Cristiano Ronaldo (86 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Love how hypocritical the Ballon D’Or nominations are. If the World Cup is so important, what the fuck is Benzema doing in the list of nominees. He also scored 5 league goals ffs.
Dzeko scored in both games vs Barcelona (QF), both games vs Liverpool (SF), which they should have won btw, if no ref mistakes, and once vs Shakhtar (the deciding goal, ended 2-2 on aggregate). he carried freakin Roma to a CL semifinal, he cant even make the top 30 lol. only players from Serie A are Ronaldo (transfered in this summer), Alisson (transfered out this summer, conceded 13 goals in 6 CL KO games, 5 in 4 this season), and Mandzukic. a total joke

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Winning the UCL means so many things more for us now... like restore CR7 to the pedestal somes are working so hard to destroy. They aren't even hidden it anymore, the agenda is so clear, first red in ucl, not in the final 3 ballon d'or list... Florentino and his goodfellas have their hands in so many pockets right now, us winning would be a stroke hard to take for them

Oct 2, 2018
You put in a lot of effort in the post, but it's obvious who had the better season. CR7 was the runaway favorite to win the whole thing before he joined Juve. The only reason why Modric and Varane are there is because of the cancerous tumor also known as Florentino Perez.
Man, don´t delude yourself.

CR7 was never the favorite to win this year, and moving to Juve has nothing to do with it.

It is because this year has been a World Cup, and when the votes comes only from France Football (which didn´t happened in the last two editions), the World Cup counts a lot.

Look at Cannavaro Ballon d'or, for gods sake.

CR7 didn´t win his ballons d'or thanks to florentino, he won because he was the best man in a team that won so many Champions.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

CR7 was never the favorite to win this year, and moving to Juve has nothing to do with it.

It is because this year has been a World Cup, and when the votes comes only from France Football (which didn´t happened in the last two editions), the World Cup counts a lot.

CR7 didn´t win his ballons d'or thanks to florentino, he won because he was the best man in a team that won so many Champions.
Don't talk crap. He was the overwhelming bookies favorite until the FIFA Best Awards were announced.
http://www.sportbible.com/football/...llon-dor-looks-very-very-interesting-20180716
These were the odds in mid-July.
Also, this is the third consecutive Ballon D'or that is separate from FIFA. I wouldn't expect a Real Madrid fan to know these things anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Men's_Player
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

the votes dont only come from FF, its journalists voting, but from a lot of different countries. its just FF thats giving out the award. and frankly, its better than when it used to be FIFAs, its just that they trying to act cute now with Modric and Varane, even tho there were better players in both WC and CL

May 26, 2016
The award is losing it's value each year tbh, dont really care, and in the end its just a symbol. Besides , giving the award to the Croatian ratface can be seen as a compassionate form of confidence boost. its a nice touch. Im all for it:baus:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
If a Juve player is involved, sure I care a little. It would be better if wins it for his achievements with Juve , so there's a silver lining if he doesn't win this year.
At the end of the day, it has always been just some Spain circlejerking popularity contest. Is it ridiculous that neither he or Messi were included? I'd say so. But as we have all said previously about this, it's pretty meaningless.

At the end of the day, we all really care about those three trophies I posted above.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
the votes dont only come from FF, its journalists voting, but from a lot of different countries. its just FF thats giving out the award. and frankly, its better than when it used to be FIFAs, its just that they trying to act cute now with Modric and Varane, even tho there were better players in both WC and CL
Nope, the votes only come from France Football. What you're referring to is the "FIFA Ballon D'or" when both the FIFA award and Ballon D'or were merged together..only then did votes come from National Team Captains and Coaches from various countries. The awards are two separate entities again and France Football have ALWAYS prioritised players from World Cup winning sides. Hence why Cannavaro won in 2006 despite Ronaldinho being by far the best player in the world and Ronaldo in 2002 despite barely featuring in the season prior due to injury; Zidane in 1998 because he scored in the WC final and won the tournament despite R9 being by far the best player in the world that year.

