Cristiano Zanetti (3 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Too bad Zanetti has already retired from the Italian NT and prefers to focus on club football
realistically he wouldnt get much playing time for the Azzurri anyway, he'd probably make the squad but i doubt Donadoni would start him over Pirlo & De Rossi and to a degree Gattuso, Aquilani and Ambrosini

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
He's retired from the Azzurri.. I believe Doandoni called him (on the telephone not as in called up) and Zanetti replied that he wasnt interested and hasnt been since he got dropped after Euro2004
realistically he wouldnt get much playing time for the Azzurri anyway, he'd probably make the squad but i doubt Donadoni would start him over Pirlo & De Rossi and to a degree Gattuso, Aquilani and Ambrosini
crap I didn't know that! O well back to the drawing board :p

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
sure he is a top player im not denying that, i hope he continues his form next season but id rather see a more younger, creative player in his position next season, such as Diego, VdV.. etc
Cristiano Zanetti isn't that old for us to start looking for a regular replacement, maybe we should sign Cigarini just because Zanetti is injury prone.

As for a more creative player, actually we shouldn't. Since the last spell of Lippi at Delle Alpi we've adopted a flat 4-4-2 in which the centre midfield duo should be able to defend and attack, we depend more on the wingers to switch behined the strikers and to create scoring chances. Just one midfielder defending in a flat 4-4-2 is way too offensive, a thing which doesn't suit our playing style.

Zanetti is our Maestro.

Diego and VDV don't play in his position. Even if they both do play in his position I'll still go with Zanetti.

It's not easy to be able to defend and attack...and not only that, his passes are out of the question, his stamina is superb. The man has it all.

I'd pick him ahead of VDV anyday anytime.
Exactly. :coffee:

Furthermore, Diego and VDV need midfielders behined them to always clean the mess without them sharing in the cleaning process. I like both of them and I'd welcome any of them to Turin but either of them has to adapt to the life in Juventus as an attacking winger.

well we have Sissoko now.. i say Sissoko starts and we sign a creative midfielder.
or you never know, Tiago might surprise us next season, thats if he stays
Sissoko is a hardworker, creative and quick, but he isn't our team's brain. In the absence of Zanetti I feel like we're a bit lost.

Tiago will be sold. That's better for both of us and him.

for some reason Cristiano is underrated by many on this forum! He has been superb for us this season, and it is no coincidence that in games that we have struggled Zanetti has been injured or not 100%.
Well said. :tup:

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Juve's Zanetti supports Torino
Friday 25 April, 2008

Juventus midfielder Cristiano Zanetti has revealed that he will be supporting Torino this weekend as they take on La Vecchia Signora's rivals Roma.

The Bianconeri want to overtake the Giallorossi and move into second place so they don't have to start the season early by playing Champions League qualifiers.

“This Sunday we are fans of Torino,” joked Zanetti. “It wouldn't be bad if they won at Roma.”

Juventus are currently five points behind La Magica with four games remaining. The Bianconeri have made a fantastic return to Serie A, exceeding all expectations after a year in the Second Division.

“We believe in ourselves because we are doing well,” remarked Zanetti. “We are in good physical condition and until second place becomes mathematically impossible, I will believe.

“There was a period in which we could have given a little bit more. We lacked some experience and, although I would like to finish second, I think third place is about right.”

The 31-year-old has formed a formidable partnership at the heart of the Juventus team with Momo Sissoko since the Mali international arrived from Liverpool in January.

“He has given us a lot of physicality,” 'The Hammer' explained. “But with all due respect, each member of the midfield has done their part.

“I believe that the club are evaluating every possible improvement which could be made to the team. Only the goalkeeper is safe. We need a more complete squad for next season.

“The club is looking to carry the team back to the level it was two years ago. I hope that it happens before then because my current deal will have finished.

“I have still have two years left on it. If I continue to be useful and do my part, there will be no problems. To be at Juve is not easy, you have to always be at your best.”

The Tuscan is excited by the form of Alessandro Del Piero and believes the club's bandiera should be selected by Roberto Donadoni for this summer's European Championship.

“I hope he goes. There are no doubts about what he is doing on the pitch.”

Some members of the Italian Press have even called for Zanetti to be on the plane to Austria and Switzerland this summer.

“That book is closed. It is right that the people who have qualified and worked all year for the event should go. I want to do well for Juve. For me, it has been a positive season.”

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
In that article Zanetti's being very honest and fair, much respect to him. He obviously knows that being called up or playing for the Azzuri again will not get him as hyped up or mean as much as it used to. Hence, he will not be able to give that extra 110% that some other players will be able to. Especially since the other possible players to be called up in his position as he says have worked so hard to be called up, and have longed to be called up. I respect him for giving up his place for the betterment of Italy's future.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
In that article Zanetti's being very honest and fair, much respect to him. He obviously knows that being called up or playing for the Azzuri again will not get him as hyped up or mean as much as it used to. Hence, he will not be able to give that extra 110% that some other players will be able to. Especially since the other possible players to be called up in his position as he says have worked so hard to be called up, and have longed to be called up. I respect him for giving up his place for the betterment of Italy's future.
He surely didnt have that in mind when he refused to be in contention to be called up lol i think he was just pissed that noone ever thought of him for 2 years since Euro2004 and now all of a sudden he is performing consitantly people want him back as if to say u missed ur chance Donadoni!

He is acknowledging that it is only fair that those who put the effort into qualifying should play at Euro2008 but if Zanetti was called up at the start of last season I dont think he'd reject the Azzurri, now i think he's just over it

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zanetti Still Believes In Second Place

Juventus midfielder Cristiano Zanetti has not yet given up hope on reaching second place in the standings. He feels that his team's current form can see them through, even though there are just 4 matchdays left before the end of the season.

Zanetti is inviting his team-mates to continue believing in second place, which is still mathematically possible, considering that the Bianconeri are five points behind Roma.

"I believe in second place," declared the former Inter player. "We're fine, our condition is good and until the mathematics say otherwise, I don't see why we should not believe.

"However, there must be no timetables: we shall think of next Sunday only after this Sunday," he added.

"The advantage of not playing in the cups and to being able to work during the entire week to prepare for games has been important.

"Surely next year the cups will be there and we shall need a complete squad, with many quality players," concluded Zanetti.

goal.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Another 2 assists today.

Definitely a contender for our player of the season.
Yeah i was thinking that too but with one of Trez and Ale (or both hopefully) winning Capocannoniere it'd probably be one of them.. Personally my choice would be Camo tho

Zanetti for most consitant performer :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)