[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Fiorentina (13 Viewers)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
DP is great in league games...and also great for like 30 minutes in CL games because there is loads of hard tackles and more physical play.....cap knows that and thats why zlatan the barbarian gets to play those rough games......Ibra has hella passing skills and Offensive awarness....i would really like to see him play behind trez and mutu.....that would be great ...but cap prefers to play 4-4-2 with out the trident.....but i really believe that we can crush teams if we rotate our strikers in the tridents.......all we need then is more focus from out midfielders...and defense..it would make juve more enjoyable to watch..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Shoryuken said:
Great post:tup:

Maybe Zlatan should be benched, but i wonder if it would be a risky move though.

Del Piero played great today but he hasnt been very consistent this season, fielding him as a starter against bigger teams could be quite risky, especially in the CL where you only get so many chances.

Against Reggina i would play him as a starter though, a player that played a match like the one today must be given a chance. He was awesome today. Probably the best match ive seen from a Juve player all year.

Its too bad Capello sees Del Piero as competition for Zlatan, i see Zlatan as competition for a midfield position, in fact im sure if he was given the chance he would be a shoein in our midfield. Well maybe in the future i will find out if im right or not.
I don´t understand why it would be risky to start him against big teams

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Maresca said:
Those games are usually physical...you dont want Dp going in and getting Fvcked up....when you got zlatan who can take the beating....imagine he gets injured again?/ we will never see him end his career in class

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Maresca said:
They tend to be very physical matches and the pace is much higher. Del Piero is weaker and slower then Zlatan so i just think it could be risky, i would rather see him come on when the opponents are tired and he is fully refreshed.

But of course, if he keeps playing the way he did today all that is irrelevant. Because you dont cut a player who scores two goals or more every match no matter how slow or weak he may be.

For the record Del Piero is not even that slow or weak its just that Zlatan is so much stronger and faster then 90 % of forwards out there.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #609
    hambon said:
    Thats it....we should go back to the trezegoal -dp duo that has allways worked and sub in zlatan in the 70 minute....mutu has also proved his worth along with Balzaretti. It was really great to see juve play so well today. Even though gladstone and olivera got no minutes today. its shows that we really have a deep team. That is what is needed towards the end of the season specially round CL time.

Del Piero played amazing today as usaul. He showed Juve fans and capello that he is well worth a starters shirt. I really love watching zlatan play, but DP is in hella form and zlatan should be benched for a while so that he can get his fire burning , so that when he gets on that pitch we can expect him to play like the zlatan we know......That is what DP showed us. He practiced hard, had patience and showed it all on the pitch . Zlatan should learn from the legend. I really think that capello had a part in DP's performance. When a player ages and starts to lose his physical side. It is good to rest them and play them when thier form is at thier peak. The Don has brought us back the DP we know. The DP that has earned his title as juves best. Now i think he should do the same for zlatan since he is also a legend in the making.....

Forza Juve
    Well said, H man.

That Trez-DP partnership is something special, IMO. Something we should go back to a little more often. (Look at when we took all the points from Milan at the San Siro last season...)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    ok, saw the match, ref s-cked, great freekick goal from dp, all our players playd well except blasi(imo), why viola didnt start with toni? i mean thats the only trophy what they could have won this season....

wonder what toni and dp talked in the end of the match....

toni and dp looked nervous in some situations in the game(toni argues with vieira, and dp made some hard tackles and also looked angry a little bit)

penalty was a BS imo....should have given a freekick...

balza is a good player

finally i saw gladstone.... looks like ronaldo a little bit, you know that brazialian guy(though it was more like a joke cap put him in...same with olivera....cap should have subbed blasi in the second half imo with olivera...)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    NB!!!

Look what cap said after the game....he will eat his words i tell you:

"We played a fantastic match tonight, especially in the first half. Del Piero is in great form, as are many of our players," said coach Fabio Capello after Juve's 6-3 win on aggregate"

If his going to use him as a sub somewhere like 87 minute then.....well.....i dont have to say more....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Capello needs to bench zlatam more.... maybe that way he will recover his form like del pieor is doing...

after all, if u get benched so many times being a champion, we can understand why dp is frustrated... but i think that time will give one more chance to him, to shine.

Return to the trez-dp partnership form some time is a very interesting option..

at least capello can try it in copa or easy matches---

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    mark77@sgf said:
    Saw the game, the Delle Alpi pitch is horrible. They need to re-do it pronto before players get injured. *corne*
    Zalayeta needs new motivation. I think it's time for him to leave and play more often. He deserves it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Shoryuken said:
    They tend to be very physical matches and the pace is much higher. Del Piero is weaker and slower then Zlatan so i just think it could be risky, i would rather see him come on when the opponents are tired and he is fully refreshed.

