Cristiano Giuntoli (48 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Hard to judge him with a mercato mostly focused on selling. The attempted lukaku swap makes me worried regardless of Allegri's role its reasonable to assume that they're aligned.

Ultimately I'll judge him on the same basis as Marotta:
  • Can he hire the right coach for Juve?
  • No DoF has 100% success rate but, can he make key signings that 10x in value and lift the team to a new level?
  • When mistakes are made, does he recognize it and correct it quickly? Or does he double down/take forever?

He's had no time in charge and no budget. So within a year we will know whether his success at Napoli was a fluke

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hard to judge him with a mercato mostly focused on selling. The attempted lukaku swap makes me worried regardless of Allegri's role its reasonable to assume that they're aligned.

Ultimately I'll judge him on the same basis as Marotta:
  • Can he hire the right coach for Juve?
  • No DoF has 100% success rate but, can he make key signings that 10x in value and lift the team to a new level?
  • When mistakes are made, does he recognize it and correct it quickly? Or does he double down/take forever?

He's had no time in charge and no budget. So within a year we will know whether his success at Napoli was a fluke
Like s4tch said on the previous page, his job isn't to hire the coach, I'm sure he'll have an opinion but this is down to Scanavino, with assistance from Calvo and oversight of Ferrero.

Marotta's role for almost all of his Juve career was CEO so he was directly involved in appointing the coach.

Jul 2, 2006
Imagine believing everything you read in the football tabloids. :lol3:
imagine making a mockery out of yourself by denying something obvious while every single source reported the same thing, even giuntoli and allegri did not refuse when asked by press. you were also a militant allegri supporter until a short while ago. are you hired by some third party which apparently hate juventus to promote every single poisonous idea that hurts the club?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
imagine making a mockery out of yourself by denying something obvious while every single source reported the same thing, even giuntoli and allegri did not refuse when asked by press. you were also a militant allegri supporter until a short while ago. are you hired by some third party which apparently hate juventus to promote every single poisonous idea that hurts the club?
only a very disturbed person would have that avatar

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Like s4tch said on the previous page, his job isn't to hire the coach, I'm sure he'll have an opinion but this is down to Scanavino, with assistance from Calvo and oversight of Ferrero.

Marotta's role for almost all of his Juve career was CEO so he was directly involved in appointing the coach.
Fair enough. My point is that this mercato doesnt reveal much about him given the money and time constraints.

To your point about his responsibilities vs his bosses: Hard to say where his responsibilities end and another's begin, we will have to assume that management is a unit and they will share the successes and failures. He found success within the management group of Napoli and as a group they all shared the success. Marotta found success with Agnelli and co, and made us believe Agnelli was competent it was only later when Beppe left that we came to understand how much of a difference maker he probably was.

Beppe found success again with whomever is at Inter (no idea who they are) and they sharing the success. Tici failed here (when given the top job) and at Spurs, and shares the failure with Levy and Agnelli.

In short, we expect them to work together and can judge them collectively and individually by the final output. If he fails here but succeeds everywhere else then we have more data to discern who's good and who's shit but until then they are all accountable to the results.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Believing tabloid rumours about something that never happened and no one in the club ever even hinted at. :lol:

Jul 2, 2006
What swap?

You, the eternal conspiracy theorist and anti-mainstream thinker, believing the dogshit rumours of the MSM? You actually think that a negotiation was actually advanced? Pathetic bro.
I know it is the most inexcusable and stupid deal but trying to sweep it under the carpet is even more stupid. he agreed to pay 10 million and 3 years of contract for lukaku. he tried to make it happen by giving vlahovic away. inter told lukaku to fuck off and closed the door for good right after that. no need to pretend here, nothing good comes of it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I know it is the most inexcusable and stupid deal but trying to sweep it under the carpet is even more stupid. he agreed to pay 10 million and 3 years of contract for lukaku. he tried to make it happen by giving vlahovic away. inter told lukaku to fuck off and closed the door for good right after that. no need to pretend here, nothing good comes of it.
Cool story bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The only reason we didn’t swap Lukaku with Dusan is because Chelsea refused. Even when we were willing to pay his full salary and give him a three year contract. Then Chelsea went ahead and sent Lukaku on a one year loan to Roma who didn’t even put an option in the contract. We are so lucky that Chelsea were looking out for our best interests.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
The only reason we didn’t swap Lukaku with Dusan is because Chelsea refused. Even when we were willing to pay his full salary and give him a three year contract. Then Chelsea went ahead and sent Lukaku on a one year loan to Roma who didn’t even put an option in the contract. We are so lucky that Chelsea were looking out for our best interests.
It's beside the point, but I recall there being an option in there. It's way too high though, Roma will never activate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 39)