Cristiano Ronaldo (103 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Ronaldo's lawyer is paid to make such statements so it doesn't come as a surprise.

However, regarding the settlement; it makes enormous sense why Ronaldo would pay it. It was weeks before his imminent departure to Real Madrid which he had been waiting on for over a year after reluctantly remaining at United for the 08/09 season out of respect for Sir Alex Ferguson who had begged him to stay the extra year. Therefore, if such an outrageous, morally in-dignifying allegation was to come out at that point: what he had been dreaming of his ENTIRE life would have immediately been in major jeopardy of not happening. As a result, it's probable that Ronaldo simply didn't want to take any chances so he paid her off to eliminate any small possibility of his dream move to Madrid being ruined as I very much doubt Madrid would have signed him if such serious allegations came out just before they secured his signature. Firstly, it would look bad on the club. Secondly, Florentino Perez already wanted to veto the move as it was sanctioned by the previous president so wasn't his own signing. It would have given him the perfect excuse since he only allowed the Ronaldo purchase to go through because of the boost it had to his popularity in the presidential elections for the club.
Maybe. There are many theories out there now, and who knows which one of them holds any truth. But the best thing Ronaldo got going for him is the fact that the Mayorga lawyers have not been able to put up one shred of hard proof evidence that he actually did what he's accused of. That's what worried me ahead of their press conference, but as soon as that was over it was evident that there was really nothing there. Then you had statements from the pony tail guy that he would get in contact with other women that Ronaldo had slept with or had relationships with. They obviously don't have very much going forward.

Then there is the LVMPD statement from two days ago, underlining very clearly that Ronaldo has not yet been accused of anything. But that they will look into the "evidence which they already have". Evidence which they, themselves, disregarded back in 2009 and advised Mayorga not to base any lawsuit on. They also said that they will "talk to him", but that's standard procedure.

There's even that moment in the Leslie Stovall press conference where he said that Mayorga identified Ronaldo very early on to the police back in 2009, which the LVMPD in an official statement by a spokesperson just a few days ago blatantly denied. Meaning that Stovall and LVMPD don't even agree on certain very important points.

I don't see a single reason to worry here (as of now).

Look, I'm not writing all this just based on what I wish is gonna happen (even though I will admit that I do wish that this case will go away soon). I'm merely pointing out that as of now, Mayorga's lawyers haven't been able to come up with shit, other than mere accusations. Which bodes very well for Ronaldo.

Unless some seriously damning evidence is put forward, I am very confident that this will all go away. Not without putting a major dent in the image of Ronaldo and Juventus, certainly, but it will go away nonetheless.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Maybe. There are many theories out there now, and who knows which one of them holds any truth. But the best thing Ronaldo got going for him is the fact that the Mayorga lawyers have not been able to put up one shred of hard proof evidence that he actually did what he's accused of. That's what worried me ahead of their press conference, but as soon as that was over it was evident that there was really nothing there. Then you had statements from the pony tail guy that he would get in contact with other women that Ronaldo had slept with or had relationships with. They obviously don't have very much going forward.

Then there is the LVMPD statement from two days ago, underlining very clearly that Ronaldo has not yet been accused of anything. But that they will look into the "evidence which they already have". Evidence which they, themselves, disregarded back in 2009 and advised Mayorga not to base any lawsuit on. They also said that they will "talk to him", but that's standard procedure.

There's even that moment in the Leslie Stovall press conference where he said that Mayorga identified Ronaldo very early on to the police back in 2009, which the LVMPD in an official statement by a spokesperson just a few days ago blatantly denied. Meaning that Stovall and LVMPD don't even agree on certain very important points.

I don't see a single reason to worry here (as of now).

Look, I'm not writing all this just based on what I wish is gonna happen (even though I will admit that I do wish that this case will go away soon). I'm merely pointing out that as of now, Mayorga's lawyers haven't been able to come up with shit, other than mere accusations. Which bodes very well for Ronaldo.

Unless some seriously damning evidence is put forward, I am very confident that this will all go away. Not without putting a major dent in the image of Ronaldo and Juventus, certainly, but it will go away nonetheless.
Why would this do anything to our image?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Why would this do anything to our image?
Because, sadly, in 2018, in the minds of many SJW's, Juve will be the club "fielding a rapist", "protecting a rapist" - regardless of any outcome of any criminal or civil trial. We live in an age where mere accusations are enough to tear down a man's reputation.

I do expect MOST of the public opinion to be on Ronaldo's side, though. But there's so many people out there who take accusations at face value.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Because, sadly, in 2018, in the minds of many SJW's, Juve will be the club "fielding a rapist", "protecting a rapist" - regardless of any outcome of any criminal or civil trial. We live in an age where mere accusations are enough to tear down a man's reputation.

I do expect MOST of the public opinion to be on Ronaldo's side, though. But there's so many people out there who take accusations at face value.
The good thing is that we were never going to attract that sort of fan anyways. Most of those types aren't sports fans in the first place, some maybe casually, but even those wouldn't be Juventus/Serie A/Ronaldo fans in the first place. More likely to be an EPL fan.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

Yes of course, having hard time to remember that world is full of morons and fucking metoo bitches.

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The good thing is that we were never going to attract that sort of fan anyways. Most of those types aren't sports fans in the first place, some maybe casually, but even those wouldn't be Juventus/Serie A/Ronaldo fans in the first place. More likely to be an EPL fan.
Unless Ronaldo is convicted, the overwhelming majority of the public opinion will be on Ronaldo's side. I expect very little sympathy for Mayorga.

Her problem is the NDA imo. It looks bad for Ronaldo, but it looks bad for her too. Clearly she didn't care about this guy getting punished for his supposed crime. Instead, she was quick to cash in. That doesn't just make her story weaker (you'd guess most victims of crimes would prefer criminal prosecution), it also means that if it is true she agreed to let a sexual predator off the hook for money. Her post factum prostitution could even be seen as endangering future potential victims.

She doesn't have the sympathy vote in all of this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)