[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Fiorentina (9 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Coppa: Legend Alex thumps Viola
Tuesday 10 January, 2006

Alessandro Del Piero's hat-trick thrashed Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia and made him the most prolific Juventus player of all time.

A place in the quarter-finals was open to either side following the eventful 2-2 draw at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, a game that was marred by crowd trouble that saw play halted for almost an hour when tear gas was deployed.

Fiorentina gave teenager Davide Brivio his debut in midfield, while Juventus brought back Gianluigi Buffon after a toe injury further delayed his return to regular first team football.

Sebastien Frey was tested twice early on by Pavel Nedved and Adrian Mutu, while at the other end Giampaolo Pazzini’s snapshot skimmed the upright.

However, it was Del Piero who opened the scoring with an historic goal. The captain spun round between three defenders and swept in the finish for his 183rd official strike in a Juventus jersey. He is now the most prolific player in this club’s history, leaving behind Giampiero Boniperti’s record.

Del Piero further enhanced that tally six minutes later, as he curled a perfect free kick over the defensive wall and past a totally static Frey.

Although he didn’t actually score the third, Del Piero created it for Mutu. He combined with Nedved and his strike was parried into the path of the Romanian for a simple tap-in.

Frey kept the scoreline down with a save on Marcelo Zalayeta, but the Viola were dominated in every area of the field and toothless in attack without Luca Toni. Coach Cesare Prandelli introduced the hitman for the second half in place of Pazzini.

But the Bianconeri continued to create chances and Del Piero’s hat-trick was denied by a fantastic Frey reaction save from six yards, then soon after the Frenchman repeated the trick on his header.

The referee pointed to the spot after Alessandro Gamberini’s slight nudge on Zalayeta and Del Piero stepped up to convert the soft penalty and make this already historic evening even more special.

Fiorentina scored a consolation goal from a set-piece, as Valeri Bojinov timed his header perfectly to nod Manuel Pasqual’s free kick past Buffon. The Bulgarian striker had also netted in the first leg.

The visitors were livelier in the second half, as the introduction of Toni, Manuel Pasqual and Riccardo Montolivo brought them closer to their classic line-up. Nonetheless, the tension was high and Toni was fortunate to escape a red card for a dangerous tackle on Patrick Vieira. Frey rushed off his line to close down Zalayeta and prevent a fifth Bianconeri goal.

Juventus await the result of the Roma-Napoli tie to discover who they will be facing in the quarter-finals.

Juventus 4-1 Fiorentina (6-3 agg)

Scorers: Del Piero 9, 17, pen 56 (J), Mutu 21 (J), Bojinov 64 (F)

Football Italia

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Tino said:
Ok guys! iam off now! was a nice evening with you all!

Fazit:
-3 goals from our capitano, I dont no when he scored the last time 3 goals in 47 min!!
-Balzaretti is a good replacement when any winger is injured or need a rest!
-Olivera made a five min comeback! thx Cap
-Azzurri7 was not here and I hope he saw his dude becomeing a true legend when he scroes the 183 goal!
- Arsenal lost in Wigan, and I lost my money!

ciao
Forza Juve
buona notte :D

:wallbang:

There goes 80 vcash down the drain

Crap Arsenal!!!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
someone hee said that Balzaretti is looking like Nedved and Mutu also has a look alike player so I was asking who is that player who looks like Mutu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)