Cristiano Zanetti (2 Viewers)

Durden

May 11, 2006
Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

My posts have never attacked Zanetti in any way. He was presented his situation, he wanted to get himself into a better situation, and Juve accomidated him.

To everyone saying that Juve should have shown him more respect.

What would have been more disrespectful:

A) Doing what they did, telling him that they wouldn't be able to offer him a 3 year contract renewal, and therefore selling him to a team that would give him what he wanted

Or

B) Not being upfront with him, keeping him on the bench, with no guarantees of any playing time, and letting his contract run out, and basically having to fend for himself to find the best offer.

so please, what would have been more disrespectful, because obviously Juve felt that they were not going to offer him a contract extension, nor were there going to be any guarantees for playing time, so what would the point have been to keeping him?

The reason why Zanetti got angry is that according to him he never asked for a 3 year contract. He would even settle for a pay-as-you-play contract.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
The reason why Zanetti got angry is that according to him he never asked for a 3 year contract. He would even settle for a pay-as-you-play contract.
yeah, you can always say that afterwards ... do you think zanetti offered secco to agree on a "pay-as-you-play"-contract ?

i am sure secco would have agreed to that ... but the other way around i can already see the people here crying "how dare secco to offer such a contract. zanetti has to feed his kids. he has to earn bla bla ... because he was with us in serie b"

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you were an 8th choice midfielder, and you were offered a pay as you play contract, would you take it???

Would you honestly take that offer, knowing that chances were pretty good that you would get very little playing time?

Durden

May 11, 2006
yeah, you can always say that afterwards ... do you think zanetti offered secco to agree on a "pay-as-you-play"-contract ?

i am sure secco would have agreed to that ... but the other way around i can already see the people here crying "how dare secco to offer such a contract. zanetti has to feed his kids. he has to earn bla bla ... because he was with us in serie b"
I have no idea about who is telling the trut between Secco and Zanetti. My point is ( like i wrote on page 48 ) that Secco must have known that selling Zanetti for small money to the viola would upset some fans so he could have just said that there was an opportunity to sell and we needed to cut the wage bill to balance the books and left out the last part about him demanding a 3 year contract and etc. That way Zanetti couldn't have said anything about Secco lied etc.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I have no idea about who is telling the trut between Secco and Zanetti. My point is ( like i wrote on page 48 ) that Secco must have known that selling Zanetti for small money to the viola would upset some fans so he could have just said that there was an opportunity to sell and we needed to cut the wage bill to balance the books and left out the last part about him demanding a 3 year contract and etc. That way Zanetti couldn't have said anything about Secco lied etc.
you are right, but you can never exclude that papers do write other things ... just imagine zanetti reading the goal.com headlines "secco: zanetti was utter trash" and voila there you have it ... the war of words begins. secco did not need to say a false thing for tuttosport and co to write crap just to stir up the fans

Durden

May 11, 2006
If you were an 8th choice midfielder, and you were offered a pay as you play contract, would you take it???

Would you honestly take that offer, knowing that chances were pretty good that you would get very little playing time?
No certainly not, except if I was playing for Juve of course :p

But that has never been my point in this discussion. I am not saying I dont understand why we sold him, all I am saying is I think Secco made a stupid judgement in saying to much. He should have kept it simple and said we need to balance the books and cut the wage bill, and thanked Zanetti for his time here in Juve and left it at that.

I totally understand what you're saying, but again dont you think Secco made a bad call by running his mouth to much and putting himself into this debate with Zanetti?

Durden

May 11, 2006
you are right, but you can never exclude that papers do write other things ... just imagine zanetti reading the goal.com headlines "secco: zanetti was utter trash" and voila there you have it ... the war of words begins. secco did not need to say a false thing for tuttosport and co to write crap just to stir up the fans
True, but it does seem like our current board talks a lot in general. More than I like anyway.. But it doesn’t seem like they sent him away with a "thank you for you time here" and that’s basically all they needed to do imo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When will this end?
Why let it end??

Its kinda fun in its own pointless, stupid, beat a dead horse kind of way.

Actually, you know what? Speaking of beating a dead horse, we should get a smilie for that and call it Zanetti.

Not implying that Zanetti is a dead horse, you panty twisters, but the whole argument is one.

Jack, make it so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)