Cristiano Ronaldo (55 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Still impressed by the amount of times he finds himself in goalscoring position. He has been unlucky so far, hitting posts frequently. Every player has these kind of spells, a period where goal seems at least half the size. No worries.

Apr 19, 2007
Still impressed by the amount of times he finds himself in goalscoring position. He has been unlucky so far, hitting posts frequently. Every player has these kind of spells, a period where goal seems at least half the size. No worries.
Agreed, His ability to get chances is really incredible and thats with defenders all over him. I cant wait til he goes on one of his runs and starts bagging braces every game

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Paratici: ‘Signing Ronaldo was easy’ | Football Italia
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici reveals it was “quite simple” to sign Cristiano Ronaldo because “there was no real need to convince him”.
The Portuguese superstar joined the Bianconeri in the summer for €100m, a deal which stunned the football world.
There was skepticism when the Italian champions’ interest was first announced, but in reality the transfer was smooth.
“With Cristiano it was quite simple because he already had it in his head to come to Juventus,” Paratici told Sky.
“There was no real need to convince him. I think around May 25, after the Champions League final he decided. He said: ‘if there’s Juve, then I only want Juve’.
“When we met with [agent Jorge] Mendes to talk about Joao Cancelo he told me: ‘you won’t believe this, but Cristiano wants to come to Juventus’.
“I replied: ’it’s not that I don’t believe it, but it seems difficult to make everything fit’.
“President [Andrea] Agnelli is very present in our daily lives, because he’s always with us or at least reachable, so we can easily meet.
“We plan for days, but this wasn’t planned. I said to him: ‘there could be an opportunity, but it’s important you listen to me until the end’.
“When you turn up to his office and tell him you need to buy Cristiano Ronaldo… it was good sporting news, but then there’s the other part. He understood immediately though, and I realised he was already thinking along those lines.
“When I left his office I thought we could get there. Agnelli said ‘give me a day or two to think about it’, but he called me after three hours.
“To draw up all the contracts we rented a villa on Lake Maggiore for a whole day, with all the representatives of Juventus and the player.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marotta must have been against it and perhaps that’s where the divide started and widened too quickly to repair.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the bit that Agnelli rented an island resort just to complete the deal

Talk about stroking the ego of a player. Guarantee you that opened the eyes of a lot of WC players rethinking what they previsouky thought of Juve.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Paratici: ‘Signing Ronaldo was easy’ | Football Italia
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici reveals it was “quite simple” to sign Cristiano Ronaldo because “there was no real need to convince him”.
The Portuguese superstar joined the Bianconeri in the summer for €100m, a deal which stunned the football world.
There was skepticism when the Italian champions’ interest was first announced, but in reality the transfer was smooth.
“With Cristiano it was quite simple because he already had it in his head to come to Juventus,” Paratici told Sky.
“There was no real need to convince him. I think around May 25, after the Champions League final he decided. He said: ‘if there’s Juve, then I only want Juve’.
“When we met with [agent Jorge] Mendes to talk about Joao Cancelo he told me: ‘you won’t believe this, but Cristiano wants to come to Juventus’.
“I replied: ’it’s not that I don’t believe it, but it seems difficult to make everything fit’.
“President [Andrea] Agnelli is very present in our daily lives, because he’s always with us or at least reachable, so we can easily meet.
“We plan for days, but this wasn’t planned. I said to him: ‘there could be an opportunity, but it’s important you listen to me until the end’.
“When you turn up to his office and tell him you need to buy Cristiano Ronaldo… it was good sporting news, but then there’s the other part. He understood immediately though, and I realised he was already thinking along those lines.
“When I left his office I thought we could get there. Agnelli said ‘give me a day or two to think about it’, but he called me after three hours.
“To draw up all the contracts we rented a villa on Lake Maggiore for a whole day, with all the representatives of Juventus and the player.”
These stories are meant to incite someone

Not sure if it's the writers or purposeful trolling by Paratici

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)