Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (91 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
For tactical reasons, yes. Everyone knows Licht is a RB and Cuadrado is almost a winger. Dani Alves offers the same things Licht offers with a better cross and way worse defending.
I think Lichtsteiner and Alves offer completely different things one thrives in a possession based football and offers lot in attack and the other is defensively a great RB.

- - - Updated - - -

We've done this before, made smart moves for older players so we can direct money into other areas. These are quality veterans we are talking about. I also like what he said about experienced players with personality and experience to aid the young players in the dressing room. Dani Alves might be a bit of a prick on the field but he seems like a bubbly character off it. And besides, who really cares when a player is wearing your jersey?
I've always hated Alves but considering our current need for another right sided player and the quality of the player in question I'm leaving all emotions aside.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We've done this before, made smart moves for older players so we can direct money into other areas. These are quality veterans we are talking about. I also like what he said about experienced players with personality and experience to aid the young players in the dressing room. Dani Alves might be a bit of a prick on the field but he seems like a bubbly character off it. And besides, who really cares when a player is wearing your jersey?
We are pushing for the CL before Buffon goes, this move makes sense as long as they have someone younger lined up for the long term.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
For tactical reasons, yes. Everyone knows Licht is a RB and Cuadrado is almost a winger. Dani Alves offers the same things Licht offers with a better cross and way worse defending.
Alves can do Cuadrado's job as an offensive wingback perfectly.

I'd be more content with a young strong RB á la what we have with AS on the left, but given that such players are very difficult to find and afford Alves would be a great signing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Alves can do Cuadrado's job as an offensive wingback perfectly.

I'd be more content with a young strong RB á la what we have with AS on the left, but given that such players are very difficult to find and afford Alves would be a great signing.
These days he does it worse and he's older. He's a downgrade from Cuadrado. You're right in that he's more offensive than Licht, but only just. I just don't see the added value. Not to mention that it's hard to see him fit here anyway.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
These days he does it worse and he's older. He's a downgrade from Cuadrado.
If we sign him, this will be disproven for sure, he assists or is key to their build up despite being older and declined a bit, and this is a team that has several creating uptions. For our more traditional and discplined side, he would be a bigger focus point in creating because of the nature of our midfield besides Pogba. Him and Sandro on the wings with crossing would be huge, and unlike most other fullbacks, Alves excells in creating in various wise besides just crossing. Capable passer in several ways really. Essentially he is slower then the insane burst Cuadrado has, but generally would see him alot more variety then the Colombian. Considering he is a ridicolous dribbler too, which is Cuadrado's main asset to us.

This is all dependant on the time of mind frame Alves would be in signing for us, but then again the act of just signing for us would clarify that, considering we are no nonsense win at all costs club that his Barca has been. If he wants to slow down and take it easy with big paycheck, he will sign for the turks/PSG or whatever other options he has.

These pinpont passes/crosses to Mandzu, Dybala and hopefully Morata would add an element that Cuadrado rarely gets right enough times IMO:

Btw, that the 11th assist counts as an assist is one of the most hilarious cases of how assist stat keeping is so broken @Alen :D

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

So you want a 33 year old Dani Alves?
I don't care how old is he as long as keeps performing like he has done until now, and I think he can keep that at least for another two seasons.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If we sign him, this will be disproven for sure, he assists or is key to their build up despite being older and declined a bit, and this is a team that has several creating uptions. For our more traditional and discplined side, he would be a bigger focus point in creating because of the nature of our midfield besides Pogba. Him and Sandro on the wings with crossing would be huge, and unlike most other fullbacks, Alves excells in creating in various wise besides just crossing. Capable passer in several ways really. Essentially he is slower then the insane burst Cuadrado has, but generally would see him alot more variety then the Colombian. Considering he is a ridicolous dribbler too, which is Cuadrado's main asset to us.

This is all dependant on the time of mind frame Alves would be in signing for us, but then again the act of just signing for us would clarify that, considering we are no nonsense win at all costs club that his Barca has been. If he wants to slow down and take it easy with big paycheck, he will sign for the turks/PSG or whatever other options he has.

These pinpont passes/crosses to Mandzu, Dybala and hopefully Morata would add an element that Cuadrado rarely gets right enough times IMO:

Well.. I think Alves has declined quite a bit in recent years. You don't. And I guess we can agree to disagree on that point. But in any case adding yet another older player to an aging defense is tricky at best.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
These days he does it worse and he's older. He's a downgrade from Cuadrado. You're right in that he's more offensive than Licht, but only just. I just don't see the added value. Not to mention that it's hard to see him fit here anyway.
I agree. I prefer Cuadrado overall, unless they plan on spending that money for a starter level quality in another position instead.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Asked an old forum friend of mine about Dani Alves, Spanish Madridista but very neutral, knowledgeable and almost robotic kind of guy. He reckons he is "finished", in the sense of his very best levels. But if we are using the guy as a CL cameo and rotational Serie A player it's a different role than being a 60-game a season player, which is what most of Barcelona's first XI are.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Seven how does Marotta speak, which accent is that? I really like that one. Dunno if you watch Gomorrah (tv show), where I find Italian fucking strange.
They speak Neapolitan on that show a lot. I don't understand it at all and I imagine most Italians wouldn't. There's a lot of Spanish in it though.

I haven't heard Marotta speak a great deal (I'll watch the video at home, working right now), but iirc he's from Lombardia, so I imagine it would be fairly standard.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Shit what a surprise. Alves and Mascherano?

It doesn't really make sense, considering the astronomic wages of these guys.

Even if we get Alves for free, to keep his demands he'd immediately be the highest earning guy on the team. This could unsettle the squad and Marotta is very aware of this.

I mean, Alves is the same guy who stalled negotiations with Barcelona because of money. I think him and Masc should make something like at least 6/7M net, which is more than Pogba makes. It's just weird to think Alves would give up a contract year in Barcelona to make less. Doesn't make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

About the player, he had a spectacular career and is an amazing player, clearly one of the best all times RB.

However he can be very inconsistent, and can have some horrible stages where he miss everything. He must be very driven to join us.

He's recently completed 33 yrs. His game is very physical (he's one of the quickest and with most stamina players I've ever seen, it's just insane. It's just not Barca's doping, I remember noticing this when he was playing for Brazil U20 13 years ago. Absolute beast).

But he should be about to drop off physically at this stage. Still a very good bet, but not for more than 2 guaranteed years + 1 optional extra year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)