Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (38 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
thank dog this is a hoax

A freebie like that is only great if you fill up a position that is not one of the major objectives for the mercato. I am expecting someone better for R(W)B position

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Midfield is THE major objective of this mercato and a Morata replacement is the second priority

RWB isnt even a big priority for next season.A quick fix like Alves would be fantastic.

This isnt a hoax.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yup, don't like him, but from a footballing perspective it would be a truly great move.
He's 33 though. I know Evra is 35, but that guy is built like a tank. I have less faith in Dani Alves. Either way there's always the risk he won't perform as he used to.

Jun 6, 2015
Midfield is THE major objective of this mercato and a Morata replacement is the second priority

RWB isnt even a big priority for next season.A quick fix like Alves would be fantastic.

This isnt a hoax.
They know it and they'll love it but some just love to moan about everything.

Jun 6, 2015
never

literally the first rumour of the summer that I am not fapping to and there I go, 'moan about everything'
You're not the only one moaning about this and I wasn't specifically implying to a certain person so don't take it personally, I'm sure we get to fap together for some other rumors :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not a big fan of adding age to an already aged defense, but he'd give another option on the wing.
I think it might be a mistake.

I know players can play for longer these days and I bet it won't be long till we see guys playing until they're 40. But we've had a lot games where none of our starters in defense were under 30 and some were 35 and over. I like Evra, I think Barzagli is great, they both perform very very well, but at some point it is going to catch up with us. And it might be better to have young, talented players around when it does.

Also, who is he going to replace? Lichtsteiner, who has started every game ever since he joined? Neither will be happy as a sub.

Jun 6, 2015

I know players can play for longer these days and I bet it won't be long till we see guys playing until they're 40. But we've had a lot games where none of our starters in defense were under 30 and some were 35 and over. I like Evra, I think Barzagli is great, they both perform very very well, but at some point it is going to catch up with us. And it might be better to have young, talented players around when it does.

Also, who is he going to replace? Lichtsteiner, who has started every game ever since he joined? Neither will be happy as a sub.
We already have two young guys around in Rugani and Alex Sandro plus Bonucci is still young enough so we are only RB away from having our first choice defense for the next six years in place.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We already have two young guys around in Rugani and Alex Sandro plus Bonucci is still young enough so we are only RB away from having our first choice defense for the next six years in place.
Alex Sandro is 25, Bonucci is 29. The only real young defender is Rugani.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

What? He was benched for Cuadrado plenty of times last season, and while he's still solid his decline is real.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Lichtsteiner has only a year left on the contract, with an option for another one.

We replace him with a young RB in one/two years, I don't really see the problem.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What? He was benched for Cuadrado plenty of times last season, and while he's still solid his decline is real.
For tactical reasons, yes. Everyone knows Licht is a RB and Cuadrado is almost a winger. Dani Alves offers the same things Licht offers with a better cross and way worse defending.

- - - Updated - - -

Lichtsteiner has only a year left on the contract, with an option for another one.

We replace him with a young RB in one/two years, I don't really see the problem.
So you want a 33 year old Dani Alves?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We've done this before, made smart moves for older players so we can direct money into other areas. These are quality veterans we are talking about. I also like what he said about experienced players with personality and experience to aid the young players in the dressing room. Dani Alves might be a bit of a prick on the field but he seems like a bubbly character off it. And besides, who really cares when a player is wearing your jersey?

Jun 6, 2015
Alex Sandro is 25, Bonucci is 29. The only real young defender is Rugani.
The point was that we are years away from needing new starters in those positions. We only need a new starting RB in a couple of years and the decision to sign Alves would be actually better for the youth in that position because it would give Lirola possibly the chance to break trough opposed to now buying a RB for big money who would block our most promising youth player.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We've done this before, made smart moves for older players so we can direct money into other areas. These are quality veterans we are talking about. I also like what he said about experienced players with personality and experience to aid the young players in the dressing room. Dani Alves might be a bit of a prick on the field but he seems like a bubbly character off it. And besides, who really cares when a player is wearing your jersey?
I'm just not convinced by his defending, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)