[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Roma (37 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
well.....atleast italy have their own rino...btw offtopic but euro2008 draw will be tomorrow/today( it depends where you live...) have we any topics about that?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Hey snoop sorry I couldn't answer you, I was coming home from my work... listen since the "topic" is alredy past, lets just leave it there, we will pick it up some other time.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Shoryuken said:
Nah man, Coppa Italia is just not a priority for us. TBH if we want to win the CL and the scudetto something has to be downprioritized. So our reserves couldnt handle it this time, too bad, even if we i win against Roma in the next match we would have to play Milan which is another tough match. Too much energy cant be spent on Coppa Italia if we want to win the CL and the Scudetto. Going out against Roma in the next match is also an advantage over Inter and Milan in the scudetto race so there is postive things coming out from this loss, thats why im not pissed off at all.

And how do you figure that Capello cant handle the big matches? Bayern, Milan Inter and Liverpool loss?

How about first in CL group twice in a row, win against Bayern three times, Real Madrid, Milan last year, Inter this year, Roma 4-1, 3 wins against a strong Viola side and more to come, you cant win em all you know and he has a pretty good track record even against the big teams.

You will see, i can almost gurantee if we dont play Barcelona we will make it all the way to the final this year and if we do somehow get eliminated i believe it will be because of bad luck(like last year against pool in the first match) and not because of our coachs bad decision making, all that remains to be seen so i wont speculate further but i dont really undurstand what you mean when you say "cant handle the difficult matches".

I agree the cup is not a priority, but i m convinced the same eleven we used(maybe without Pessotto)could have done better if we were using other tactics,our players played the game anyway,we could have done better than concede 3goals,in this game, that Roma had only one threat(Mancini) and we were wide open...

By luck and by our super players's determination(and skills) its impossible to suck at all big games,our main problem are teams, wich as i said, can defend strongly, like Lazio,Milan,Pool the system Cap uses all the time is especially unefficient against these kind of teams, we sould have developed an alternative one just for those games only,when Roma attacked,previus game, they got bitten, now it was our time to attack and they owned us with our own tactics,
we were loosing (this and others) the game tactically and Cap never makes a change, even when he sees with his own eyes it doesnt work...

On CL im not afraid of Barcelona or Werder, these are the kind of teams our system works perfect against,
Chelsea+Pool are the kind of teams wich focus on defence, they build a strong defensive wall (secure their flanks, force as to attack with all our forces, smth we arent designed to do and murder us on the counter attacks),
that our low creativity,slow and absolutely clueless attack plan cannot penetrate if 9/11 of our starters arent in their best day,
thats a heavy risk there and because Juve was never so lucky for this to happen(playing all our first eleven-remember our first eleven the last time we played Barcelona?),
history prooved we have minimum chances, unless we find an alternative viable solution, like last year's 4-3-3,
this year atlast and atleast we have the subs that can make the difference and mayby even change the course of the game, but Cap wont sub them i unless its already toooooo late,thats another habbit of his!!!

Every single year Juve has bad luck in CL on the draw's, the accidentations, the suspences and all, it would be a surprise if we wouldnt get unlucky for a change, thats why we sould take it more serius and leave almost zero chances that bad luck will determine our fate, but we did not, no steps of improoving our weak spots are conceived yet
and we have no excuses, we have the tools to dominate Europe,
our players by default can win the majority of the teams playing in CL,
we were never that strong(material)the last 9years
but when we will meet tougher opponents, every small detail can determine the final result (and have weak spots) and Cap does nothing to prevent the outcome,
mistakes like the long ball play against and English defence and Pessotto against Mancini till the late scores, will be repeated, because nothing have changed in our tactics,

i saw that yesterday when Olivera,Mutu,Nedved crossed for Zalayeta instead of trying to create smth and when they did, it was just an individual try allready fated to fail, why? because we dont have a plan for that,(we dont have an alternative plan if our crosses doesnt work)
i have seen Mutu and Nedved doing magnifisent things (in the past and present) and creating spectacular creative chances,
now, Mutu esp makes good runs, dribbles, reaches the box and have no other options than make a cross, because he hasnt any support and no idea's to follow
why? because we dont have a plan and no player ment to be there,to support him, for those kind of situations, because Cap doesnt want them,(thats the perfect ex how a coach can amputate a player)
NO they have to cross only to a tall strong attacker and he must make his way all alone with his strengh and dribbling to a shooting position and then he must have the shooting skills to execute the keeper before the 3men on his tail get him...
acording to Cap there is no other option,
thats why we score most of our goals in difficult matches from set pieces...(if we score them at all)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Shoryuken said:
Not true, Zlatan hasnt been useless at all. In fact he is one of our most important players especially in Capellos tactics, If you havent noticed the team is pretty much built around him. The only thing about his game that has been lacking is the goals, and he has to improve on that.

Del Piero will never be able to do the work Zlatan does in every match, Del Piero isnt a target player nor is he as creative, strong, fast and as good of a passer as Zlatan.

He scores goals though and his freekicks are very effective of late. TBH i would rather see Del Piero play when Trez is off form because Trez on the other hand isnt very useful when he doesnt score, Zlatan is too good and important for the team to be benched. I bet you find that laughable huh. So sad then. I dont even know why i try to have a discussion with you, Zlatan less useful then the ball boys, yea thats a realistic view of it all.

