Cristiano Zanetti (1 Viewer)

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Juve objected to Zanetti sale
Friday 2 October, 2009
Cristiano Zanetti’s agent has admitted he feared that Juventus would block his client’s move to Fiorentina.

The Italian surprisingly joined the Viola in a £1.5m deal in August, but Carlo Pallavicino has revealed that the swift switch wasn’t as straightforward as many were led to believe.

It all kicked off with a conversation between Zanetti and Marco Marchionni, who also left Juve for Florence in the summer, but it ended in confrontation.

“I knew that Marchionni called him to talk about the possibility of a move,” noted Pallavicino. “However, I couldn’t believe it when [Fiorentina’s sporting director Pantaleo] Corvino phoned me.

“He asked me about the possibility of Juventus letting him go and I almost got a fever just thinking about it. My fear was that Juve wouldn’t allow it.”

The agent was right as a host of influential figures in Turin initially objected to the transfer of Zanetti.

“Coach Ciro Ferrara wanted to construct the midfield around Felipe Melo and Zanetti,” added Pallavicino.

“Director general Jean-Claude Blanc and chief scout Castagnini were also against the Fiorentina move for Cristiano.

“However, in the end, because of finances and in the interests of the player and Fiorentina, it was all resolved quickly.”

Zanetti underlined his ability with a stunning display in Fiorentina’s 2-0 Champions League win over Liverpool on Tuesday.

channel4 football italia.

now that is the truth

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Zanetti leaving will open up a lot of space for Marchisio. So far that has been the case and as much as we all liked Zanetti, Marchisio's development is better for us in the long term.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Apparently he is continuing to be injured a lot and that is hurting Fiorentina, as they've struggled in their last games. Viola have a lot better chances if he and Marchionni makes it to the CL play-offs, but knowing that they both ain't no iron-mans, I wouldn't bet my money on it.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Juve objected to Zanetti sale
Friday 2 October, 2009
Cristiano Zanetti’s agent has admitted he feared that Juventus would block his client’s move to Fiorentina.

The Italian surprisingly joined the Viola in a £1.5m deal in August, but Carlo Pallavicino has revealed that the swift switch wasn’t as straightforward as many were led to believe.

It all kicked off with a conversation between Zanetti and Marco Marchionni, who also left Juve for Florence in the summer, but it ended in confrontation.

“I knew that Marchionni called him to talk about the possibility of a move,” noted Pallavicino. “However, I couldn’t believe it when [Fiorentina’s sporting director Pantaleo] Corvino phoned me.

“He asked me about the possibility of Juventus letting him go and I almost got a fever just thinking about it. My fear was that Juve wouldn’t allow it.”

The agent was right as a host of influential figures in Turin initially objected to the transfer of Zanetti.

“Coach Ciro Ferrara wanted to construct the midfield around Felipe Melo and Zanetti,” added Pallavicino.

“Director general Jean-Claude Blanc and chief scout Castagnini were also against the Fiorentina move for Cristiano.

“However, in the end, because of finances and in the interests of the player and Fiorentina, it was all resolved quickly.”

Zanetti underlined his ability with a stunning display in Fiorentina’s 2-0 Champions League win over Liverpool on Tuesday.

channel4 football italia.

now that is the truth
yeah, for sure ...
juve would sell zanetti if ciro said he wants to build his team around him because fiorentina offered the huge amount of 1.5 M Pound ...
yeah, and i can see that it was in zanettis interest not to be involved in our future plans... yeah right

ha ha ha, not laughed so bad since watching the movie "super bad"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)