Cristiano Ronaldo (113 Viewers)

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
Well, Sarri pretty much confirmed in the post game interview that Ronaldo did not ask to be subbed (like it was previously rumored) and that he decided to take him out because he saw he was not well. As a result Ronaldo was irritated by the decision and the rest is history.

This sounds like damage control to me. If he is indeed injured he should skip playing for the NT, right?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Its not obvious that he asked to be subbed off. Sarri didn’t say so his post match interview either.

Its quite possible that he just wanted some medical treatment on the pitch and Sarri decided to take him off completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An example of where his ego gets in the way of common sense.

What Sarri says makes sense, if he's had this for a month it's about the same time he's been pretty crap, so what he needs is rest, ideally.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
that was arguably the dumbest thing ever said by a footballer. and we're not talking about rocket scientists.

anyway, no biggie, he'll be fine once he recovers from this injury.
You should listen to interviews by swiss national team players more often. They say dumb things too.

- - - Updated - - -

...and the turks of course too.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You should listen to interviews by swiss national team players more often. They say dumb things too.

- - - Updated - - -

...and the turks of course too.
hungarians too. player interviews are endless source of carefree fun. i'm sorry for all of you 7,5b people not understanding hungarian, lipcsei péter (former porto player) is incredible. :sheik:

still, when you're paid a shitload of money for your work, you don't publicly state that only a small part of your job is relevant for you, especially when you're a global superstar.

Aug 12, 2015
You actually believe this, lol? It's just PR. Almost every player deals with little injuries. Sandro played with a broken toe last year. Ronaldo is fine. He's just playing like shit and Sarri needs an excuse to get him off the pitch. That's why Ronaldo is so angry about the all thing.

But that's not important. He thinks he's bigger than the club. Get his ass out

Ronaldo: 5 CL
Juve: 2 CL

maybe he´s right ;-)

Apr 29, 2006
CR7 might be the GOAT, but he can't win games by himself. If the team has problems - go and talk to them behind the scenes, I am certain he would be heard. For whatever reason the board chose Sarri, so please GOAT - do as your shepherd says!!!

If Ronaldo didn't like/doesn't like Sarri - go to the board and tell them - one of us has to go off. I always respected the old Ronaldo because he left any club for a very clear reason. Things don't always work out for the best, but the memories come from battles, not victories.

unnamed

Dec 13, 2015
Calm the fuck down. He just need to rest for a week or two. He will bounce back and become clutch as always. With that said, he deserved to be substituted yesterday.

I hope he will not go for these shit national matches.

Nov 3, 2019
Give him 1-2 months and he will be back to his best. But he cant win the matches on his own anymore like he did in manu and real madrid. Due to age he needs chances and sarri needs to fix this problem. I mean when we play against city, they will create 8-10 big chances against us while we will have 2-3 at this rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 92)