I bet you Del Piero and Zlatan starts against Ascoli.
So? I disagree with Capello's tactics. I think building a team around a player who isn't doing well is just plain stupid. Capello made us boring and predictable and quite frankly I can't imagine we could win against any top team with his tactics.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we dont care about the cup, we sould have tried of smth different,
other players, other tactics, even if we choosed to pick the same "plan"
we sould just try an alternative once since it failed again, but we didnt,
why because we dont have any,
i m afraid its not that Cap wouldnt want to win this game,
but its he couldnt...
he can win us the games when our players provide total superiority against weaker opponents(almost all of them)
but if we face a stronger defensive based team, we are done...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Cronios said:
If we dont care about the cup, we sould have tried of smth different,
other players, other tactics, even if we choosed to pick the same "plan"
we sould just try an alternative once since it failed again, but we didnt,
why because we dont have any,
i m afraid its not that Cap wouldnt want to win this game,
but its he couldnt...
he can win us the games when our players provide total superiority against weaker opponents(almost all of them)
but if we face a stronger defensive based team, we are done...
I've said it before and I will say it again: Fabio Capello is not as great a coach most of you think he is. Look at what Mourinho managed to do with smaller clubs, look at what Mourinho manages to do with his ingame changes. No, Mourinho is miles ahead of Capello.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
“We might have deserved something more in the first half: we created several chances but we could not make the most of them. Then we went down and Roma were good at turning defence into attack: they have fast and good players. Anyway, we managed to react and re-open the game. When we went 3-0 down, everything seemed to be compromised but now with a 3-2 we have a chance in the second-leg and it’s good to be still in the tie.” Fabio Capello finds the positive side of the match against Roma; despite the result does not reward Juventus, the Bianconeri coach is satisfied with his lads’ reaction: “Maybe Roma were more motivated than us but in any case we played really well. On the other hand, our reaction on the 3-0 proves we wanted to do well too”. Once again, Alex Del Piero was crucial: “He was, the match changed when he got in. When he gets in, he always makes the difference. He scored a brace and not only that: he showed a great determination in driving the team.. He behaved as the Captain.”

-and we dont
-and we didnt

Typical Cap blames the players...

can u excuse Roma they didnt use handicap players, playing in the snow away from home just to make another draw...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Giallorossi Coach Luciano Spalletti was understandably disappointed at seeing Juve claw back a seemingly tie-winning score, but commended Juve for their comeback.

"The game was all over," he said. "We played well, but then they dug deep and when they come back like that there’s not a lot you can do.

"We didn’t create very much, we just kept it tight and tried to defend as a unit," he admitted. "It’s a shame, though, because we had it won with that goal lead."

everybody knows that Cap cant handle that...

Geof

May 14, 2004
I agree on that.

Every team from Europe knows how to beat us. Secure down the flanks, keep it tight and then vaaaaaaaouuuuuuuummmmmmmm counter-attack, if fast and efficient enough, it'll be goal.

We need to able to change tactics during a game, alternate attacking through the center and down the flanks.

Another thing that struck me yesterday: I barely saw a pass that was longer than 10m. It was just like passing the ball around to find a whole in the defence, lose the ball, counter attack. Goal.

That's our problem IMO, we can't surprise our opponents.

But you've got to see the positive side of things, we were down by 0-3 and came back to 2-3, which stills gives us a chance to qualify (but I doubt Cap really cares).

Finally, it's been a while since I saw Del Piero playing for Juve on my telly, and woah, this guy is really special.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
Cronios said:
Giallorossi Coach Luciano Spalletti was understandably disappointed at seeing Juve claw back a seemingly tie-winning score, but commended Juve for their comeback.

"The game was all over," he said. "We played well, but then they dug deep and when they come back like that there’s not a lot you can do.

"We didn’t create very much, we just kept it tight and tried to defend as a unit," he admitted. "It’s a shame, though, because we had it won with that goal lead."

everybody knows that Cap cant handle that...

but DP can handle that

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Geof said:
I agree on that.

Every team from Europe knows how to beat us. Secure down the flanks, keep it tight and then vaaaaaaaouuuuuuuummmmmmmm counter-attack, if fast and efficient enough, it'll be goal.

We need to able to change tactics during a game, alternate attacking through the center and down the flanks.
Only a pity that so far just three teams managed to do so, he?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
This match proved few critical points:
1- Our deffence is not that good without Cannavaro. Thuram is getting old and the fact that Kovac is not around makes me really scared. I feel that if Kovac was there last night they wouldn't have been able to score 3 goals. A CB is really needed. Why didn't we use Gladstone? For god sakes I would've used Giannicheda as a CB rather than Zebina.
2- Our general mentality is very nice. The team pushed on even when they were down by 3 goals. We did not give up. And we were rewarded by 2 goals (grande Ale). Last year we had a major problem. We could not recover from being down by a goal. This year we've proved that we can get up after an early fall quite fast. We scored the 2nd goal in the last minute of the extra time, which only tell that we have the spirit.
3- Mutu is an astonishing player, he was terrific last night. MOM in my opinion
4- We really need a RB. Pessotto is not as he used to be a couple of years back. All respect goes to Luca who is doing all he can at that age. Grazie Pessotto..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)