[Coppa Italia] Purple Rats 0-3 JUVENTUS (April 7th, 2015) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Storari

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Padoin

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Sturaro

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Matri

• COMAN

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #243
    No, no, no. Send the primavera. My care cup is empty.
    I literally do not care at all about the coppa. If it is the reason we don't get passed Monaco due to fatigue or some unforseen injury then I will be very upset.
    Play with the primavera, nobody wants another injury of Tevez, Morata & Co.

CL must be our focus
    I've always had a high regard for the coppa, I've really wanted to be the first to 10 and a silver star would be cool.

That said, fuck it. The deficit, the injuries, the cl; its just not worth it at this point. Please rest those who need rest, don't tire our starters for Monaco, and for the love of god, please don't get anyone injured.
    Yeah, we really shouldn't invest any significant amount of resources on this game.
    Kudos to all the "men" in this thread who actually said we should be going for the win.

Those up above ^^^ should be banned. :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    So what? Can't believe anyone would even try to justify what Allegri did to Coman. They needed to score 3 goals in like 2 minutes. Bringing on Llorente to defend set pieces is a hilarious reason.
    What do we owe Coman to soothe his ego here? Why has Coman's feelings become more important than the team?

Allegri decided not to take his foot off the gas and keep the team fighting for a clean sheet -- even if it meant subbing out Coman due to mismatches on headers to cover the person that Morata was normally marking.

If Allegri is telling the club to never take their foot off the gas pedal and to fight to the end, I'm all for it. That psychology of fight-until-the-end cannot be turned off on an finished game and turned back on for a major competitive match.

I'm sick of tyrannical junior players who have done little for the club yet getting enfant terrible treatment. For what? You play for the team. The team's success always comes first. What Coman does has to serve that goal above all else.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    So what? Can't believe anyone would even try to justify what Allegri did to Coman. They needed to score 3 goals in like 2 minutes. Bringing on Llorente to defend set pieces is a hilarious reason.
    What Allegri did to Coman? :lol: . The guy is nothing but net atm and people are disputing the way he manages the team juet because they want Coman to play. When you're defending with 10men its much better to have another tall body on the field. Why would we make our risk of conceding any larger if we can avoid it?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    In all fairness didn't Llorente actually win the Fiorentina set piece ball the second he came on

Don't really care if we hurt the feelings of a player in the bottom of our pecking order atm especially when the man hurting them feels is the man who is masterminding Juve to cup finals.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    What do we owe Coman to soothe his ego here? Why has Coman's feelings become more important than the team?

Allegri decided not to take his foot off the gas and keep the team fighting for a clean sheet -- even if it meant subbing out Coman due to mismatches on headers to cover the person that Morata was normally marking.

If Allegri is telling the club to never take their foot off the gas pedal and to fight to the end, I'm all for it. That psychology of fight-until-the-end cannot be turned off on an finished game and turned back on for a major competitive match.

I'm sick of tyrannical junior players who have done little for the club yet getting enfant terrible treatment. For what? You play for the team. The team's success always comes first. What Coman does has to serve that goal above all else.
    Good post.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    What Allegri did to Coman? :lol: . The guy is nothing but net atm and people are disputing the way he manages the team juet because they want Coman to play. When you're defending with 10men its much better to have another tall body on the field. Why would we make our risk of conceding any larger if we can avoid it?
    It's like we're fielding a little league team and someone's dad keeps bitching that their son isn't getting enough playing time.

This is the big leagues, folks. :rolleyes:

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #251
    It's like we're fielding a little league team and someone's dad keeps bitching that their son isn't getting enough playing time.

This is the big leagues, folks. :rolleyes:
    Kinda like people saying we should play the primavera today "for" the CL in a week.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
    Montella: 'Juve were stronger'
    By Football Italia staff

Vincenzo Montella said Fiorentina must admit “Juventus were stronger” after a 3-0 Coppa Italia semi-final defeat.

The Viola had been in pole position after a 2-1 first leg victory in Turin, becoming the first side to win there since Bayern Munich in April 2013.

“We knew that we were facing a strong side. The first leg was only one part of it, we didn’t put in the performance we wanted,” the Coach told Rai Sport.

“Juventus deserved to win, even if the incidents went their way. Even the lucky ricochets went their way and that makes a big difference on a psychological level.

“I was frankly baffled by the early disallowed Mohamed Salah goal, as the push didn’t seem worthy of that fall. Never mind, Juve deserved it overall.

“Fiorentina weren’t too bad during the game itself, but Juventus were clinical and took all their chances, whereas we did not.

“We need certain figures in midfield against a side like Juve and suffered physically as well as being outnumbered there.

“The goal on the stroke of half-time really took the wind out of our sails. Obviously against a side with such physical strength it becomes complicated, but my team wanted to score to the end and continued to fight hard until the final whistle.

“At times you just have to acknowledge the other team was stronger. The Serie A table shows how far ahead Juventus are from the rest, so evidently that’s still the case.”

Yeah right:lol:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

None of this makes any sense based on the fact that the importance of the team, which in this case was winning the tie and getting to the final, was not at risk. If anything Coman's confidence and development could be argued as a matter of import for the team, much more so than maybe conceding a consolation goal of zero importance. I could understand all of what you're saying if the score was 2-0 or even 3-1 but at 3-0? Nah. Coman's feelings are not more important than the team. I never implied that and I never would, but both his feelings and the result the team needed could've been attained. It's not like Allegri had to choose between one or the other.

Because it's 3-0 and virtually impossible for them to score 3 goals in the remaining time?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

:tup:

But that potential!!! THAT POTENTIAL!!! Like I said we should include some 13 year olds in the first team, just imagine dat POTENTIAL.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Because it's 3-0 and virtually impossible for them to score 3 goals in the remaining time?
    So we should increase our chance of conceding to soothe the ego of a 18 year old who is a very rare performer for us?

Let me ask you this - in the final part of this season, does Juventus gain more from a collective boost in confidence from clean sheets or from giving Coman playing time just for the fuck of it?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Kudos to all the "men" in this thread who actually said we should be going for the win.

Those up above ^^^ should be banned. :D
    Fuck you :D Still don't care about the Coppa but am relishing destroying the rats at their own stadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)