Cristiano Ronaldo (46 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I follow an Juve account on Twitter for Juve news and three on matchdays. And glance at FI for Serie A news. As for the rest, it's just all in one place on Reddit. Goals and highlights are there too, so I don't have to go on YT either.

But what Twitter accounts do you follow for other leagues'/general footy news?
Romeo Agresti, Di Marzio, Fabrizio Romano, Gab Marcotti, juvefc.com, the Swiss Ramble, Football Italia, Guillem Balague, James Horncastle, Rafa Honigstein, vecchiasignora.com. I follow others too, but I think these accounts should have you covered for the most part.

Reddit has a lot of bullshit posts that make it to the front page. It’s good for highlights though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Romeo Agresti, Di Marzio, Fabrizio Romano, Gab Marcotti, juvefc.com, the Swiss Ramble, Football Italia, Guillem Balague, James Horncastle, Rafa Honigstein, vecchiasignora.com. I follow others too, but I think these accounts should have you covered for the most part.

Reddit has a lot of bullshit posts that make it to the front page. It’s good for highlights though.
Tarek Khatib, Around Turin, Arjun Pradeep, Adam Digby, Forza Juventus are also worth attention.

Twitter is a shit place for dicussions but really easy platform to keep up with the news.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

:tup: I like those journos too bar overrated Di Marzio..he's ok.

The number of votes usually lets you know if they're worth reading or not, and for the most part, headers are all you need to read. Don't very diff from reading tweets other than votes and having them all in one place IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

They’re just close minded, I agree with you about reddit
Those ragging on Twitter or esp Reddit as a whole like those platforms are new or like ragging on them is still a cool thing...hope they're at least 40 lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Tarek Khatib, Around Turin, Arjun Pradeep, Adam Digby, Forza Juventus are also worth attention.

Twitter is a shit place for dicussions but really easy platform to keep up with the news.
Lol at that Arjun Pradeep guy.

And I've never read a good article by Digby.

Last edited:

james95

Sep 2, 2018
It's great that he's not going for internationals and gets to rest. He's been playing every minute of every game recently so risks burnout. The season is long... although, I don't know if that word can be associated with Ronaldo. Man is nearly on 1000 career games but still playing with the freshness and desire of his 25 year old self.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It's great that he's not going for internationals and gets to rest. He's been playing every minute of every game recently so risks burnout. The season is long... although, I don't know if that word can be associated with Ronaldo. Man is nearly on 1000 career games but still playing with the freshness and desire of his 25 year old self.
The guy has played all games except when he was sent off and yet some people claim our midfielders are tired...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
read the session on reddit and found this is interesting, hadn't heard of the rumor before. anyone knows who it is? I guess they're talking about someone who has played for
Barca or Real.

HippoBigga

150 points·12 hours ago
Thank you for coming to the wonderful /r/soccer for this AMA !
As other people have mentioned, Der Spiegel received a leak containing information about a certain multiple Champions League winner who did not clear a doping test.
Does this surprise you? Do you think doping is prevalent in football? People always discuss the possibility of doping being widespread throughout the sport, just simply covered up. Is this something that you think could be likely?
ReportSave

level 2
derwinterbach

150 points·11 hours ago
Hi, thanks for having us! For media law reasons, we can't give any more precise details about upcoming stories, as it would make it easier for the counterparty to try stopping us from publication. Also, on some topics the research is still going on and we're trying to get a more accurate picture of the story itself, so it would be wrong to share information before publishing. The story ist only ready when it's printed/online...
It would not surprise me, however, if we found out that doping is a huge issue in football. There's just too much money and, to be honest, shady figures involved for it not to be an issue. I can't judge how widespread it is, though.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
read the session on reddit and found this is interesting, hadn't heard of the rumor before. anyone knows who it is? I guess they're talking about someone who has played for
Barca or Real.

