Cristian Romero (6 Viewers)

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
So how do we rate this guy? Haven't seen enough of him side from YouTube videos to have a good idea.
Know him from his days in Belgrano, there he was a very respected up and coming defender, and used frequently before he went to Europe. He is very gritty and physical and a decent tackler. In Genoa i didnt see him that regularly but from what i know is that he did well, including against us.

Im not sure he would be ready for the first team yet, but i rate him higher than Rugani, if that says anything.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
How come he didn't make the Argentina Copa squad? I barely know any CB other than Otamendi there, is he not rated in Argentina? My doubts are mainly because of the Sturaru transfer fee and whether this is a consequent forced transfer, haven't seen much of him.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
How come he didn't make the Argentina Copa squad?
Because the National Team is a mess, besides that he is not that established yet. Guy is only 21. He just went to Europe and is settling in.

What i do like about him though, is that he plays with a lot of intensity, takes responsibility and does not shy away from duels. All good things for a good defender to have. If he can improve tactically, i think he can be useful for us.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
puzzling how this guy is 2 years older than de Ligt and the same age as Demiral, but compared to those 2 he's still a boy physically
He might look/be smaller , but he is tough guy , it's not like I've watched him alot , but when he played against Juve he even "bullied" Mandzukic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
How come he didn't make the Argentina Copa squad? I barely know any CB other than Otamendi there, is he not rated in Argentina? My doubts are mainly because of the Sturaru transfer fee and whether this is a consequent forced transfer, haven't seen much of him.
Argentina don't know their arse from their elbow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Messi no likes

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
At least we know why they paid 20m for Sturaro:

Demiral at €18m good enough to play here.
Romero at €26-30m still needs refining.

Still very cheap if he is good enough next year. Imagine next year if we lineup with: de Ligt and Demiral, with Romero and Rugani on the bench. Chiellini retiring and Bonucci off somewhere else. That generation transition happened rather quickly!

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Still very cheap if he is good enough next year. Imagine next year if we lineup with: de Ligt and Demiral, with Romero and Rugani on the bench. Chiellini retiring and Bonucci off somewhere else. That generation transition happened rather quickly!
hell no, please no. I'm hoping for 2 more seasons with Giorgio.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

It's more like Romero 26-30 - Sturaro 18-20 = Romero 8-10 :)
Good signing. Keeps our books balanced.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)