Cristiano Ronaldo (95 Viewers)

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Pretty much. I must add, I feel honored to be here with you guys. Juventus is an amazing FC, always has been. But I never felt connections with the club before, I followed mostly CR7 since his move from Sporting to Man UTD.
I decided to join the Forums as I believe Juventus is actually loveable club -> I did not really like Cristiano's move from Man UTD -> RM back then, as I did not fancy all the 'glamour' / 'celebrity' status of Real Madrid, but I stick through it.

For me Cristiano is not just a football player, but if you look at his private life, his documentary, read a book about him.. you will learn much more. Many describe him as arrogant, but it's the opposite. Some 'haters' mistake arrogance with passion. Ronaldo is passionate, as in the pitch as outside of it. He never forgets from where he came, he supports the ones in need not just financially, but also by building infrastructures in towns that need more electrical power plants, roads, schools, etc. The easiest way would be to just throw money to 'agency' that are supposed to help such people, but no - Ronaldo does it by himself. I love the fact that he also takes care about his off-the-pitch career in fashion, the CR7 brand, the CR7 Hotels, etc. He always has his mind set for some goals and fights hard to achieve them. He loves his family, he takes cares of them with full heart, he teaches his eldest son how to be humble, because all the 'fancy cars and houses they have' do not come from sitting on the couch or from Ronaldo's father's pocket - no, he had to earn it, by hard work.

That is why he is also a role model for me in my professional career, even though I have nothing to do with sports in my profession. But the attitude, the passion and mind-set is truly astonishing.

And as said, I am very happy and honored that he chose Juventus this time. I spend entire day watching First Time Juventus documentary, reading this Forums about history of the Club, getting to know Torino city + watched Juventus vs Torino match just to get the feel of how they play against city rivals - and I love every fact of it.

This club has strong players with no celebrity mentality, rather they are fighters on the pitch. Maybe your opinion differs, but please do check Real Madrid and Barcelona players and you will know what i mean by that.

I am new here, but I hope you wont throw every new fan since this transfer into the same trash-can - as I think we will differ with passion for supporting the club.
Welcome :tup:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Pretty much. I must add, I feel honored to be here with you guys. Juventus is an amazing FC, always has been. But I never felt connections with the club before, I followed mostly CR7 since his move from Sporting to Man UTD.
I decided to join the Forums as I believe Juventus is actually loveable club -> I did not really like Cristiano's move from Man UTD -> RM back then, as I did not fancy all the 'glamour' / 'celebrity' status of Real Madrid, but I stick through it.

For me Cristiano is not just a football player, but if you look at his private life, his documentary, read a book about him.. you will learn much more. Many describe him as arrogant, but it's the opposite. Some 'haters' mistake arrogance with passion. Ronaldo is passionate, as in the pitch as outside of it. He never forgets from where he came, he supports the ones in need not just financially, but also by building infrastructures in towns that need more electrical power plants, roads, schools, etc. The easiest way would be to just throw money to 'agency' that are supposed to help such people, but no - Ronaldo does it by himself. I love the fact that he also takes care about his off-the-pitch career in fashion, the CR7 brand, the CR7 Hotels, etc. He always has his mind set for some goals and fights hard to achieve them. He loves his family, he takes cares of them with full heart, he teaches his eldest son how to be humble, because all the 'fancy cars and houses they have' do not come from sitting on the couch or from Ronaldo's father's pocket - no, he had to earn it, by hard work.

That is why he is also a role model for me in my professional career, even though I have nothing to do with sports in my profession. But the attitude, the passion and mind-set is truly astonishing.

And as said, I am very happy and honored that he chose Juventus this time. I spend entire day watching First Time Juventus documentary, reading this Forums about history of the Club, getting to know Torino city + watched Juventus vs Torino match just to get the feel of how they play against city rivals - and I love every fact of it.

This club has strong players with no celebrity mentality, rather they are fighters on the pitch. Maybe your opinion differs, but please do check Real Madrid and Barcelona players and you will know what i mean by that.

I am new here, but I hope you wont throw every new fan since this transfer into the same trash-can - as I think we will differ with passion for supporting the club.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Welcome. Does that mean Juve is the only club in your life? What did you like/dislike about his other clubs.

I must admit it feels odd to welcome a fan of a player but I guess this is a start of a new era and I hope this will make you love this club for what it represents.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

This is the weirdest thing I have ever read on this forum.

I don't even know how I feel about this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Thats what I said before the transfer happened - I said its a small sacrifice to make..
Anyway its not as CR7 is a bad FK taker - He just isnt a great one...
Dybala to me is on par with CR7 FK wise but Pjanic is on a whole new level compared to them...
It's exactly what he is.

