Cristiano Ronaldo (104 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If the document exists and it has ronaldo's signature then things doesn't look to good for him, regardless of how it looks and in what word is made.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
it was out before the napoli game. 3 assists.
yeah but it never developed this much traction. Now all hell has broke loose. SPIEGEL hadn't released their official comprehensive article at that time neither had Nike or EA released statements.

Also, by the nonchalant way he rubbished it on Instagram Live suggests he didn't think/know the reporters would have the significant insight they do.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Attorney client privilege does not extend to a settlement agreement. Especially not when it is signed by two private parties who are obviously not bound by attorney client privilege.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
So that questionnaire is part of the final settlement? Why would anyone do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So that questionnaire is part of the final settlement? Why would anyone do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea. But the questionnaire can't be a document between Ronaldo and his lawyers. Why would it exist? They'd just ask him in person.

If it's Ronaldo filling out a questionnaire by Mayorga's lawyers it isn't protected obviously.

Personally I'm not convinced about its authenticity tbh.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Yeah it would be extremely stupid on Ronaldo's behalf to document such a confession to his very own lawyers never mind to Mayorga's lawyer. HE'd be basically asking to be prosecuted.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I have no idea. But the questionnaire can't be a document between Ronaldo and his lawyers. Why would it exist? They'd just ask him in person.

If it's Ronaldo filling out a questionnaire by Mayorga's lawyers it isn't protected obviously.

Personally I'm not convinced about its authenticity tbh.

In the Spiegel article it is claimed that the document is indeed between Ronaldo lawyers and Ronaldo. Mayorga had only one lawyer, Mary Smith.
from Spiegel article:
...But there is another, much earlier version. It is the document that could have serious consequences for Ronaldo. It was sent via email in September 2009. The sender was a lawyer from Osório de Castro's firm. The recipients were Osório de Castro himself and an additional colleague.
That's why I asked earlier whether this should be protected under attorney client privilege.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In the Spiegel article it is claimed that the document is indeed between Ronaldo lawyers and Ronaldo. Mayorga had only one lawyer, Mary Smith.
from Spiegel article:

That's why I asked earlier whether this should be protected under attorney client privilege.
Then I don't think the authenticity of the document can be guaranteed. And I doubt very much that it is real.

But yes, it would fall under attorney client privilege. Unfortunately that alone would not mean Mayorga can't use it. It would mostly mean Ronaldo's past lawyer has a big problem.

But again, Mayorga would have a tough time proving the document is real imo.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Then I don't think the authenticity of the document can be guaranteed. And I doubt very much that it is real.

Would it be admissible if it were real? If it's sent via email from someone in Ronaldo's lawyer's firm to the said lawyer it must have been obtained through hacking, or a whistle blower. Wouldn't it fall under attorney client privilege either way?

- - - Updated - - -

if the article was between Ronaldo and his lawyer then how the f would Spiegel have obtained access to it?
Football Leaks, they say. I also don't understand how they have multiple versions of it, and they make it sound like they obtained them not at the same time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
if the article was between Ronaldo and his lawyer then how the f would Spiegel have obtained access to it?
Because it was leaked or they hacked into a server.

But why on God's green Earth would Ronaldo's lawyers not only create a highly damning document, but even choose to let it linger around on their servers for years? It makes zero sense.
Would it be admissible if it were real? If it's sent via email from someone in Ronaldo's lawyer's firm to the said lawyer it must have been obtained through hacking, or a whistle blower. Wouldn't it fall under attorney client privilege either way?
I believe under US law it would fall under attorney client privilege and would not be admissible.

But Ronaldo would still be in trouble as I don't think the same goes for Belgium for example. Which begs the question what the situation is like in Portugal (where he could also be sued).

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So how would the lawyers prove the documents are real?

I mean if Ronaldo says that's not me, the onus of proof is on the person who obtained the evidence to prove it's real...which means they would have to admit they obtained illegally.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)