Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (58 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
:agree: no doubt about that. in CL games wingers will run rings around him though.
Not sure what you're getting at. You're saying he's slow or that he's basically shit defensively? Because whenever I've seen him play, he's neither of those.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I never liked the guy in terms of the vibes he puts out, but I have to admit he's one hell of a fullback.

I'm happy we are strengthening the right back position, cause it's sorely needed. And he's as good as they come. Only Lahm is better in my opinion.

It's a clear intent we are building a CL-contending squad. Very often I've noticed about modern football that teams which win the CL more times than not have at least one world class player as fullback. To mention a few; Roberto Carlos (Real), Cafú (Milan), Maicon (Inter, ugh), Zanetti (Inter, ugh), Lahm (Bayern), Lizerazu (Bayern), Marcelo (Real), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Evra (Man United), Ashley Cole (Chelsea).

I'm sure I've skipped quite a few, but my point is; It's very typical that the CL-winning side has awesome fullbacks.

If this goes through, we can boast having Evra/Alex Sandro on the left and Dani Alves / Lichtsteiner on the right for next season. That's pretty damn good.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I don't recall Alves ever being consistently abused and being constant CL contenders and playing against Madrid(s) every season means he's always up against it.

Sure I imagine you could youtube 'Alves fail' and get some vids as with any other televised player alive but he's World class and can obviously do a job defensively.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I don't recall Alves ever being consistently abused and being constant CL contenders and playing against Madrid(s) every season means he's always up against it.

Sure I imagine you could youtube 'Alves fail' and get some vids as with any other televised player alive but he's World class and can obviously do a job defensively.
Yep.Never been humiliated or destroyed like Maicon while playing for his club.
Its mostly Pique or Alba who are the error prone players

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
2 years ago Alves was by far and away the best player in his position.

Today, there isnt a single player who's significantly, or even arguably better

- - - Updated - - -

I never liked the guy in terms of the vibes he puts out, but I have to admit he's one hell of a fullback.

I'm happy we are strengthening the right back position, cause it's sorely needed. And he's as good as they come. Only Lahm is better in my opinion.

It's a clear intent we are building a CL-contending squad. Very often I've noticed about modern football that teams which win the CL more times than not have at least one world class player as fullback. To mention a few; Roberto Carlos (Real), Cafú (Milan), Maicon (Inter, ugh), Zanetti (Inter, ugh), Lahm (Bayern), Lizerazu (Bayern), Marcelo (Real), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Evra (Man United), Ashley Cole (Chelsea).

I'm sure I've skipped quite a few, but my point is; It's very typical that the CL-winning side has awesome fullbacks.

If this goes through, we can boast having Evra/Alex Sandro on the left and Dani Alves / Lichtsteiner on the right for next season. That's pretty damn good.
Its the best fullback depth in europe, and if Sandro has a great day, its hands down the best fullback pair in europe too

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep.Never been humiliated or destroyed like Maicon while playing for his club.
Its mostly Pique or Alba who are the error prone players
He's the complete opposite of a liability playing next to absolute clowns in defence yet people think he'll come in to our notoriously hard to break down 3-5-2 with somebody like Barzagli on his side and Khedira next to him and he'll break down and ruin everything because he can't defend.

I suggest some people actually watch a bit of Barca in any year Alves has been there and witness why he's better than the absolute nobodies people are asking for ahead of him.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Barca fans are pissed and still calling him the best RB in the world.

I take their meltdown as proof of how good he really is.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
:lol: players who only look like clowns because Alves is nowhere to be seen.
I mean I understand people having different opinions on players but he's pretty much undeniably one of the best full backs in the World. Period. So saying you don't like him is one thing, suggesting he's not even that good is just delusional.

Pogba is average

Why?

Because I say he is and the rest of the footballing world is wrong.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Barca fans are pissed and still calling him the best RB in the world.

I take their meltdown as proof of how good he really is.
They are completely right. We are fucking taking a keyplayer off barcelona, and they cant adequately replace him.

AND ALL THIS, WITH 10 FUCKING EURO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)