Jul 1, 2010
He was a good FK taker at Manchester United and in first couple of years at Real. After that he became pretty bad. He doesn't use his trademark outside of the boot technique that he was using back then these days.

Dybala and Pjanic should still be taking free kicks. I hope he can be reasonable in this respect.

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
Welcome. Does that mean Juve is the only club in your life? What did you like/dislike about his other clubs.

I must admit it feels odd to welcome a fan of a player but I guess this is a start of a new era and I hope this will make you love this club for what it represents. Also, not that i should say it but this club like any other out there will always be bigger than any player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
EDIT: Crap, again a long post - sorry guys! TLDR: Thanks to all who shared welcome to me in previous posts, you are amazing! :flag1:

As for being the only club in my life - yes. I believe some people have time to follow more clubs they support, but I really cannot.. I have a job, family, I am lucky to actively follow one club and it's even better if you really love that club.
So originally I was supporting Man UTD in my teens (Beckham, Giggs), I really like that club and actually still do - but it is unfair to call myself 'supporter' of that club, because I admit, I do not watch their matches anymore - as said before, I simply do not have time to follow all. I guess why I started to like Man UTD is because I was playing football back then too and you know... we all had to have a favorite club / player. For me it was Beckham / Man UTD. And later on CR7 joined them and it was even more amazing experience for me. Cristiano made such an impact on me, that I followed his transfer from Man UTD to RM. Even at the transfer confirmed, I was not happy - of course, I was a Red Devil, but I also did not love the 'celebrity status' of Real Madrid. And during the years I was watching their matches, I learnt also that the second best club in that league (barca) is almost the same and basically these were the only 2 clubs competing for the Top spots in the league, occasionally Athl Madrid would rival them too. Perhaps what I did like about RM is the ability to see all these expensive (not necessary good!) players play in one club and the joy of sharing victories and trophies during this period.

But I havent felt any connection with RM club as I did with Manchester United. But today all the players that made the connection with the Man UTD no longer play for that club, so it was hard to find passion back -> of course, if you support a club you should not stop supporting it due one player's transfer - I get that, but I was in such era that I felt stronger connection with CR7 as he became my role model in life.

Now here I am, with Juve Fans, feels amazing. I admit, I am a bit surprised that you guys are somehow 'against' fans that just came due Ronaldo - because I strongly believe that at your youth, if you are not from the same city as the club you support, you had to have some favorite player that made you stick with chanting for that club. Few exceptions do exists, that probably just watched a random game / heard from their friends that this club is good, and fell in love with the gameplay before knowing any players - but I think this are in all honesty minority. Mostly it all starts with that one player. CR7 is a massively famous (millions of fans) and that is why this 'impact' on Juve Fan base is much larger. But I think the ones who joined these Forums and taking discussions are more serious in supporting Juve as club too - the ones liking Facebook / Instragram pages are probably the ones you would 'not really appreciate'.

Anyhow, what I love about Juventus is that they are winning Serie A consecutively, they made to finals in CL and yet they were not in all global medias / social medias. This means they do not have this 'celebrity status' as I mentioned before - that status s**ks, because then you will see a lot of the fake fans you are mentioning here + players themselves start to act as celebrites instead of professional football players who have passion to win every single match for their club. Cristiano might influence this 'celebrity status' of Juve a bit, but could be that one of his intentions to come here is to lay-off a bit from the cameras and attention and just play good football until end of his career - he mentioned several times he wants to finish on TOP and he wont go to China / US / Qatar or whatever others player do when they want to retire.
Second I love their fighting spirit. I seem to get the feeling that you guys do not like our coach, but in the documentaries I noticed that he is quite strict and passionate about winnings - this is a good thing for me, but perhaps that was all rigged / player by scenario for the series. Anyway, players are fighters, nooone slacks on the field, everyone wants the ball. Chiellini, Cuadrado, Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic are all great warriors on the field. Dybala is probably my favourite Juve player as far as I have seen until now, in this Juve lineup (since CR has not played yet for it). Amazinh youngster, deadly shots on goal, good ball control, good stamina - great guy!
Third the chemistry of the entire Juventus FC is amazing - the first feelings are as if you step into a family. And yes, this is being promoted by every club, but I did not feel it before, here I do. Players stick together, they also interact with their fans, president is also involved in the right merit in decisions.

Lastly, the fans. Without being part of RM you wont ever know how bad it can be. On Facebook there is a picture of, lets say, Marcelo and you would see all comments 'CR7 best in world!', 'Like if you think Ronaldo is better than Messi!', etc. This was really annoying to me, I do admire CR7, but sometimes articles aren't about him and some 'fans' would still bring him up. I do not see this happening here. Seems supports is for every player in this club with no one really sticking out (of course probably also you guys have a special player in Juve, but you are not forcing such statements in every other Topic).

