Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I downloaded CS:CZ and i'm very disappointed. I guess I shouldn't have expected so much, since the CZ project changed hands between 3 or 4 different developers. I was a huge CS fan back in the heyday, and was very excited at the prospect of a non-linear single player game with dynamic AI and intelligent squad members.

The original concept was earning money for doing missions, and bonus cash for side objectives like e.g. getting 50% or more headshots or using only a pistol. You could also choose whichever mission you wanted to do, and replay them to try and improve your time/money bonus for a particular mission.

Then you were supposed to be able to go to your squad page and upgrade their armour, also upgrading their abilities as they gain experience e.g. improving their marksmanship or demolitions skills. So theoretically, you could make one member an awesome sniper and work solely on his shooting skills. Sounds pretty cool eh?

Then came the disappointment. When i fired up the game, I was expecting all of the above things. What did I get? A linear, story-driven game where you get very little choice with regards to what you want to do and which missions you play. There was no squad of counter-terrorists to back you up, no squad upgrade screen in sight... also, there was another thing i can't stand in first person shooters: A PLATFORM JUMPING and "find your way to the exit" COMPONENT :fero:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Then you were supposed to be able to go to your squad page and upgrade their armour, also upgrading their abilities as they gain experience e.g. improving their marksmanship or demolitions skills. So theoretically, you could make one member an awesome sniper and work solely on his shooting skills. Sounds pretty cool eh?
that sounds nice

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

that sounds nice
Indeed it does, but imagine my disappointment when my 3.54 gig download finished, I fired it up, and it was nothing more than a new storyline :wallbang::fero:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Actually, knowing propoganda these days, the flag is probably gonna fall down and impale him to serve as a reminder for all who oppose the mighty States

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Is it similar to the old CS?
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I downloaded CS:CZ and i'm very disappointed. I guess I shouldn't have expected so much, since the CZ project changed hands between 3 or 4 different developers. I was a huge CS fan back in the heyday, and was very excited at the prospect of a non-linear single player game with dynamic AI and intelligent squad members.

The original concept was earning money for doing missions, and bonus cash for side objectives like e.g. getting 50% or more headshots or using only a pistol. You could also choose whichever mission you wanted to do, and replay them to try and improve your time/money bonus for a particular mission.

Then came the disappointment. When i fired up the game, I was expecting all of the above things. What did I get? A linear, story-driven game where you get very little choice with regards to what you want to do and which missions you play. There was no squad of counter-terrorists to back you up, no squad upgrade screen in sight... also, there was another thing i can't stand in first person shooters: A PLATFORM JUMPING and "find your way to the exit" COMPONENT :fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)