HippoBigga

150 points·12 hours ago
As other people have mentioned, Der Spiegel received a leak containing information about a certain multiple Champions League winner who did not clear a doping test.
Does this surprise you? Do you think doping is prevalent in football? People always discuss the possibility of doping being widespread throughout the sport, just simply covered up. Is this something that you think could be likely?
ReportSave

level 2
derwinterbach

150 points·11 hours ago
Hi, thanks for having us! For media law reasons, we can't give any more precise details about upcoming stories, as it would make it easier for the counterparty to try stopping us from publication. Also, on some topics the research is still going on and we're trying to get a more accurate picture of the story itself, so it would be wrong to share information before publishing. The story ist only ready when it's printed/online...
It would not surprise me, however, if we found out that doping is a huge issue in football. There's just too much money and, to be honest, shady figures involved for it not to be an issue. I can't judge how widespread it is, though.
I assume the worst. How is testing carried out in football? Is it done by an independent organization like USADA (in America) or are FIFA/UEFA in charge? The same organizations that helped Manchester City and PSG cheat on FFP and decided that Qatar host the WC? The fact that no player in any big league has failed a drug for years is pretty suspicious I think (maybe someone can correct me here).

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Barca or Real.

HippoBigga

150 points·12 hours ago
ReportSave

level 2
derwinterbach

150 points·11 hours ago
Yeah pretty sure they said themselves that the player either plays for Barca or Real.

Personally, I think it’s more likely to be a player from Barca. One of the infamous doctors that assisted Lance Armstrong - the Tour de France cyclist that was stripped of all his honours due to being caught doping after almost 15 years despite vehemently denying it during the period, was a doctor at Barcelona during the Guardiola era. His name is Eufemanio Fuentes. When questioned on the possibility that Barca players could be doping he simply replied: “If I was to talk, I would be in prison.” He was then later caught to be storing hundreds of blood samples of high profile footballers in his lab that he was supplying banned substances to with many of them playing at Barcelona. He then disclosed how he would help these players prepare for CL games, etc. Eufamnio was subsequently jailed for 1 year and served a 4 year ban from sports science.

Given that Messi needed special substances to overcome his difficulties as a kid to reach where he is today, it wouldn’t surprise me if he continued using such substances..

If it’s a player from Madrid, I don’t see many players it could be apart from CR.

Here’s a link unravelling some of this a little:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/o...g-scandal-as-Operation-Puerto-resurfaces.html

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i also have a similar guess: fuentes might be the link between football and doping. he also worked for nadal and plenty of cyclists. but until it's confirmed, it's just some bar talk.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If suppose CR7 won the Ballon D'Or, would he be due a bonus payment from Real Madrid or Juventus?? Asking cause I have read that many top players have a Best player award bonus or top 3 podium finish bonus included in their employment contract but awards are mid-season and what happens in case of a transfer to different club.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The guy has played all games except when he was sent off and yet some people claim our midfielders are tired...
What @campionesidd said, and hearing of Ronaldo for the first time?

Really can't tell when a player is tired, and is it too hard to believe a midfielder is tired after they play nonstop for two months including internationals and twice a week?

Last time Pjanic was rested was against Sassuolo. That was on Sept 16. Since then, he has played every game for Juve and Bosnia. That's 14 games in a row in less than two months.

I'm sorry but really poor and peculiar post.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
What @campionesidd said, and hearing of Ronaldo for the first time?

Really can't tell when a player is tired, and is it too hard to believe a midfielder is tired after they play nonstop for two months including internationals and twice a week?

Last time Pjanic was rested was against Sassuolo. That was on Sept 16. Since then, he has played every game for Juve and Bosnia. That's 14 games in a row in less than two months.

I'm sorry but really poor and peculiar post.
Except that Pjanic isn’t 33 going on 34 in a couple months nor has he clocked close to 1000 career games. It’s more about foresight for future games rather than him just being tired now.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Except that Pjanic isn’t 33 going on 34 in a couple months nor has he clocked close to 1000 career games. It’s more about foresight for future games rather than him just being tired now.
Same question I asked him: hearing about Ronaldo for the first time?

He was rested by Zidane last season. Before that, used to play every minute of every game. It's not exactly a guarded secret that Ronaldo isn't the typical 33 yo. And not playing int'l games means two weeks worth of rest each time. He has been managed well so far.

And he was arguing that our midfielders aren't tired, not that Ronaldo needs rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 37)

• Gian