But of course, if he keeps playing the way he did today all that is irrelevant. Because you dont cut a player who scores two goals or more every match no matter how slow or weak he may be.

For the record Del Piero is not even that slow or weak its just that Zlatan is so much stronger and faster then 90 % of forwards out there.
    I gotta disagree with statement.

DP is the leading Juventus scorer of all time, and these goals came in all sorts of physical, high-paced affairs

I gotta say the proverbial pie is in that idiot Cap's face...

how stupid he now looks for giving the snub to DP this whole season, even so far as to only put him in for 4 minutes last week

the jokes on you, Cap, DP isnt finished yet

as far as Mutu goes, did anyone else see where he was when he finished on the rebound for his goal ??

inside the box, not too far from the front of the net

Mutu is a better finisher than Zlatan...and so is DP for that matter. Both are better in the box

time to put Mutu up top, and start rotating the players a bit...just like Chelsea does

maybe Zlatan will improve some by not playing as much, and not guaranteed a starting spot

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
    Vinman said:
    I gotta disagree with statement.

DP is the leading Juventus scorer of all time, and these goals came in all sorts of physical, high-paced affairs
    I gotta say the proverbial pie is in that idiot Cap's face...

how stupid he now looks for giving the snub to DP this whole season, even so far as to only put him in for 4 minutes last week

the jokes on you, Cap, DP isnt finished yet

as far as Mutu goes, did anyone else see where he was when he finished on the rebound for his goal ??

inside the box, not too far from the front of the net

Mutu is a better finisher than Zlatan...and so is DP for that matter. Both are better in the box

time to put Mutu up top, and start rotating the players a bit...just like Chelsea does

maybe Zlatan will improve some by not playing as much, and not guaranteed a starting spot

Red, thats not really an argument, you could say the same for Boniperti, maybe now you see my point?

Zlatan should be benched, for the first time i agree on that. Del Piero should start.

But, even though Del Piero is far from being finished he isnt 26 anymore and when we faced Bayern, Inter and Milan it really showed.

I think Cap should let him start and if he keeps performing he should play against the bigger teams, but im still worried he cant handle those types of defenders anymore.

Lets hope he proves me wrong;)

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Just a little addition:
    Interesting to see that we still trounced Fiorentina with 2 players totally out of position. Mutu & Zambrotta were not very comfortable playing in those positions and it showed early in the game. Just imagine Zambro on the left, Mutu upfront & Neddy right behind them!
    Grand performance by il Capitano!

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    Holdon said:
    Lame defending, how small is Bojinov?
    Well…, his girlfriend has an account on this site…
    http://www.sextoysex.com/sex/start/sex.html?a=sextoys

:D

Black&White. said:
    In Del Piero I trust.
    :star:

Dominic said:
    Balzaretti. Now this player impressed me. Great passing, crossing. Positioning. Comfortable on the ball. I'd like to see more of him. You'll need to watch your moves now Chiellini! 6.5+
    Thanks Dominic.
    I did not see this game (first one this season) and appreciate your review.

Great news about Balzaretti. He looks juvestyle as well…:)

denco said:
    Finally a game we dominated even if Fiorentina were quite the embarassment and not until Brocchi and Toni came on did they show anything.

Balzaretti: Everytime i have seen him, he has been brilliant and he has speed, passes the ball well and goes forward and links up play with his team mates, maybe nbot so good defensively, i am not sure, but i will prefer to see him play right back 6.5
    Same to you denco as to Dominic.
    Good to read that we finally dominated a game!
    And you made the Balzaretti analyze correct with your second opinion.

Jeeks said:
    It seems you don't know much about football, do you play the game or just play PES?
    Almost gave you a neg rep for that…

Azzurri7 said:
    Well said hambon....

Though lot of people now will do think It's a cry to bench Zlatan...
    I have no insight in the team, their practices or lives.
    But… Imo it is healthy to have a situation where you have to fight for your place in the first 11. Ibra is a world class player. But lately he has neither performed or act as you can expect. He does not seem to enjoy being on the pitch. Neither does he seem to have fun or appreciate his teammates.
    Not letting DP get more playtime after this would be a crime…

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    Wow, didn't expect DP to break the record in this way. A Hattrick is just too great! What would Boniperti say?

Indeed the man is a living legend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)