Cristiano Ronaldo (92 Viewers)

May 25, 2019
Ronaldo for some reason insists on taking freekicks and blasts it into the crowd every single time. Its just something we have to put up with as a cost of having him :boh:

its especially annoying when we have Pjanic who is the deadliest direct freekick taker in Europe. At least Dybala still gets to take the ones that favor a left foot as Dybala is miles better than Ronaldo at them.
Yikes, was he not leaning over the ball enough? I can understand why he wants to take them but he needs to be better than that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I don't k ow anymore...seems weird to buy a Icardi for 60m or there abouts pay him high wages and bench him or play him as back up to ronaldo. At the same time icardi isnt the typical CF type Sarri uses.

The question I have is whether ronaldo should be used as the CF or is he still best playing off the CF?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If we're trying to sign Icardi, is it safe to say the rumors of Sarri using Ronaldo as a false 9 aren't true then?
I very much doubt they're true. The big star of Sarri's Napoli wasn't Mertens, it was Insigne and even more so with Chelsea, it wasn't Morata/Giroud/Higuain, it was Hazard. Seems only natural to me that Ronaldo assumes the big creative responsibility and leaves the 9/false9 business to Dybala, Kean, Icardi, Higuain or whatever

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I very much doubt they're true. The big star of Sarri's Napoli wasn't Mertens, it was Insigne and even more so with Chelsea, it wasn't Morata/Giroud/Higuain, it was Hazard. Seems only natural to me that Ronaldo assumes the big creative responsibility and leaves the 9/false9 business to Dybala, Kean, Icardi, Higuain or whatever
Insigne was benched half the time in his Napoli until Mertens moved to false 9. Hazard was a star simply because he is Hazard, not because of his position.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Insigne was benched half the time in his Napoli until Mertens moved to false 9. Hazard was a star simply because he is Hazard, not because of his position.
nah, right from 15/16 when Sarri came Insigne was a starter for Napoli, Mertens himself was a clear bench player until he moved to false 9. but yeah, I agree, for Napoli it might not be as clear cut as it was for Chelsea.

but to me the focal point of the attack in Sarri's system isn't the middle guy, it's the creative guy on the left that's the only one that's allowed relative freedom. that's why I think we should and we will give that role to Ronaldo

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lol. I'm sure Sarri is the reason Hazard was a star.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 72)