History suggests that CR was never gonna win it during a WC year now that it's purely FF running it. Similarly, he and Messi would have 1 BDOR less if the format was still the same in 2014 and 2010. Iniesta/Sneijder would have won 2010 and Neuer - 2014.

FF have their own special panel of journalists/VIP that cast the votes. If it was under the previous format Ronaldo would have probably still won.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't talk crap. He was the overwhelming bookies favorite until the FIFA Best Awards were announced.
http://www.sportbible.com/football/...llon-dor-looks-very-very-interesting-20180716
These were the odds in mid-July.
Also, this is the third consecutive Ballon D'or that is separate from FIFA. I wouldn't expect a Real Madrid fan to know these things anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Men's_Player
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or
yeah but the others weren't in a WC year. Ronaldo should have probably won the UEFA award though. Don't know how they could take that away from him.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nope, the votes only come from France Football. What you're referring to is the "FIFA Ballon D'or" when both the FIFA award and Ballon D'or were merged together..only then did votes come from National Team Captains and Coaches from various countries. The awards are two separate entities again and France Football have ALWAYS prioritised players from World Cup winning sides. Hence why Cannavaro won in 2006 despite Ronaldinho being by far the best player in the world and Ronaldo in 2002 despite barely featuring in the season prior due to injury; Zidane in 1998 because he scored in the WC final and won the tournament despite R9 being by far the best player in the world that year.

History suggests that CR was never gonna win it during a WC year now that it's purely FF running it. Similarly, he and Messi would have 1 BDOR less if the format was still the same in 2014 and 2010. Iniesta/Sneijder would have won 2010 and Neuer - 2014.

FF have their own special panel of journalists/VIP that cast the votes. If it was under the previous format Ronaldo would have probably still won.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/09/04/5b8ea85de5fdea08538b4684.html

i know how the FIFA Balon dor was awarded, it was pure crap. i also know they got separated, no need to remind me. but im also right about how FF awards it, its not just their journalists that are voting ^^^

again to my previous point, Cannavaro, Ronaldo, Zidane all won the WC, and were arguably the tournaments best player. and im all for prefering the WC winning best player when its a close one, but Modric didnt win the WC. how come they dont favorize Griezmann, Varane or Mbappe? 98 Ronaldo won UEFA Cup. Zidane(s team) beat him to the Serie A title and a WC title. Zizou also played a CL final that year. accomplishments have to be looked at, you cant just look at who had the most goals/assists/flashy performances or whatever. 2002 Ronaldos WC was just that good. he was unstoppable and a deserved winner. Zidane won the CL, but wasnt as dominating as Ronaldo was at the WC. he also went out in the group stages of the WC that year, so that was a massive blow to his chances. Cannavaro had his partner (Nesta) injured in the 1st game of the WC. Italy held teams to 2 goals conceded (an own goal and a PK) the entire tournament despite that. they werent the favorite that year either. Buffon being one of the candidates (not exactly top3 but still) tells you how much their defense was valued and given credit for that victory, but Canna especially was simply flawless. Ronaldinho had a very good year (CL and League, but disappointing WC after very high expectations vs Cannavaros WC and League but meh CL) and i admit, this year would be a close one to me, but like mentioned above, give it to the WC winner if its a close one. but neither of these can be compared to Ronaldo vs Modric. neither won the WC ad Ronaldo carried him to a CL title. Modric winning these awards didnt even cross my mind, until i saw him hold that UEFA best player trophy, but somehow he became the overwhelming favorite in peoples mind? i call BS

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
modric is winning these awards and yet nobody really does consider him a superstar player. I would really rather have Pogba in my team. How the hell are u gona market and sell shirts with Modric?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who cares about super star and marketing when one player is at his best twice the impact then the other? Prime Modric dominates you midfield to the point you win CL titles like they are summer cups.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 66)