Cristiano Ronaldo (178 Viewers)

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
From 10 to 20% max. They pay us annually. We might get some bonus if club sells more than expected.
I think I read like one year ago that Juve bought that clause from Adidas, and can retain 100%. Iirc, it was a deal around 6M. I'll try to find that but don't know how credible it was at the time.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
from what i googled, he earns 200k pounds a week x52 weeks, 10.4M pounds a year gross. so basically what we offered AS then, give or take a little? where do i sign

now youre right about Real not letting him go, he signed his extension until 2022 just months ago. but you never know, there might be a secret clause like with DA :beppe:
Yeah, gentlemans agreement. If Ronaldo ever goes, Marcelo has a clause for 50% of Renaldo's fee to the same club.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
May 26, 2016
So this all wasn’t a dream?

We actually signed Cristiano Ronaldo and we now have a player thread for him :rofl: :touched:

Incredible.
Just too crazy. Meet this cocky Madrid fan today at the gym. He usually always talks shit about Juve. Especially after they narrowly beat us at the Bernabeu last time with that penalty. He just said congrats today, and walked away. Felt really good :lol:

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011

Ronaldo came in No. 2 as the sport’s top earner (and No. 3 among the world’s top athletes) with $108 million, a mere $3 million short of Messi. His contract with Real Madrid pays him over $60 million in salary and bonus for the next three seasons. After a three-peat Champions League victory last month, he cast doubt over his playing future tellingBeIN Sports, “It was very nice to be in Madrid. In the next few days, I will give an answer to the fans who have always been by my side.”

More than a few days have since passed without an answer. One possibility is few clubs can afford him now. Another is fewer can match what he wants (i.e. what his nemesis makes). A likely one is parties are renegotiating for him to stay put.

Whatever the short game is with his contract, the 33-year old Portuguese winger’s long game is strong thanks to his endorsement income. Last year he made $47 million as a human billboard, 34% more than last year. There is no sign of that revenue stream slowing down. One reason why is his lifetime deal with Nike, worth upwards of $1 billion. On top of that, he has a bourgeoning signature line of CR7 underwear, fragrance, jeans, shoes, hotels, soon-to-open restaurants (in Brazil) and recently announced gymnasiums that will last long after his playing days. The gravy: he pitches for Herbalife, Clear shampoo, EA Sports and luggage maker American Tourister, and an array of other regional companies.

One reason the endorsements keep coming is because the Portuguese winger remains the most popular athlete in the world on social media, with 322 million followers combined on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He is also the most active. Through the first five months of 2018, he generated 570 million engagements across the three social networks, more than 370 million ahead of Messi and 270 million ahead of Neymar, per market researcher Nielsen.

“What's so special about Ronaldo's social content, however, is not the sheer quantity of posts across all platforms, but how commercially driven they are. What's even more surprising is how his fans don't seem to mind," said Max Barnett, Global Head of Digital, Nielsen Sports. "Branded content and product endorsements will easily rack up millions of engagements which is one key reason why sponsors love him and will continue to do so as his ever-increasing online fanbase grows."

By Forbes’ estimates, Ronaldo has amassed $750 million over 16 years playing in top-flight European leagues and Messi $640 million over 13 years with Barcelona. They can each surpass $1 billion in earnings on their current contracts, both which expire in June 2021. The first athlete to do this was golfer Tiger Woods, who reached the $1 billion mark in 2009, 13 years after turning professional. (He made $43 million to rank No. 16 on The World's Highest-Paid Athletes.) Brand Beckham is still striving for it, worth over $800 million today.

Okay. This is further proof the move is genius. This article is from a month ago.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christ...rlds-highest-paid-soccer-player/#b57f2197cab2

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
:sergio: full.fan boy mode even with the juve app.

I'll say this though. I'm a third gen juve supporter. Juve is in my blood since I was born. Executive to the official Vancouver Juventus fan club and iv never seen this before. Never a club of fan boys. Weird as fck and quite annoying.

Welcome cristiano. Best wishes and hope you produce the numbers everyone is accustomed to seeing. RIP Merda a new hole that they didnt even know existed. Make nipples realize exactly what they are and always will be, second tier. Shove Lotitos words of no one in serie a can afford is SMS and 1 upped that motherfckr 10 fold. And well Milan can just fck right off. BUT I hope you are ready to work and take note to all you have spoken to in regards to Juventus. This is an institution based on work respect and never give up. Bienvenuto. Fino alla Fine. Ierri oggi domani forza Juve

Attachments

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I mean don't get me wrong, I have part of that logo tatted on me. But this new logo was pure genius. The explanation for it made total sense. How tacky do people look wearing regular clothes or hats with a football logo on it? This logo changes everything.
Right now I’m in New York (for almost 2 weeks now) , most of people are wearing NY hats , but some of them were with “jj” logo , our new logo looks fresh as fuck , love it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I want to believe no. Because no one can deny what hes been able to accomplish. I can see certain players ask for a few mill more. For example higuain who's making 7 a year has zero ground to ask for more. Hes produced goals but hes not a game changer. He scored that goal against Torino. Monaco two seasons ago and last year inter. I'm sure I'm missing a couple more games but thats it. Dybala again a few clutch goals when he came back from injury and beginning of the season was hot but thats it. No one has performed at a consistent level for a few years to be able to say listen I deserve more becuase of this. But then again wtf do I know I'm not a player in that locker room and egos have no boundaries

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Think there will be any tension in the locker room, considering cr7 will be making 25mil more than the next highest paid players???
Non. No word of such in his Real tenure either.

It's simple. Any Juve player who want his type of salary need to score 50+ goals a season (Ronaldo done it 7 seasons), win CL top scorer title 6 years straight.

He and Messi are the best players ever in European club level. Only possible teammate who should warrant to demand their level of salary and be able to get it is Neymar. And he does.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)