Costacurta: “Juventus shouldn’t have gone to Serie B" (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Costacurta condemns Calciopoli
Saturday 5 August, 2006
Billy Costacurta believes Juventus should not have been demoted to Serie B for the Calciopoli scandal, but would gladly welcome Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the side.

“Juventus shouldn’t have gone to Serie B. The club was penalised too harshly, while the real people responsible didn’t pay as much as they should’ve. Those who ended up paying the price were the clubs, fans, sponsors and players. It’s all down to two people and the rule about indirect responsibility should be scrapped,” said the defender.

The Bianconeri were demoted, stripped of two titles and ordered to start the next season with a 17-point penalty. Lazio and Fiorentina were also originally sent to Serie B, but brought back up on appeal, while Milan’s penalty was cut from 15 points to eight.

The 2005-06 Scudetto was assigned to Inter by default after the shake-up, a decision that the long-time Rossoneri star supports.

“I think it was right to give the title to Inter, as in the light of the verdicts there was no other alternative, although in my view Milan deserved it more. I was irritated by Roberto Mancini’s comments, because it is not 'The Scudetto of the honest people.’ It is a result created by the trial, nothing more. All the players are honest here.”

Juve’s demotion has seen many stars move away and Zlatan Ibrahimovic looks set to follow. Milan are said to be closing in on a deal for the Swede, who was fined by the Bianconeri for refusing to attend a friendly match on Friday.

“Should we sign Hernan Crespo or Ibrahimovic? I really like Hernan, but in football terms I am totally in love with Ibrahimovic. I have to say Gourcuff impressed me in training. I may be exaggerating, but he has a touch that reminds me of Zinedine Zidane.”

Milan’s adjusted punishment has allowed them to enter the Champions League, albeit from the preliminary round against Red Star Belgrade. UEFA’s Emergency Committee allowed the move, but pointed out they had grave reservations about letting the Rossoneri into the competition.

“The situation was compounded by some power play. Just think that Sepp Blatter is in charge of FIFA, so I can’t comment on him without saying something ungentlemanly. People more qualified than me said that UEFA’s statements were ridiculous, but I don’t think we’ll be penalised by referees in the Champions League because of it.”

Costacurta is 40 years old, but he’ll have to lead the defence in the first leg against Red Star at San Siro on Wednesday because Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Dario Simic and Marcos Cafu are out of action.

“I thought my Champions League career had ended with last season’s semi-final against Barcelona,” he smiled. “I am proud, but as a Milan supporter, I’d hope the best players were on the field.”

He has some frightening memories of Red Star, as the Rossoneri were almost eliminated from the European Cup at the Maracana in Belgrade 18 years ago before bad weather forced play to be suspended and a brawl broke out.

“I remember we scored a goal that wasn’t spotted by the referee, but then in the players’ tunnel there was a strange atmosphere with opponents and the police ganging up on us. We all felt very intimidated.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
mark77 said:
“I think it was right to give the title to Inter, as in the light of the verdicts there was no other alternative, although in my view Milan deserved it more. I was irritated by Roberto Mancini’s comments, because it is not 'The Scudetto of the honest people.’ It is a result created by the trial, nothing more. All the players are honest here.”
:rofl2: yeah right

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
mark77 said:
Costacurta condemns Calciopoli
Saturday 5 August, 2006
Billy Costacurta believes Juventus should not have been demoted to Serie B for the Calciopoli scandal, but would gladly welcome Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the side.

“Juventus shouldn’t have gone to Serie B. The club was penalised too harshly, while the real people responsible didn’t pay as much as they should’ve. Those who ended up paying the price were the clubs, fans, sponsors and players. It’s all down to two people and the rule about indirect responsibility should be scrapped,” said the defender.

The Bianconeri were demoted, stripped of two titles and ordered to start the next season with a 17-point penalty. Lazio and Fiorentina were also originally sent to Serie B, but brought back up on appeal, while Milan’s penalty was cut from 15 points to eight.

The 2005-06 Scudetto was assigned to Inter by default after the shake-up, a decision that the long-time Rossoneri star supports.

“I think it was right to give the title to Inter, as in the light of the verdicts there was no other alternative, although in my view Milan deserved it more. I was irritated by Roberto Mancini’s comments, because it is not ‘The Scudetto of the honest people.’ It is a result created by the trial, nothing more. All the players are honest here.”

Juve’s demotion has seen many stars move away and Zlatan Ibrahimovic looks set to follow. Milan are said to be closing in on a deal for the Swede, who was fined by the Bianconeri for refusing to attend a friendly match on Friday.

“Should we sign Hernan Crespo or Ibrahimovic? I really like Hernan, but in football terms I am totally in love with Ibrahimovic. I have to say Gourcuff impressed me in training. I may be exaggerating, but he has a touch that reminds me of Zinedine Zidane.”

Milan’s adjusted punishment has allowed them to enter the Champions League, albeit from the preliminary round against Red Star Belgrade. UEFA’s Emergency Committee allowed the move, but pointed out they had grave reservations about letting the Rossoneri into the competition.

“The situation was compounded by some power play. Just think that Sepp Blatter is in charge of FIFA, so I can’t comment on him without saying something ungentlemanly. People more qualified than me said that UEFA’s statements were ridiculous, but I don’t think we’ll be penalised by referees in the Champions League because of it.”

Costacurta is 40 years old, but he’ll have to lead the defence in the first leg against Red Star at San Siro on Wednesday because Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Dario Simic and Marcos Cafu are out of action.

“I thought my Champions League career had ended with last season’s semi-final against Barcelona,” he smiled. “I am proud, but as a Milan supporter, I’d hope the best players were on the field.”

He has some frightening memories of Red Star, as the Rossoneri were almost eliminated from the European Cup at the Maracana in Belgrade 18 years ago before bad weather forced play to be suspended and a brawl broke out.

“I remember we scored a goal that wasn’t spotted by the referee, but then in the players’ tunnel there was a strange atmosphere with opponents and the police ganging up on us. We all felt very intimidated.”
Come on now, you were a respected player, Alessandro. I know you don't actually believe that.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
All of his nice words about Juve was because he has a Juventina in his house...

I feel his frustration during the last weeks because of her sadness...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ReBeL said:
All of his nice words about Juve was because he has a Juventina in his house...

I feel his frustration during the last weeks because of her sadness...

didnt he support juve as a child or sumthing aswell? if not u know he only said these things to please his mrs for lovin' tonite

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
"I was irritated by Roberto Mancini’s comments, because it is not 'The Scudetto of the honest people.’ It is a result created by the trial, nothing more. All the players are honest here.”
exactly.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
his wife is hot, and am guessing after he said that he will get more

anyway its the likes of costcurta and maldini who u feel r real legends, they understand wat happend....unlike those cunts from Inter especially figo and mancini who really should be ashamed of themselves.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
sateeh said:
his wife is hot, and am guessing after he said that he will get more

anyway its the likes of costcurta and maldini who u feel r real legends, they understand wat happend....unlike those cunts from Inter especially figo and mancini who really should be ashamed of themselves.

ye figo was quick to moan at how now its all cleaned up this morning, i encourage anyone who lives in england to come to watford on tuesday evening and to join my barage of insults and missiles at the inter players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)