Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (42 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Id say that Alves is replacing Caceres, Berardi will come in to replace Cuadrado. I dont think we will go into next season with Berardi, Mandzu, Dybala and Zaza as the only "strikers"
if we do we could forget trying to win the CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, those 4 are not exactly "mediocre", but i admit that Zaza and Berardi are ongoing projects and not exactly guarantees to aim for the cup.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Lol, why we can't win CL with Dybala-Mandzukic as our main duo?
Our biggest problem was imho that we often had at least couple of players who just can't do anything useful with the ball under pressure (like Licht) or at all (Chiello). You just can't give possessions easy in CL. I honestly believe that adding Alves and Gomes for 4312 we become a legit semifinal contender, add Mascherano to play alongside Marchi to cover all the midfield + Dani Alves when he's going forward (and he is still wc at it) and we have a really good shot on CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh.

I believe our forwards are capable to be honest. Our problem is that we lack offensive output as a whole...not all should be blamed on forwards.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
yeh.

I believe our forwards are capable to be honest. Our problem is that we lack offensive output as a whole...not all should be blamed on forwards.
well you could not call Licht an attacking RB before, but he regressed really hard in this department last year. When your RB/RWB just doesn't possess any attacking treat – it's really sad. And tbh, I'm a little disappointed with Khedira. He is a solid player, great against some Seria A mediocre teams, but he doesn't step up. There is no fight in him. And Sturaro has all the fight in the world, but still lacks skills.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well you could not call Licht an attacking RB before, but he regressed really hard in this department last year. When your RB/RWB just doesn't possess any attacking treat – it's really sad. And tbh, I'm a little disappointed with Khedira. He is a solid player, great against some Seria A mediocre teams, but he doesn't step up. There is no fight in him. And Sturaro has all the fight in the world, but still lacks skills.
Licht has been bad going forward. lets be honest, he offers nothing because he has no idea hwo to make things work. Great defender, great grinta, but as a winback he lacks.

We need someone who can consistently aid on the attack when we need to score goals, and Alves IMO is a great short term alternative.

About Khedira , he gets the job well done but i dont consider him a game changer either. he is capable but thats it. And obvs he is very good in comparison with the amount of surpluses we have in the mid who doesnt work at all (asa, pereyra, hernanes, padoin etc..). His negative is that he is way too injury prone.

We sign one or 2 world beater and Khedira will be used as a reserve in no time.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
yeh.

in the CL every opportunity counts, especially in later rounds vs the Barcas, Bayerns and Reals.... we need a clinical finisher that wont waste chances.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think we can do better, adn we should do better against not only serie A teams but everyone.

We have great workrate, we have great players in various positions, but our transition from defense to midfield to attack is clunky. Sometimes we cant chain 3 passes together without conceding the ball.

What this team needs IMO, is more technique on midfield, and more use of Sandro and possibly Alves. And i think this is exactly what the board is aiming... to really reinforce the mid of the field with technical players who can work their ass , and using more often than not Alves for Licht and Sandro for Evra will do a lot of good in solving this.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I think a midfield of Marchisio, Pogba and Pjanic with Sandro and Alves at the wings would solve the clunkiness issue... Hopefully it happens.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
:tup:

Remember people saying Cuads isnt a wingback because he can't defend.

How wrong they were :allegri:
Not they werent, Allegri always fields him with a wingback behind him...
:tup:

Lichteiner is a little overrated in this forums to be honest. The first 2 years with us he was class, specially the first year he was a monster. But he has faded from that performances.

Now he is very secure in defending, which is for what we use him mainly, to have a solid backline... but going forward he is very lacking as of late, and it puts too much stress on him to be running the flanks whole game.

Alves on the other hand has a deadly cross and has some technique to dribble past players.... but the best of alves is definitely his end product near the enemy goal area. Cuads and Licht got nothing on him on that department, and this will help us greatly in CL games.

For serie A, we can continue using Licht no problem, as long as we play him in a 4 man backline and not in a 352.

Yup. he improved on that by the end of his spell this year... but Alves has been regular in his end product throuht his whole career. The guy is class.

My only concern is his age,, but well, lets hope he can maintain his form and above all, his drive, to continue playing at high levels.

I saw him playing with brazil some days ago and he looked fine.
Dani is much more over rated though, like every Barca defender. In Spanish league and Brazil NT for the same matter, they dont defend, they play for the spectacle, so its normal for a wingback that can defend and mostly dribbles to make an impression, esp in Barca that dominated everyone and never had to defend with their wingbacks. In Italy its different though, we have this thing called tactics and defence is an integral part to it!!
So we need a fullback that can defend as well when its needed, tgats why Evra and Licht are the perfect fit!
Licht was not onky defensive minded though, he was pacey, with a decent cross and positive contributions upfront, he is older now though and naturally has lost his pace, the same goes for Dani though and even worse since Alvez is older and since he is focused at attacking, the loss of pace will have a greater impact on his strengths!
Lol, why we can't win CL with Dybala-Mandzukic as our main duo?.
Because they are not prolific enough to take advantage the scarse chances they will get when facing a competitive team, in the late CL stages. Manzdu can be at times, but he also tends to lose a few important matches too and we dont have a reliable goal poacher to replace him...

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
This team needs to be able to score at least 3-4 goals against the clubs from pots 3 and 4 in the group stage of CL like the big clubs do. That has been very frustrating over the last 4 years in the CL and it cost us the group last year. Outside of the Sevilla game at home, we scored 1 goal against those 3 and 4 teams in three matches.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
People talking about cynical finisher. Who the fuck is that? Name me one cynical finisher who is 100 % better than Mandzu with Dybala (except Morata for obvious reasons) and who doesn't disrupt his team play (like Icardi for example), while his transfer is realistic, not Suarez-Messi-Ronaldo like.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
so we need a finisher and yet we replace our fastest winger with a has been...
but this is the fate of the poor we cannot to buy Cuads, only loan him, neither outbid Barca for a new Alves after already buying our new Evra last year...
We have to make some compromises, i hoped it will be for a Cavani class finisher, but obviousky Marotta cannot buy such a finisher and will go with his ussual group of CMs to solve our creativity and finishing issues, so Alvez, Pjanic and Mascherano it is... o and the random Italian SS to waste any extra cash from the Morata buy back...
Still better than the previous years, when we had so many pointless transfers like, Hernanes, Pereyra, Padoin, Zaza and such...

Nejc

May 13, 2006
:agree: like Barzagli or Rugani
I know you are trying to be a sarcastic smartass, but Cuadrado played in 3-5-2 like 99% of the time, and usually with Evra on the other side, so whoever played right CB was not that far from a legit wingback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)