and after training, then work to improve my weak left foot by kicking the ball against the wall or going round obstacles.

“At Empoli I asked for advice from the Coach, physiotherapist and medic, then worked that into my own routine.”

http://www.football-italia.net/68700/rugani-im-ready-juve

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
“I am not an instinctive player, so always try to think carefully before I make an intervention. I also never protest to the referee. After all, I’ve never seen one change his mind after blowing the whistle.”

“I’m very careful when it comes to my diet and never break away from that, even when I’m out to dinner.

“I also do extra stretching exercises before and after training, then work to improve my weak left foot by kicking the ball against the wall or going round obstacles.
20 years old ladies and gentlemen. Family guy, knows that there's still a long road ahead of him and will do everything to make use of his talent.

Legend in the making.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)