Daniele Rugani (15 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cazorla is great dude, would instantly be our AM, him or Özil, we have no AM to speak of really to compete with their starting ones.
Cazorla is NOT better than any 4 of our starting midfielders. even Pereyra and now Khedira. Ozil maybe, if he can recover his old form

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cazorla is NOT better than any 4 of our starting midfielders. even Pereyra and now Khedira. Ozil maybe, if he can recover his old form
This is the weirdest post you made in ages. Cazorla is a fantastic attacking midfielder, and he is even excelling in a new CM role this season. Khedira is a oaf DM who would never ever bench him in our midfield that needs creativity and attacking quality first and foremost, and Pereyra pretty much lacks all the qualities Cazorla has, besides being faster.

Cazorla was outperforming Özil for a long while btw.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Özil
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2006–2008 Schalke 04 30 (0)
2008–2010 Werder Bremen 71 (13)
2010–2013 Real Madrid 105 (19)
2013– Arsenal 42 (9)

Santi

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2003–2004 Villarreal B 40 (4)
2003–2006 Villarreal 54 (2)
2006–2007 Recreativo 34 (7)
2007–2011 Villarreal 127 (23)
2011–2012 Málaga 38 (9)
2012– Arsenal 106 (23)

- - - Updated - - -

Internationally Özil is Paramount

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is the weirdest post you made in ages. Cazorla is a fantastic attacking midfielder, and he is even excelling in a new CM role this season. Khedira is a oaf DM who would never ever bench him in our midfield that needs creativity and attacking quality first and foremost, and Pereyra pretty much lacks all the qualities Cazorla has, besides being faster.

Cazorla was outperforming Özil for a long while btw.
thats why i said if Ozil can return to top form. and ofcourse Cazorla wouldnt start in our midfield. this season we had Pirlo-Marchisio-Pogba-Vidal, all better than Santi.Khedira was starting for Madrid for 3-4 years before getting injured, and for the German NT. i would never take Cazorla before him, lack of creativity or not. i may have exaggerated a bit with Pereyra, but the guy is still young, at the beginning of his career here. he will improve a lot in the coming years, wouldnt take Cazorla over him simply due to potential and age...

- - - Updated - - -

Özil
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2006–2008 Schalke 04 30 (0)
2008–2010 Werder Bremen 71 (13)
2010–2013 Real Madrid 105 (19)
2013– Arsenal 42 (9)

Santi

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2003–2004 Villarreal B 40 (4)
2003–2006 Villarreal 54 (2)
2006–2007 Recreativo 34 (7)
2007–2011 Villarreal 127 (23)
2011–2012 Málaga 38 (9)
2012– Arsenal 106 (23)

- - - Updated - - -

ou cant judge midfielders on goals simply. what about assists? key passes? Ozil was one of the best, if not the best assister in the world during his time in Madrid. how about we compare them in that

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pirlo has been a pedestrian who is passing around and going through the motions for most of the season besides the occasional freekick goal and little genius moments to remind of us what he used to do regurarly. Its absolutely insane to watch both players this season and not realize the one who is contributing much more to his team. Cazorla is one of the best midfielders in EPL this season, very good midfielder, his transistion from full AM/winger to hardworking deep CM has been very impressive despite not getting the highlight reel goals anymore, excellent teamplayer. And Khedira is a box to box DM runner who covers ground, and has not been at his best for a long while due to long injury absences. But even at his best, we DEFENITELY would need Cazorla's creative and skill qualities as AM over another hustle and bustle player to a midfield that already has tons of steel and grit with Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba, how the heck is that needed, more then someone who does this regurarly?

Just because Khedira is our player now and Cazorla isnt doesnt mean you have to leave reason to the side, we need Cazorla's type and level of quality ALOT more then we need Khedira, despite being a decent experienced squad signing.

- - - Updated - - -

Özil
YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†
2006–2008Schalke 0430(0)
2008–2010Werder Bremen71(13)
2010–2013Real Madrid105(19)
2013–Arsenal42(9)

Santi

YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†
2003–2004Villarreal B40(4)
2003–2006Villarreal54(2)
2006–2007Recreativo34(7)
2007–2011Villarreal127(23)
2011–2012Málaga38(9)
2012–Arsenal106(23)

- - - Updated - - -

Try watching them instead of stats, especially before Özil's injury, Cazorla was the man for Arsenal and Özil was nowhere to be seen.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
thats why i said if Ozil can return to top form. and ofcourse Cazorla wouldnt start in our midfield. this season we had Pirlo-Marchisio-Pogba-Vidal, all better than Santi.Khedira was starting for Madrid for 3-4 years before getting injured, and for the German NT. i would never take Cazorla before him, lack of creativity or not. i may have exaggerated a bit with Pereyra, but the guy is still young, at the beginning of his career here. he will improve a lot in the coming years, wouldnt take Cazorla over him simply due to potential and age...

- - - Updated - - -

ou cant judge midfielders on goals simply. what about assists? key passes? Ozil was one of the best, if not the best assister in the world during his time in Madrid. how about we compare them in that
This post is just as bad as the ramsey > vidal posts in Arsenal mania.

Khedira over santi? Not in a million years.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
This post is just as bad as the ramsey > vidal posts in Arsenal mania.

Khedira over santi? Not in a million years.
Classic case of overrating due to 'we signed a player, I must hail him as the next best thing since sliced bread'. That said, would Santi have been a first eleven player for us last season though? I don't think he'd have. He'd probably start as an AM this season, if Pirlo leaves.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
lmao @ Khedira > Cazorla. Santi would walk in to our starting lineup no questions asked. Fantastic player on the back of an excellent season.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
lmao @ Khedira > Cazorla. Santi would walk in to our starting lineup no questions asked. Fantastic player on the back of an excellent season.
Ofc. Cazorla has been the best player in Arsenal this season. One of the profiles of the PL indeed. Cazorla > Silva
Too bad his age is against him. He would improve our team as well. World class AM.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
icemaη;4976718 said:
Classic case of overrating due to 'we signed a player, I must hail him as the next best thing since sliced bread'. That said, would Santi have been a first eleven player for us last season though? I don't think he'd have. He'd probably start as an AM this season, if Pirlo leaves.
Cazorla played as a cm this season and he was one of the best players in the league this season. He wont push out vidal or pogba in that position though, but that is more of a testament to the latter two's quality than any shortcoming on cazorlas behalf. Still i would imagine with pirlos age that santi would probably start as an AM for juve with Marchisio taking Pirlos position.

Santi is a really good player, underrated because he doesn't get into Spains starting lineup imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
icemaη;4976718 said:
We spent half the season pining for someone like Pereyra to start because Pirlo was that unimpressive. IMO it would have taken Cazorla like a month or so of great performances to displace Pirlo. Make us play Marchisio DM and Cazorla as only real quality AM.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Cazorla would start primarily because he's exactly the type of player we're lacking, even though he's behind Vidal, Pogba, and probably Marchisio in general.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Cazorla would start primarily because he's exactly the type of player we're lacking, even though he's behind Vidal, Pogba, and probably Marchisio in general.
As a CM, he's behind those guys obviously.

However as a player, I'd argue that he's a better player than Marchisio, even though I'd concede that it's arguable. But, for me, I wouldn't trade Santi for Marchisio. Obviously drawing a comparison between the two is difficult because they are different kinds of players.

Vidal is world class and one of the best in his position, so again even though they are different players, one could comfortably say that Vidal is a better player for sure. The same goes for Pogba, who has the potential to be one of the best players in the world, so he too IMO, at least in terms of ability is a few levels above Santi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)