Daniele Rugani (23 Viewers)

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
:tup:

:tup:

We need to have patience with him. We all know he is talented.

remember guys... if Bonucci , who was the epitome of a reject, made it.....everyone can.

And Rugani is learning from the very bests in Italy. In a couple of years, with more experience...Rgani will be stellar.
ranocchia can :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Thought he was the best defender on the field for the second game in a row.
well said.
he played better than bonucci and barzagli today.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He really was thebest in defence today. It must be said that he really improved after that horrible night at San Siro. He still has a long way to go, but after some really bad matches he is really solid. Today he was also not afraid to make some harder passes and it seems that he is quite good with the ball. He is also won almost every header.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
his positioning is great, no doubt.

but since i saw what a mediocre player like perisic did to him, i'm not that confident
with him in the starting lineup, especially against big teams...

not sure if throwing him in against bayern would have been a good idea.

Mar 9, 2006
his positioning is great, no doubt.

but since i saw what a mediocre player like perisic did to him, i'm not that confident
with him in the starting lineup, especially against big teams...

not sure if throwing him in against bayern would have been a good idea.
Because he was played out of position, he natural position is lcb, while for only allegri knows reason he was used as rcb against inter, since he moved him back to lcb in et everything became normal against inter

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Conte :heart:

Congrats to the boy. That call-up will only motivate him further. It's also refreshing seeing Milan retards going nuts on "Why Rugani, not Romagnoli?" :D

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://www.football-italia.net/81888/allegri-right-about-rugani

Allegri right about Rugani

From the start, Massimiliano Allegri’s mantra was one of patience. He knew what he had at his disposal. In Daniele Rugani, Juventus possess one of Italy’s brightest talents. The Coach didn’t want a case of too much, too soon.

“Daniele has a bright future ahead of him,” Allegri said last November, “but Juventus have three or four of the best centre-backs in Europe. It’s beyond doubt he is the future of Juventus. Right now he needs patience and to continue training.”

Even by February the tactician was echoing that thought process. He also added “Rugani must not be pressured. The same people who want him on the pitch now will crucify him as soon as he makes a mistake.”

It’s a similar sentiment Allegri expressed at the start of the season regarding Paulo Dybala. He wanted La Joya left to his own devices, to grow naturally. That approach worked and now at the business end of the season the Argentine is one of Juve’s best performing, and most important, players.

It has been a funny old campaign for Rugani. He went from playing every minute at Empoli last season – without picking up a yellow card – to only fleeting game-time in Turin. He played just 124 minutes of competitive football before Christmas, making his Juventus debut against Sevilla in September, but not featuring again until a Coppa Italia Turin Derby in December.

But there has been a method to Allegri’s perceived madness. He even said it himself – ahead of Rugani in the pecking order are three of Europe’s best central defenders. It’s not a combination the boss wants to mess with. Rugani has learnt from the trio on a daily basis.

That wasn’t enough for his agent, Davide Torchia, who blasted the Bianconeri approach. But Allegri always had a plan. And Rugani knew what lay ahead. “I have a great opportunity here but I won’t be taking anything for granted,” he stated in pre-season. “I’ve only just started at Juventus and I knew that it wouldn’t be easy. However, I must be ready when called upon.” With injury and suspension has come opportunity.

By Sunday’s Derby della Mole, Rugani’s continual development was clear to see. It was a mature performance defying his 21 years. His four interceptions – level with Mario Lemina – and five clearances – shaded only by Andrea Barzagli – highlight Rugani’s penchant for reading the game and anticipating his opponent.

Whether it was halting a counter, throwing himself at the ball or clearing off the line, Rugani stuck to his task excellently and never look flustered. Used to a four man defence at Empoli, he has slotted into Juve’s back three and played either side of Leonardo Bonucci. Last Sunday it was on the left.

Since the turn of the year Rugani has slowly been further integrated. The Stadio Olimpico di Torino affair was his fifth start in 2016. It hasn’t always been smooth sailing. Rugani bore the brunt of criticism following the 3-0 Coppa Italia semi-final second leg defeat to Inter, where the Bianconeri advanced only on penalties. The youngster was roundly slated – what was it again that Allegri said? – but truth be told there were a number of teammates who performed just as poorly that evening.

For the most part in 13 season appearances the youngster has excelled – and is yet to be cautioned. He was rewarded with a call-up to Antonio Conte’s Italy as a replacement for injured Barzagli. After 15 Azzurrini caps it shows that the Lucca native is in the senior squad’s plans. A place at Euro 2016 is unlikely, but come the next era Rugani should be amongst the regulars.

Those who know him best offer high praise. Allegri has called Rugani and Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli “the Italian defenders of the future.” His former Empoli boss, Maurizio Sarri, said Rugani is the “best young player in Italy.”

Juventus have expressed their desire to see Rugani wear the shirt for a number of years to come. His contract, due to expire in 2019, has already had an extra year added to it. That shows the faith the Turin giants have in a defender who is growing into a fine talent. Rugani already looks good, so just wait until he is ready to be fully unleashed.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Chiellini: Rugani on track for 15-year Juventus career
The Juve stalwart backs his defensive team-mate to enjoy a lengthy career at the Italian giants after making a positive early impression since returning from Empoli

Juventus defender Daniele Rugani is good enough to thrive at the Serie A champions for the next decade and beyond, according to team-mate Giorigio Chiellini.

The 21-year-old has been in and out of Massimiliano Allegri's team since his return to the club from Empoli, who they meet in Serie A on Saturday.

Rugani has only started four league matches, but Juventus stalwart Chiellini has seen enough to be convinced he is destined for future success and urged his colleague not to get frustrated.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/ser...i-rugani-on-track-for-15-year-juventus-career

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its the wise thing to do for Rugani, he really should evaluate his situation and listen to allegri and the senior players instead of that stupid agent.

he still has so much to learn and is so young for a defender... taking in consideration that most seasoned defenders have their best years around 28-32 years old-

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If I was a budding defender and got to play with three of the best CBs in the world today who are half a generation older than me, you can't get a better academy for your professional development.

Look at Verane. You play alongside Pepe and Sergio "Ignor" Ramos and you start smelling of Napoli a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)