Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (86 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It is just there is a big difference between our valuation of Juventus. I would never consider a 33 years right back as sign of growing stature but a short term patch like Lucio who also sucked as expected.
Lucio was bought as 4th/5th cb. A backup.

Alves still remains the best RB in the game, and its quite a thing if he picks us as a different topteam to win at. Shows we get a rep that we are about winning, not an arsenal.

Disorder

May 20, 2004
Lucio was bought as 4th/5th cb. A backup.

Alves still remains the best RB in the game, and its quite a thing if he picks us as a different topteam to win at. Shows we get a rep that we are about winning, not an arsenal.
:agree: He could make more money staying at Barcelona, going to PSG or EPL. He's leaving Barcelona because he's looking for a new challenge and if he really join us it shows that he cares more about wining than a bigger paycheck.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:agree: He could make more money staying at Barcelona, going to PSG or EPL. He's leaving Barcelona because he's looking for a new challenge and if he really join us it shows that he cares more about wining than a bigger paycheck.
Is kind of weird his decition...since he is just coming from a team which has won everything, many times...
Also he could have asked for more money in any other team...

The only reason i can find, is that he really is challeging himself to see how far he can go in a team that is not carried by messi and friends.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Despite his cocky attitude, and his constant diving antics. There is no doubt that he's a top quality player and one of the best in his position, even at this age. He's a model professional in terms of keeping himself fit, his work rate on the field, etc. IMO there is no doubt that he provides an upgrade in quality, at least in the short term. In fact, I cannot think of a rightback that's better than him at the moment other than Lahm.

I also think it's a myth that he's not a good defender, very few fullbacks are good defenders in general, what is important is their positioning, so as not to ruin the offside trap, be able to maintain a high line, etc, and his one on one defending. He's decent at the former, and extremely good at the latter. Playing as a fullback in Barca's system is not always easy IMO. The fullbacks are required to play high up the pitch as they're the ones responsible for providing the width. At the same time, they're expected to help pressure the ball as soon as it's lost and to defend their flank.

The fact some are arguing that he might not be an upgrade over Licht absolutely baffles me.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He is absolutely an upgrade over Licht,. The advantage Licht has here is how well he understands the way the Juve back line is set up and has contributed to that understanding for half a decade. I agree though that Alves is the absolute extreme opposite of the Juve 'type' as we tend to stay away from the bad boys and punks, but his professionalism is going to make a difference to the cause, and hopefully his maturity will contribute to the dressing room in a positive light alongside the likes of Evra, Marchisio, Khedira, Chiellini, Bonnucci and Buffon.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He is absolutely an upgrade over Licht,. The advantage Licht has here is how well he understands the way the Juve back line is set up and has contributed to that understanding for half a decade. I agree though that Alves is the absolute extreme opposite of the Juve 'type' as we tend to stay away from the bad boys and punks, but his professionalism is going to make a difference to the cause, and hopefully his maturity will contribute to the dressing room in a positive light alongside the likes of Evra, Marchisio, Khedira, Chiellini, Bonnucci and Buffon.
It's Bonucci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)