Cudicini (1 Viewer)

Eop05

Dec 13, 2002
Best keeper in the EPL, IMO.

I also heard he thought about, at one point in time, of doing what Camoronesi did and joining the English NT.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
Ask Erik, I think he mentioned once that he likes him. Is he Italian after all ?
He used to play in lazio, he is about 29/30 years old now. he is the best in the EPL IMO.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
Erik, yes, we were talking about Chelsea once and you said something about him.
Just that he's a good keeper but that's as far as my knowledge about him goes.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Chelsea must have been pretty happy to find out that they'd had the best keeper in England on their bench for two seasons. Saved them replacing De Goey.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
well, what do u want to know abt him?

here's an interview

http://www.precision-goalkeeping.co...w&hotseatID=74&lang=en&sitetypID=1&sessionID=

and here's an article

Born 06.09.1973
In Milan
Italy
Height 1,82 m
Weight 77 kg
Plays at Chelsea
Position Goalkeeper

29-year old Carlo was one of the most highly rated goalkeepers in Italy, with many predicting a bright future in Serie A, before Chelsea snapped him up for £160,000 from Italian provincial side Castel Di Sangro in July 2000.

The subsequent years have been good to Carlo. Not only has he earned the Stamford Bridge number one jersey beating off the challenges of Mark Bosnich and Ed De Goey, Carlo has firmly established himself as one of the English game's top goalkeepers.

Carlo's impressive stay at Chelsea has prompted Serie A Roma to show an interest in the former AC Milan and Lazio goalkeeper but at the moment at least Carlo seems settled in his adopted London home.

Carlo was called up to represent his country in November 2002 for the first time taking his place alongside Francesco Toldo.

Carlo's main attributes are his stunning agility and reflexes, and his shot-shopping ability is about as good as it gets. He has an excellent temperament, superb work ethic and a commitment to the game, his team and the fans.

emerging as one European goalkeeping's true talents; watch out for him in next season's Premiership, UEFA Cup and maybe even the 2004 European Championships?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
All I know about Carlo is that he is adored by Chelsea fans, was the best GK in the EPL last season .. was rejected when playing in Milan's youth system .. his father was also a GK .. last season he had freakish injury, he got bit by his dog as he was walking him (other reports said different things to make it sound less stupid, that he fell and injured his wrist while walking his dog) :D

OP
juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    thanks for the infos, guys!

he's already 30 ??? :eek:
    seems that i know about him too late, huh ?!
    if he the best in EPL, why Mr. Trap dont call him ??? :confused:
    Buffon, Toldo, and Cudicini ! i think that would be great !

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    He has been called up, hasn't he? I thought he had a friendly cap or two. While he plays in England, he'll never dislodge Buffon or Toldo, short of playing absolutely fantasticly in the Champions League.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Urrmm.. ... all i know is that he was called up as 3rd keeper for the 1st time late last yr for a Italy-Turkey friendly, but he diddn't play in that match.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    He has been called up, hasn't he? I thought he had a friendly cap or two. While he plays in England, he'll never dislodge Buffon or Toldo, short of playing absolutely fantasticly in the Champions League.
    i mean for the EURO 2004.

is he better than Abbiati ? (just curious)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    cudicini is a very good keeper indeed..maybe in the same class buffon- toldo if he wasfound earlier.. but italia doesnt need him...we already grooming abbiati for that 3rd keeper role and buffon is still very young...he has more chance playing for england than for italy.. to think of it to have all this goalkeeping talent in one generation is quite a waste...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    The best goalkeeper in the EPL will be Tim Howard without a doubt ;)
    I like your confidence, but Timmy's got a bit of work to do, though if he starts for Manchester, he will be the best in a cople years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)