Cristian Romero (5 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So apparently he extended the contract till 2025 before he left.

Considering Atalanta will buy him out in two years, what will be his book value at the time?

In the end it's everything we already knew: Juve overpaid for him, so then you can't find a buyer. Atalanta was ready to offer 20m, so this book-bullshit thing is set up only to sell without a loss.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
So apparently he extended the contract till 2025 before he left.

Considering Atalanta will buy him out in two years, what will be his book value at the time?

In the end it's everything we already knew: Juve overpaid for him, so then you can't find a buyer. Atalanta was ready to offer 20m, so this book-bullshit thing is set up only to sell without a loss.
If his original contract was 5 years then his value in 2022 will be 10.4mln

But, I am not really sure how depreciation works in case of contract extensions, maybe @s4tch can help us.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And yet here we are, with Rugani still at the club. :baus:
That guy and his agent are exploiting the advantage of being home-grown.
No other team would hand out multiple contract extensions in a year for a player as bang average as this guy. He will never get a similar contract elsewhere so might as well stay on the bench and leech millions off the club.
Seems Khedira has taught him well.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

But, I am not really sure how depreciation works in case of contract extensions, maybe @s4tch can help us.
It just reduces the amount written off each year e.g. if his contract ran until 2024 and his purchase price would be written off equally from the point of purchase to bring it down to zero in 2024. If his contract now runs to 2025 then his purchase price would be written off over a longer period (as 2025 is later than 2024), meaning less written off each year.

Basically it means less plusvalenza when we sell him (as his value will be higher at that point than previously) but will mean less of a hit each year through our accounts until that point as we are writing off less each year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No other team would hand out multiple contract extensions in a year for a player as bang average as this guy. He will never get a similar contract elsewhere so might as well stay on the bench and leech millions off the club.
I know we still have some time left on the market to operate but the fact Sami & Higuain, for example, are still here is worrisome. We still have so many players to cut. Yikes.

(I know the Inter Miami thing for Higuain but we still gotta make an agreement with him)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

to put it simply, it's the same way that it does without extension. you take the initial book value, and you divide it with the length of the contract in years, that's your yearly depreciation. the only difference is that with a new player, your book value is the purchase fee + some other selected expenses like agent fees and stuff, while with an extension, it's the already depreciated, current book value (plus eventual selected expenses).

romero's current book value is around 22,8, and if we extend with a further year, his depreciation will be 22,8/5=4,56m (instead of the original 5,3-5,4m). in two years, his book value will be 22,8-2x4,56=13,68, so we'll make an eventual tiny plusvalenza two years from now if atalanta take their 2m option. also, while his yearly depreciation is 4,56 from now on, we don't have to pay him any salary, but atalanta will pay us 2m + 2m in bonuses, so he'll cost us zero cash flow, bring in 2m in cash flow, and will have a negative effect of 4,56-2m on the financial result. (didn't check the latest report, so i might be slightly wrong on some of the numbers, but as an estimate, it should be fine.)

i reckon it's damage control at this point. without covid, i don't think we would have let him go so cheap.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rugani is not club home grown, Immobile is not club home grown. They dont count as one in CL, where it matters (didn't spend 3 uninterrupted years in club before 21). Just domestically in Serie they count as 1.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
i think we are retaining a buy-back option on him just in case he turns class and this was probably the only way we could compromise with Atalanta giving him back for cheap to us, plus ofc some other 'balancing the book' details we probably know nothing about that might have worked in this formula.

Anyway, agreed, very odd way to do it regardless.
I expect this
If it's an option to buy, we should have buy back option
Or we might get Atalanta's player with the same formula loan + option to buy for Hateboer or Gosens

Problem with Romero is that he isn't Italy homegrown or club homegrown. And we already short of Italy homegrown or club homegrown for Serie A (8 from 25 squad players) and CHL (4 club + 4 Italy). For 5th choice of CB after De Ligt, Demiral, Bon, Chiellini at least Rugani is Italy homegrown. And Romero still easier to sell this season

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Rugani is not club home grown, Immobile is not club home grown. They dont count as one in CL, where it matters (didn't spend 3 uninterrupted years in club before 21). Just domestically in Serie they count as 1.
Youre right but Immobile is for us iirc. 2007-2010 he played for our youth. Not sure if it was loans or we owned him

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
So let me get this..

1. 2 year loan
2. No obligation of buy
3. If they decide to buy him we will get 20 million when we bought him in 26 million + 5 million in bonus

and to top it all... we now have to keep Rugani...

AWFUL Business

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Youre right but Immobile is for us iirc. 2007-2010 he played for our youth. Not sure if it was loans or we owned him
We signed him 2008, for him to count as full homegrown it needed to be 3 straight years at the club uninterrupted before 21. But two years later, 2010 we loaned him out to Siena, first of nonstop loans til we sold him.

Jul 3, 2020
I must say after watching Atalanta last night Romero looked very good. The fact that Gasp is starting him in the middle in a CL game tells you how Romero is viewed by Gasp. I’ll be watching him closely this season

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Keeping Bonucci and selling Romero will go down as a mistake IMO

Bonucci might be great with the ball, but Romero is more dominant in the air and a better tackler. He’s also over a decade younger.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Keeping Bonucci and selling Romero will go down as a mistake IMO

Bonucci might be great with the ball, but Romero is more dominant in the air and a better tackler. He’s also over a decade younger.
Hate to say it but Romero would not even get anywhere near the starting line up right now, bonucci will always be a preference to any manager for whatever reasons I don't know, chiellini is captain, de ligt must play, demiral is better than romero and danilo has not put a foot wrong so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)