Cristian Romero (11 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
we spent 26m in 2019
We gave it on loan with option to Atalanta in 2020 for 2,32+16m which means for a big total 18.32m
Meaning minus -7.68m in 2years saved by amortization.

This just such a bad business.
How about Sturaro for 18 million?
What was his real value?

Why don't you say that we bought Romero for 26 because we sold Sturaro for 18?
Unless you want to say that's Ruru's real value.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How about Sturaro for 18 million?
What was his real value?

Why don't you say that we bought Romero for 26 because we sold Sturaro for 18?
Unless you want to say that's Ruru's real value.
Do you think Romero was worth 16M in 2020? After a 2 year loan, no less?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Do you think Romero was worth 16M in 2020? After a 2 year loan, no less?
How much would you value a defender after a poor year in Genoa, with no chance of starting for us?
For example, how much would you value an obscure Seria A defender from Genoa, like Davide Biraschi, for example?

Also you ask me this, in the actual context.
If he flopped this year we wouldn't have this discussion wouldn't we?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
How much would you value a defender after a poor year in Genoa, with no chance of starting for us?
For example, how much would you value an obscure Seria A defender from Genoa, like Davide Biraschi, for example?

Also you ask me this, in the actual context.
If he flopped this year we wouldn't have this discussion wouldn't we?
Why did we give up on Romero we should have kept some kind of option on him the problem is he would be fourth choice defender here

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He was 21-22, he may not be great but the potential was there. Also you are giving him to a team that is known to develop players, and you give them a cheap option after a 2 year period. Even if you believe his value is 16M, there were better ways to use him. Not giving Atalanta an option, ask for percentege of future sale, use him in a swap or insert a buyback. We did the worst possible scenario

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He was 21-22, he may not be great but the potential was there. Also you are giving him to a team that is known to develop players, and you give them a cheap option after a 2 year period. Even if you believe his value is 16M, there were better ways to use him. Not giving Atalanta an option, ask for percentege of future sale, use him in a swap or insert a buyback. We did the worst possible scenario
As I said in hindsight it is a bad business.
Also the market dicatates the condition of the transfer. We wanted plusvalenza so we probably had no leverage in the deal.

I doubt that if we found a better offer we would have said no, just so he can end up in Atalanta.
Bad management and Covid made us sell players that we probably should have kept like Romero, Spinazzola.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As I said in hindsight it is a bad business.
Also the market dicatates the condition of the transfer. We wanted plusvalenza so we probably had no leverage in the deal.

I doubt that if we found a better offer we would have said no, just so he can end up in Atalanta.
I have no issue with him ending up in Atalanta, just the way it happened. But we always do this, we never sell on our terms. Its irritating

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I have no issue with him ending up in Atalanta, just the way it happened. But we always do this, we never sell on our terms. Its irritating
That's because of our financial constraints. Someone pointed that, how come Man utd or Chelski can afford to send players on loan on their conditions.
The answer is always MONEY.
Much more than us unfortunately.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's because of our financial constraints. Someone pointed that, how come Man utd or Chelski can afford to send players on loan on their conditions.
The answer is always MONEY.
Much more than us unfortunately.
I think its part that, but also our policy. Clubs know they can screw us so they do it. If we had the right attitude from the beginning it wouldnt be happening

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think its part that, but also our policy. Clubs know they can screw us so they do it. If we had the right attitude from the beginning it wouldnt be happening
Could be. We can try a hard stance policy (my way or the highway), but that works as long as we don't need plusvalenza. If we do need that the sometime down the road we become desperate and lose all levarage.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Could be. We can try a hard stance policy (my way or the highway), but that works as long as we don't need plusvalenza. If we do need that the sometime down the road we become desperate and lose all levarage.
You can make plusvalenza in other ways. If you sell guys like Alex Sandro, Bonucci, Khedira, Matuidi, Benatia, Szczesny, Dybala, D. Costa, Berna.... at the right time. If your timing of selling is right, you can manage to avoid losing young upcoming guys like Cancelo, Spinazzola, Kean for balancing your books. But that again comes down to club policy. Either way, we suck at this

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You can make plusvalenza in other ways. If you sell guys like Alex Sandro, Bonucci, Khedira, Matuidi, Benatia, Szczesny, Dybala, D. Costa, Berna.... at the right time. If your timing of selling is right, you can manage to avoid losing young upcoming guys like Cancelo, Spinazzola, Kean for balancing your books. But that again comes down to club policy. Either way, we suck at this
Kean was already in his final 12 months of his contract so we had to sell or get 0 for him, Cancelo clearly didn't have the right attitude, had to go. I do like how people forget how we made a big profit on players like Emre Can though...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Kean was already in his final 12 months of his contract so we had to sell or get 0 for him, Cancelo clearly didn't have the right attitude, had to go. I do like how people forget how we made a big profit on players like Emre Can though...
How much was Emre Can's sign on fee to join us?

I'm confident if we wanted Kean to stay he'd have signed a contract. There have been plenty of interviews suggesting that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have literally sold all our promising young talent. I’m sure if Tootsie roll was still here we’d be selling the Fag, etc for peanuts this summer too.

We should absolutely have Kean and Spinazzola in our side right now and an option on Romero. Stupid business.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Turin, 5 September 2020 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement has been finalized with Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. for a two-season loan, until 30 June 2022, of the registration rights of the player Cristian Romero for a consideration of € 2 million to be paid during current financial year. The agreed consideration might be increased up to € 2 million upon achievement of certain sportive performance objectives over the two-season period. The agreement also provides Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. with the option right for the definitive acquisition of the player at a price of € 16 million to be paid in three financial years.

What does the bold part mean? Does it refer to individual or team achievments?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Turin, 5 September 2020 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement has been finalized with Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. for a two-season loan, until 30 June 2022, of the registration rights of the player Cristian Romero for a consideration of € 2 million to be paid during current financial year. The agreed consideration might be increased up to € 2 million upon achievement of certain sportive performance objectives over the two-season period. The agreement also provides Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. with the option right for the definitive acquisition of the player at a price of € 16 million to be paid in three financial years.

What does the bold part mean? Does it refer to individual or team achievments?
Probably we get more money if they achieve wished results. It says up to 2M, so it depends if they qualify for EL or CL. I guess qualifying for CL gives us the full 2M, EL givey you 1M, and not qualifying gives you nothing (for example)

Basically: 2M for a 2 year loan
Another 0-2M depending on how their results are in those 2 seasons
16M option to buy

Edit: sporting objectives, it indicates its team achievements

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Pretty much. His performances for Genoa were cack a that time weather because he was surounded with poor teamates or because he isn't that reliable in a 4 man defense , who knows?
People here thinking we lost money seeing man utd wants to pay 45 million when we all know that if he stayed he would have rotten on the bench , probably turn into another Rugano over time.

- - - Updated - - -
Really poor Comparison and omen. Romero could never become a Rugani because he is too good for that, hence he got sent to one of the best clubs in Italy and has had a great season.

Rugani on the other hand has been rotting in Empoli and Cagliari

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Really poor Comparison and omen. Romero could never become a Rugani because he is too good for that, hence he got sent to one of the best clubs in Italy and has had a great season.

Rugani on the other hand has been rotting in Empoli and Cagliari
I remember there is Rugani interest from Chelsea the season Sarri go there. The value is around 30-40m. We should take it back then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)