Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (19 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
I am really thrilled about having him in our team. I hope it happens. He is an absolute star and he is going to bring so much to us going forward on the right. With him and Alex sandro on either flank in a 352 we will be very strong with great two way players. Cuadrado is amazing but Alves will give us a bit more security defensively and his experience is second to none. Plus the fact we are bring such a player for free is incredible. Can't wait to see us play next season. Mandzukic will be loving the crosses from the flanks.

Also Evra is still going so strong so I think its funny to think Alves, who is a better player is past it. Alves is one of those legendary players who can be important for a long time. Plus with 3 CB he will be more free to go forward then in a 4 man defense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
because no one does?

obviously i don't compare them, just wanna say there is a good gif for every player out there.

Alves has been WC, no doubt. i just think he's past it.
Yes Dai, but we are talking about Daniel Alves here. Its not some rare gif. He's getting past defenders on skill and technique several times every game. You can make like 20 of these gifs every season for the past so many years now.

And then we havent even talked about his combination play by the flank

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yes Dai, but we are talking about Daniel Alves here. Its not some rare gif. He's getting past defenders on skill and technique several times every game. You can make like 20 of these gifs every season for the past so many years now.

And then we havent even talked about his combination play by the flank
i'd absolutely love to be wrong. we will see. :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'd absolutely love to be wrong. we will see. :tup:
The mistake one shouldnt make is making this about "speed and acceleration".

He was VERY fast. he declined and will still be top 5 quickest players in our team, but that doesnt matter at all.

Alves, thats the one touch combination play at the byline, getting past and around defenders consistantly, and beeing a big attacking thread when the opponent is parking it.

He'll be that guy who'll combine it into the box and manage to get to a free player, dive in the box himself, trick defenders and cross it, trick defenders and go unmarked into the box etc.

He's such a big handfull when you park it.

remember how we have licht/evra/cuadrado receiving the ball, but beeing locked by a bunkering team ? How we want Sandro cause some tricks and crosses ? Alves is the epitome of that. A true nightmare.

He's not the "marauding fullback". I'd call him a playmaking fullback. Mandzukic is probably having second degree burns from all the fapping he's doing

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I doubt Mandzukic will score that much goals even with Alves. He didn't even get to 20 league goals in Jupps super Bayern.
true, but Ribery and Robben (especially Robben) like to score themselfs, they both were more busy cutting in than actually crossing to Mandzu. A.Sandro and Alves will deliver some nice crosses for sure :agree: 20 goals should be possible imo.

about Alves @Zacheryah it is his stamina that worries me. i know he is a beast,
but can he keep playing like that in a 352 as lone WB for 90 minutes game in game out?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I would like to see it but he doesent look like someone that scores that much to me, one of the reasons is his playing style makes him play outside the box very often. 15-18 imo if he keeps a good form and stays healthy, Dybala though id expect 20+ goals

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I doubt Mandzukic will score that much goals even with Alves. He didn't even get to 20 league goals in Jupps super Bayern.
Superbayern was using double wings, with wingers that mostly made actions themselves, combining , shooting, dribbeling or passing trough, with fullbacks main duty to support them and help doubling up.

Juve uses single wings. Main offensive task is getting in good positions to deliver crosses or passes into the box. THis suits an opportunistic forward with great positionning and heading much more. Alves will deliver ALOT of various kinds of passes into the box

- - - Updated - - -

true, but Ribery and Robben (especially Robben) like to score themselfs, they both were more busy cutting in than actually crossing to Mandzu. A.Sandro and Alves will deliver some nice crosses for sure :agree: 20 goals should be possible imo.

about Alves @Zacheryah it is his stamina that worries me. i know he is a beast,
but can he keep playing like that in a 352 as lone WB for 90 minutes game in game out?
I'm sure Lichtsteiner isnt going to mind he cant do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)