Cristian Romero (8 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
what was the benefit to Juventus for letting this player go?

like what did we get out of it in the long run?
He helped us with selling Ruru for 18 million.

As I said before, here is the general consensus of Tuz last year.

Not that I am defending tici. His time was up but:
Some quotes from last summer.

Sell quick

Kulusevski to add to Romero's embarrassment

Unfortunately there's no point in him returning until 2021, presuming Chiellini retires. Look how many minutes Rugani gets.

The way Lukaku skinned him with his second goal though

Sell, he would never play. Or use in another deal

Plusvalenza.

Use Coccolo as 5th CB.

If we need a 5th CB go for Masiello. Hes HG for Serie A and unlike Rugani, can play as a fullback as well

Have fun. Start from page 15 to see the general consensus on Romero before he started to perform for Atalanta.

Have fun:snoop:

People easily forget that he was considered our 5th defender last year and would have played very few minutes if he stayed.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Sell quick

Unfortunately there's no point in him returning until 2021, presuming Chiellini retires. Look how many minutes Rugani gets.

Plusvalenza.

Use Coccolo as 5th CB.

If we need a 5th CB go for Masiello. Hes HG for Serie A and unlike Rugani, can play as a fullback as well

Have fun. Start from page 15 to see the general consensus on Romero before he started to perform for Atalanta.

People easily forget that he was considered our 5th defender last year and would have played very few minutes if he stayed.
Whenever I watched him at Genoa he came across as over-aggressive red-card-waiting-to-happen kind of defender. We decided to go with Demiral for that role.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Whenever I watched him at Genoa he came across as over-aggressive red-card-waiting-to-happen kind of defender. We decided to go with Demiral for that role.
Pretty much. His performances for Genoa were cack a that time weather because he was surounded with poor teamates or because he isn't that reliable in a 4 man defense , who knows?
People here thinking we lost money seeing man utd wants to pay 45 million when we all know that if he stayed he would have rotten on the bench , probably turn into another Rugano over time.
Like Juve would have the patiance to develop Romero when we don't have the patiance with Demiral who BTW looks like a better defender overall.

- - - Updated - - -

We should start adding buy-back clauses when we sell potentially good players, not just let them go for peanuts.
For that to happen we need to be better managed overall.
We must decrease our loses and stop being in a position to need to sell players to compensate our revenue stream.
After that we can probably be in a position to sell/loan players on our terms.

The first step was made by not extendig tici. Hopefully the next one knows what he is doing to redress the situation.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Which fits the exact description you had of Romreo lol

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Which fits the exact description you had of Romreo lol
That was the point of the post. We were looking at raw physical defenders, since we saw how awful Rugani was. Honestly Demiral looked more mature between the two.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That was the point of the post. We were looking at raw physical defenders, since we saw how awful Rugani was. Honestly Demiral looked more mature between the two.
It's unfortunate the one we chose destroyed his knee for a season. we have the worst luck.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's unfortunate the one we chose destroyed his knee for a season. we have the worst luck.
My memory is rusty but iirc Zaniolo tore ACL in the same match, and there were discussions on the media on how Olimpico pitch was to blame. There was a rugby match in Olimpico a few days before that game. Current football governing bodies currently strip billion dollar organizations of necessary decision making powers, and then play victim when the idea of TSL is presented.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My memory is rusty but iirc Zaniolo tore ACL in the same match, and there were discussions on the media on how Olimpico pitch was to blame. There was a rugby match in Olimpico a few days before that game. Current football governing bodies currently strip billion dollar organizations of necessary decision making powers, and then play victim when the idea of TSL is presented.
I think your memory is accurate.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Sell quick

Plusvalenza.

Use Coccolo as 5th CB.

People also forget Romero was a very young CB at a very poor defending club in Genoa. Too quick to judge perhaps. Just like now, it’s probably too early to tell just what level he will reach in the end, but he looks very promising and had a fantastic year.

It was a poor sale. Too early after buying him. Not the end of the world, of course. But silly nonetheless given the age of two of our four CBs.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Buyback Clauses abolished in italy
Since when?

- - - Updated - - -

Sell quick

Plusvalenza.

Use Coccolo as 5th CB.

Well he still wouldnt play here i think, his playing style is good for that system. But we sold him for peanuts, thats the problem

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Sell quick

Plusvalenza.

Use Coccolo as 5th CB.

People also thought Sarri was a good appointment, Arthur was a top midfielder and last year's mercato was an 8/10.

Plenty thought otherwise.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
We should start adding buy-back clauses when we sell potentially good players, not just let them go for peanuts.
English clubs did better when it come to sell. We give Romero loan + option for only aroun 16m

At the same time Chelsea do loan + option around 28m for their benchwarmer Tomori.

And Man Utd do loan without option for Lingard and now they asked around 30m or more for their benchwarmer after his good several matches performances in West Ham

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem is we didn't get any money for him somehow.

Physical tools are there. That's the reason Paratici bought him in the first place. Fast, athletic, aggressive CBs are hard to find. But before Atalanta, he looked poor. Still to this day hasn't played regularly in a conventional defence so the jury is still out until then.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
English clubs did better when it come to sell. We give Romero loan + option for only aroun 16m

At the same time Chelsea do loan + option around 28m for their benchwarmer Tomori.

And Man Utd do loan without option for Lingard and now they asked around 30m or more for their benchwarmer after his good several matches performances in West Ham
Everything is inflated for English teams, including what they buy for. Agents and clubs aren't stupid. If we had been selling Romero directly to United he would have gone for a lot more, but we did this weird tied in deal with Atalanta.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Since when?

- - - Updated - - -

Well he still wouldnt play here i think, his playing style is good for that system. But we sold him for peanuts, thats the problem
We sold him for peanuts in this actual context,where Atalanta developed him.

Last year most members agreed that it was a good price for a 5th defender and that he wasn't cut out for Juve.
Just read from page 15 onward to see some opinions.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
We sold him for peanuts in this actual context,where Atalanta developed him.

Last year most members agreed that it was a good price for a 5th defender and that he wasn't cut out for Juve.
Just read from page 15 onward to see some opinions.
we spent 26m in 2019
We gave it on loan with option to Atalanta in 2020 for 2,32+16m which means for a big total 18.32m
Meaning minus -7.68m in 2years saved by amortization.

This just such a bad business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)