Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (24 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Alves has regressed so much in the last 2 years tough, could be that he needs a new experience, but he isn't the same player he was 3/4 years ago.
Ya I'm not thrilled with the idea of him as a RB because his athleticism/strength/defending has declined.

But he's still great in possession and has 20 assists in the last 2 years. He's still dangerous around the box.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think his impact as a RWB might actually be underrated right now. He will help so much to keep our possession high. From Lichtsteiner to Alves you are going from one of the least technical RWB to one of the most.

And Dybala plays on the right side. No more combining with a lead footed RB. Imagine if we sign Pjanic. You can have Dybala combining with Pjanic and Alves.

Cuadrado in the end was great for us last year but in possession I still think Alves is better. A little calmer with the ball, quicker with decisions, more of a Spanish style (obviously).
:tup:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Alves has regressed so much in the last 2 years tough, could be that he needs a new experience, but he isn't the same player he was 3/4 years ago.
He certainly not the same player as 4 years ago, but even current Alves is an upgrade over Licht. And if Allegri pulls Evra-trick on him it's gonna be awesome transfer.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
How can anyone dislike or even criticize this signing is beyond me considering the terms and conditions.

It simply gives us more room to spend in other areas especially the midfield which needs to be desperately rejuvenated.You have to be daft if you cant see the logic behind this.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
How can anyone dislike or even criticize this signing is beyond me considering the terms and conditions.

It simply gives us more room to spend in other areas especially the midfield which needs to be desperately rejuvenated.You have to be daft if you cant see the logic behind this.
Exactly.
@DAiDEViL

:seven:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

So missing out on Gomes or Pjanic would be not excusable, right? :tuttosport:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Think about what this signing says to anybody else considering signing for Juventus. This signing says that we are serious about competing for the champions league for the next two to three years. Compare that to other projects, specifically in England, and we are offering more than those clubs can besides money.

This type of signing is more valuable than just a player, it's a statement of intent.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So missing out on Gomes or Pjanic would be not excusable, right? :tuttosport:
Keep Morata
Alves
Mascherano
Pjanic

Imagine that team

----------------Buffon
-Alves - Bonucci - Chiellini - Sandro

--Khedira - Mascherano - Pogba
--------------Pjanic
------Dybala-----Morata

And thats with Cheesio injured

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah Alves is still a big name maybe not in places like Bavaria where average Germans are worshipped but he's still a name plus he's lolzillian which is always good.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah Alves is still a big name maybe not in places like Bavaria where average Germans are worshipped but he's still a name plus he's lolzillian which is always good.
He's an effective lolzillain*.

Peasants are talking left and right about pacing and stamina. lol. I want alves for his exceptional ability to make those 1-2 combinations that tear trough the defence. His ability to dribble from standstill anywhere on the field which makes him a nightmare when he's close to the goalline. His ability for very accurate short passes and a great crossing array.

Who cares if he lost a bit of topspeed.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Keep Morata
Alves
Mascherano
Pjanic

Imagine that team

----------------Buffon
-Alves - Bonucci - Chiellini - Sandro

--Khedira - Mascherano - Pogba
--------------Pjanic
------Dybala-----Morata

And thats with Cheesio injured
our bench would be stronger than most teams in Serie A

------------Mirante
-Licht - Barzagli - Rugani - Evra

--Lemina - Marchisio - Sturaro
------------Berardi
--------Zaza-----Mandzu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)