D. Albertini (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Can anyone tell me why he is not playing for the national side? Did he retire from international football cause I don't think he is too old, something like 32-33, am I right?

Or is it that he is not chosen? I thought he was great in the past and his talents can't fade away just so. Any ideas or comments?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't know whether or not Albertini has retired from international football, but my guess is that Trap just prefers the likes of Perrotta, Zanetti, Tommasi and Gattuso.

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
Simply because he is too old. Trap is building a team for the future. I still think he should be in the squad though, he is always a reliable player.

I think he has 79 caps, seems nothing compared to Malidini's 126!!:eek:

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    It's a shame. I think he would still be great for the Azzuri. He is 31 going onto 32 I think. Still pretty young.

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    Albertini is good
    This season in Spain or should I say last season since it finished yesterday he scored that wonderful goal of a free kick against Real Madrid in 94th minute or something like that to make it 2-2 the first meeting between Athletico and Real

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    its funny actually....traps prefers zanetti and perrotta, two players who havent got half the talents and qualities of Albertini in his prime. Even the current Albertini still shows more.

Keep in mind, Tacchinardi and Gattuso, italy's current two best DM are not in the team.

So basically, the answer to the question of why albertini isnt the team has many factors.

BUT i feel that the real answer is that Traps has his little favourites in his teams. Zanetti, Perrotta, Tomassi Del Vecchio to name a few.:down:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Such a shame that Albertini is not there. He's heading back to Milan right?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bongo10 ] ++
    This season in Spain or should I say last season since it finished yesterday
    There is still one Copa Del Rey final to be contested between Mallorca and Recreativo on Saturday ;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Albertini committed the ultimate sin......... He bad-mouthed Trap !!!!

You'll NEVER see him in the NT again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Albertini committed the ultimate sin......... He bad-mouthed Trap !!!!

You'll NEVER see him in the NT again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What did he say?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I can't remember the exact words, but I think he criticized Trap for not picking him, and excluding him out of international scene deliberatly. Trap, on the other hand, insisted that he did not pick Albertini for fitness reasons, as Albertini was injured or coming back from injury when the incident happened. Anyway, Albertini himself refused to play for Trap, so as long as Trap is coaching the Azzuri, there is no chance the Albertini would play for Italian NT again. Sad international end to outstanding registra since it seems Trap will at least coach this team until Euro 2004, if Italia quality and even if she doesn't the new coach is not going to pick over 30year old as he is rebuilding the team. So I would be really surprised if Albertini play for Azzuri again.:down:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    I can't remember the exact words, but I think he criticized Trap for not picking him, and excluding him out of international scene deliberatly. Trap, on the other hand, insisted that he did not pick Albertini for fitness reasons, as Albertini was injured or coming back from injury when the incident happened. Anyway, Albertini himself refused to play for Trap, so as long as Trap is coaching the Azzuri, there is no chance the Albertini would play for Italian NT again. Sad international end to outstanding registra since it seems Trap will at least coach this team until Euro 2004, if Italia quality and even if she doesn't the new coach is not going to pick over 30year old as he is rebuilding the team. So I would be really surprised if Albertini play for Azzuri again.:down:
    If you guys elect me to coach Italy I promise Baggio and Albertini would be in the squad!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)