Crisis in 98/99! (1 Viewer)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Our defense has underperformed this year, normally, it is Juve's strong point as we hardly concede goals and win by 1-0 or 2-0 margins

Aug 1, 2003
Kily Gonzalez IS good! At least he was in Spain :stuckup:

And Birindelli, although not outstanding, could come in very very handy. As a sub and when needed, he gets the job done. I won't sell him.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Our defense has underperformed this year, normally, it is Juve's strong point as we hardly concede goals and win by 1-0 or 2-0 margins
Yeah, you're right. We've conceded 34 goals this year while Milan has 19 and Roma- amazing 14. Roma also scored more than Milan- 62 vs 57.

Going back to Juve, I don't think it's plain defence's fault. I think poor performance of both defense and midfield (caused mainly by injuries) lead to our downfall.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
If our defense can match that of Milan and Roma, we would've won more games and be up there with them!

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Kily Gonzalez IS good! At least he was in Spain :stuckup:

And Birindelli, although not outstanding, could come in very very handy. As a sub and when needed, he gets the job done. I won't sell him.
kily was good and nobody wants to sell birindeli. i am just sayin that becoz our central defence is crap we have to play thuram central and Biri as a starter full-back. buy a defender or two and put biri in the bench where he is supposed to stay

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Majed .

Good post!
:thumb:.

Here are 3 major reasons why I believed Juve strugged in 98/99.

1) Del Piero's injury. (Some of you guys may not believe it but he was the best Juve player prior to injury and probably with the exception of healthy Ronaldo back then the best player in the world).

2) Lippi saga
He publicly stated that it was his last season, which meant he lost the commitment from his players not to mention distractions that followed.

3) Loss of form by Zizou.
As I can recall, Zizou was extremely poor in that season and showing some signs of burning out.
chaotic
Next season, we had new coach with his position secured, Alex came back but not as good, and Zizou returned to his best.
If Alex was half as good as his pre-injury form, we would have won the title. So in the transfer market, we only had to modify certain areas in the team such as side position, and back up attacker.

The situation is different in the sense that
1) The loss of form by other top players is more to do with age than burning out
2) We dont have any player to comeback from major injury
3) Our managerial system isnt chaotic
4) We dont have fundamental area to build on (Lotti had defence and midfield as a starting point)

Which means that internal solution to our decline is limited, and more drastic change is needed.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Didnt you know what is MOGGI saying?

" There not will be drastic changes in the summer market this season for Juve"
"We will buy two or three not expensive players and that will be all"

Then dont expect major changes....

May 17, 2003
HAhahahahahaha
OMG!!! I can't beleave you trust Moggi that much!!
You know Moggi, he says something, and does the complete opposite...
Never be assure of wat Moggi says...I thought You'd know that by now..:confused::confused:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
do you think we have money to spend? why then are we selling trez? didnt you look at the news saying that we are red numbers in 22 million euros?

We will see who has the reason...

Aug 1, 2003
well biri does well sometimes on the right don bes, but I am still reluctant to put Thuram on the centre as I prefer him on the right. But seeing that even when he's on the right he's not functioning, we could give that a try ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)