SO these are few things I love about Juve for now, but I am sure there will be more once matches start.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

We don't do that here. You'll face some trollers here and there but they are all lovely.

As for Cristiano as a character, I agree wholeheartedly. The man is all about passion and heart on and off the pitch. I've been watching the game since the 90's and I understand all the nostalgia in some people to claim otherwise, but he is the GOAT without a shadow of a doubt for me. For him to join the club I love was a fantasy that turned into a reality within a week!

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
EDIT: Crap, again a long post - sorry guys! TLDR: Thanks to all who shared welcome to me in previous posts, you are amazing! :flag1:

As for being the only club in my life - yes. I believe some people have time to follow more clubs they support, but I really cannot.. I have a job, family, I am lucky to actively follow one club and it's even better if you really love that club.
So originally I was supporting Man UTD in my teens (Beckham, Giggs), I really like that club and actually still do - but it is unfair to call myself 'supporter' of that club, because I admit, I do not watch their matches anymore - as said before, I simply do not have time to follow all. I guess why I started to like Man UTD is because I was playing football back then too and you know... we all had to have a favorite club / player. For me it was Beckham / Man UTD. And later on CR7 joined them and it was even more amazing experience for me. Cristiano made such an impact on me, that I followed his transfer from Man UTD to RM. Even at the transfer confirmed, I was not happy - of course, I was a Red Devil, but I also did not love the 'celebrity status' of Real Madrid. And during the years I was watching their matches, I learnt also that the second best club in that league (barca) is almost the same and basically these were the only 2 clubs competing for the Top spots in the league, occasionally Athl Madrid would rival them too. Perhaps what I did like about RM is the ability to see all these expensive (not necessary good!) players play in one club and the joy of sharing victories and trophies during this period.

But I havent felt any connection with RM club as I did with Manchester United. But today all the players that made the connection with the Man UTD no longer play for that club, so it was hard to find passion back -> of course, if you support a club you should not stop supporting it due one player's transfer - I get that, but I was in such era that I felt stronger connection with CR7 as he became my role model in life.

Now here I am, with Juve Fans, feels amazing. I admit, I am a bit surprised that you guys are somehow 'against' fans that just came due Ronaldo - because I strongly believe that at your youth, if you are not from the same city as the club you support, you had to have some favorite player that made you stick with chanting for that club. Few exceptions do exists, that probably just watched a random game / heard from their friends that this club is good, and fell in love with the gameplay before knowing any players - but I think this are in all honesty minority. Mostly it all starts with that one player. CR7 is a massively famous (millions of fans) and that is why this 'impact' on Juve Fan base is much larger. But I think the ones who joined these Forums and taking discussions are more serious in supporting Juve as club too - the ones liking Facebook / Instragram pages are probably the ones you would 'not really appreciate'.

Anyhow, what I love about Juventus is that they are winning Serie A consecutively, they made to finals in CL and yet they were not in all global medias / social medias. This means they do not have this 'celebrity status' as I mentioned before. Cristiano might influence this a bit differently, but could be that one of his intentions to come here is to lay-off a bit from the cameras and attention and just play good football until end of his career - he mentioned several times he wants to finish on TOP and he wont go to China / US / Qatar or whatever others player do when they want to retire.
Second I love their fighting spirit. I seem to get the feeling that you guys do not like our coach, but in the documentaries I noticed that he is quite strict and passionate about winnings - this is a good thing for me, but perhaps that was all rigged / player by scenario for the series. Anyway, players are fighters, nooone slacks on the field, everyone wants the ball. Chiellini, Cuadrado, Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic are all great warriors on the field. Dybala is probably my favourite Juve player as far as I have seen until now, in this Juve lineup (since CR has not played yet for it). Amazinh youngster, deadly shots on goal, good ball control, good stamina - great guy!
Third the chemistry of the entire Juventus FC is amazing - the first feelings are as if you step into a family. And yes, this is being promoted by every club, but I did not feel it before, here I do. Players stick together, they also interact with their fans, president is also involved in the right merit in decisions.

Lastly, the fans. Without being part of RM you wont ever know how bad it can be. On Facebook there is a picture of, lets say, Marcelo and you would see all comments 'CR7 best in world!', 'Like if you think Ronaldo is better than Messi!', etc. This was really annoying to me, I do admire CR7, but sometimes articles aren't about him and some 'fans' would still bring him up. I do not see this happening here. Seems supports is for every player in this club with no one really sticking out (of course probably also you guys have a special player in Juve, but you are not forcing such statements in every other Topic).

SO these are few things I love about Juve for now, but I am sure there will be more once matches start.
Are you trolling us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)